FPVLAB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wing Wing Z-84 (845mm) - 72.6km long range flight into tropical storm

Cool Wing Wing Z-84 (845mm) - 72.6km long range flight into tropical storm

Tiny plane with big long range adventure!
    Just wanna share my success flying my two just recently build Wing Wing Z-84 (V1 and V2/v2+)with record breaking long range flight proving that this small tiny wing could fly beyond its intended design. Currently achieved max up to 72.6km mileage per-session with flight time of 90 minutes (1 hour 30 minutes) on 3500mah 4s Li-on pack (Proof video below).

For more details of my ultimate long range mini UAV WING WING Z-84 you can read setup at my blog page below link.

Build log and specification page:

http://www.supermotoxl.com/fpvuav-models-builds-and-flight-reviews/589-uav-wing-wing-z-84-845mm

================================================
    Specification: Version 2 build (V2/V2+)
    Wingspan: 845mm
    Length: 405mm
    Elevon: 2x 9g servo analog MG
    ESC: 12A TURNIGY Plush
    Motor: AX 1806N 2100KV
    External BEC: 3A/5V (Micro size board)
    Propeller: Stock 2 blade 5"x3 GWS
    Radio receiver: Frsky telemetry 8ch
    Battery: LG MJ1 NRI 18560 Li-on (3500mah per-cell) 3500mah 3s1p 10A / 4S on V2+ build
    Camera HD (main): RUNCAM HD F2.8
    Flight Control board: APM Mini Pro + mini GPS Ublox 7N (Uses Arduplane Version 3.4 firmware)
    APM radio telemetry: mini 3DR radio telemetry + halfwave di-pole antenna
    Voltage + Current sensor: 3DR power module 2-6s
    Full flying weight: 390gram / 430gram on V2+ build
    ================================================

I attached here some proven uncut long range flight video sequentially from the early stage progressed up to its maximum proven long distance flight. So if you have an old wing wing Z-84 sitting around lonely inside your garage then its time to wipe the dust out and give this little miracle a second chance.

The build:

Snapshots of adventure:

Videos:

I will post more updates and latest development on this awesome plane soon.
    Last edited by ican3d; 22nd November 2016 at 07:57 PM.

Wing Wing Z-84 (845mm) - 52.1km long range build, 72 minutes (390gram)

After huge amount of success from previous flight its time to proceed building 2x more Wing Wing Z-84: the V3 and V4. V3 will try to break into around 65~75km mileage with double Li-on pack soon. My new kits just arrived this week with same parts spec as V2 except the servo type because original MG servo was back ordered at hobbyking.

Photos (V3 + V4 build):

Last edited by ican3d; 28th August 2016 at 09:28 PM.

Navigator
    Realy cool I have a new one too and will build the same setup as yours. Do you have some pics on how you have all the electronics built in?

Yes i do have some picture, i usually dump in into my Z-84 gallery at my webpage link here: UAV - Wing Wing Z-84 gallery

Updates: Wing Wing Z-84 passes 63km flight distance covering only 74 minutes with 4s
    I bring some good news! This morning few hours ago i did manage to fly much longer distance than previous mission flight after yesterday 4s test. The Z-84 survived 63KM flight trip across many places clocked only 74 minutes faster than expected and still have extra juice of power left. The Z-84(V2) have been upgraded to 4s li-on giving more runtime and less amp consumption (Cruise throttle at 0.4amp at 40% throttle). Yes some weight have been reduce to compensate extra 1s add-on with current full flying weight of 430gram. Its flew slightly faster than old setup and extremely silent, all i can here is wind blowing. I will post the uncut long HD video of this awesome 63km trip at my youtube channel soon.

Snapshots:

4S powered Z-84 V2+:

Video of 63km epic long distance flight with additional 4s upgrade
    Hey guys, once again i present you full flight video of 63KM flight distance on upgraded Z-84 V2+ (V2 PLUS). This is the 4S Li-On version i manage to cramp into the fuselage and did some weight reduction to compensate those extra cell. You might want to peek back how i fit it from my Z-84 build gallery at my website. Overall the 4S does give a huge improvement on Z-84 and will maintain that way until i max up it performance/capability soon. 63km was an epic flight clocked at 74 minutes to complete the mission. APM flight controller handled very well without any problem as usual. As logged at my website report the V2+ (PLUS) have slightly different schematics than V2 especially how the RUNCAM take it power feed from.

Video:

Ultimate video of Z-84 flown 72.6km into stormy and heavy rain.

Ok guys here you go guys the actual video, 72.6km with extreme flight against mother nature's ultimate fury! All the details is inside the video, this plane survive the impossible and at such weather condition there's no way only miracle could keep this plane going. Clocked at 90 minutes till landing. Some onboard electronics fails along the way due to water flooded in the electronics (Frsky radio receiver + RUNCAM HD) but APM MINI PRO keep moving on to fly till it reach home despite being smack hard by heavy rain. I have to say this is definitely most awesome mind blowing flight i ever had on my youtube channel. Enjoy watching the video and get your Z-84 back in the air because this is a totally hardcore flying platform.

Video:

Thats some impressive range and setup for such a small wing! Nice work! I take it that most of the flight is blind from the ground? What kind of range do you get on the telemetry?

Quote Originally Posted by iwan_canobi View Post
    Thats some impressive range and setup for such a small wing! Nice work! I take it that most of the flight is blind from the ground? What kind of range do you get on the telemetry?
    Thanks, yeah it flies entirely without radio connection for the rest of the flight. On telemetry the effective radio range is about 3KM before it flies without radio at old. This will soon be improve on V3 and V4 version with different connectivity protocol and improvement range plus highly improve stamina. Btw right now still waiting clearance to fly from the authority to give me to permit more than 90km range. Will keep you guys updated soon. Oh the above links have been updated to: http://www.supermotoxl.com/fpvuav-mo...ing-z-84-845mm

Back again for another Z-84 adventure...going off-shore:

Video:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast