+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blurry video through OSD

Blurry video through OSD

I'm tearing my hair out trying to get the Eagletree osd to work on my setup. When I run video through the OSD module it becomes blurry. If I take the osd out of the loop using a jumper cable the video is sharp.

The OSD text is sharp but distorted. It kind of "winks" or "twinkles". Just sitting there and there are horizontal bands of disruption. I already adjusted the black and white levels and that sort of improved the banding but the video remains blurry and the text distorted.

Any suggestions?

Hi Josh,

Would you be able to post a screenshot or short video showing the issue? That should not be occurring.

Hi Eagletree, I only have my headplays so I can't post a video.

I've since tried pulling various pieces of the system out for troubleshooting including:
    UBEC
    ESC/BEC
    Servos
    RC TX (72MHz)

I have also pulled the OSD out of the system and the video becomes clear. I think it is probably an issue with the OSD. Can I send it back to you to check it out?

BTW I love the whole system you guys have here and I'm really excited to get this thing working... just tearing my hair out on vid quality.

we need more info!

What Tx, which frequency, what cam, what UBEC. Specs please. No-one can assist you without this info. A screenshot would be the best though, even though you only got your headplay.

Dio
    Numbers are like people, torture them and they will tell you anything...

"If I would write my setup here, specs, all the planes, helis and quads that I built and own, I could make ONE post per page"

Fixed! I found another thread with a similar problem and followed that out.

Finally I figured out that I had my LC filter in the wrong place... inline TO the camera instead of to the VTX. Working well now!

Thanks guys!

Great news, Josh!

+ Reply to Thread