FPVLAB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z84 Wing Wing Build and Maiden Fail

Z84 Wing Wing Build and Maiden Fail

I tried to build a wing wing but all it did was crash. I even tried with a 4s and no camera battery. But then my 4s batt had a cell leak and looks to be bulging.

I think once I get this new Dinogy 1300 Mah 4S in the mail it should fly right. I also noticed after all this that the motor was poorly mounted on the plane so that it was tilted facing down and to the left.

It came this way from Gearbest who also sent a 2s instead of the advertised 3s Lipo. They never responded to my complaint so I won't be buying from there again.

I fixed the tilted motor problem but I don't have another 4s at the moment to test with.

This is my first fixed wing flight ever. It's pretty horrible. I did pull up and gave it full throttle upon launch but no success.

I also ordered a new 8*6 propeller as I cracked the prop in half on the last crash.

I think you putting to much hardware into a small wing, i can see in your build video you put too much weight and stuff on such a small platform. I bought my Wing Wing Z-84 from a person who made similar problem like yours, he stuff too much and crash after crash after crashes. I bought his crash kit, rebuild/patch the cracks and holes, keep everything simple and light and now it flew right out of my hand like a cotton wool with flying weight of 410gram while the original owner made a face palm. I uses smaller 19gram 2100kv motor + gws 6x3 prop, 18a esc, 3s 3500mah Li-on (135gram), small 5.8hz 200mw micro module, mini apm flight controller, mini gps, 808 #16 hd, naked frsky receiver and 2 gram BEC. I keep my build as aerodynamic as i could so the airflow can be streamlined flew without resistant. Had many successful flight without an incident. No modification to the airframe, i keep the motor mount angle stock factory and elevon surface angle level with no trim...flew great. Below are photo and videos of my build. Keep your build simple and lightweight. Seeing is believing.

Photos:

My Wing Wing Z-84 videos:

Fly,crash,glue,repeat! Jake Bullit's Avatar
    Bad CG,launch site,to much power inducing torque roll.Overloaded,Lack of experience .......

Learn to fly first.
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Bullit View Post
    Bad CG,launch site,to much power inducing torque roll.Overloaded,Lack of experience .......

Learn to fly first.
    I did just get a USB flight controller RC simulator in the mail. I know I suck at flying but I figured if I could fly a quadcopter I could fly this..

ican3d that is incredible I can only dream of getting my wing to fly like that. I will try and make it lighter and see what happens.

Thanks for all the advice.

Hi enthusiast,

Ive had quite a few wing wings... They fly great with a 1200kv odd motor 6x5 prop and 3s
    From the vid looks like you've made the very common mistake of bolting your prop on backwards.... The front of prop is facing rear of wing. The front of prop (with prop size writing) needs to face forward.
    Prop backwards gives you about 1/2 the thrust you should get from a prop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	352.8 KB 
ID:	73663  
    Last edited by ChrisG; 22nd July 2016 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Hi enthusiast,

From the vid looks like you've made the very common mistake of bolting your prop on backwards.... The front of prop is facing rear of wing. The front of prop (with prop size writing) needs to face forward.
    Prop backwards gives you about 1/2 the thrust you should get from a prop
    Ooops!! That might help! I'll have to wait for the new one in the mail before trying again.

I'm not sure how RC propellers are measured. I bought an 8x6 I think that may be too big.

I'm guessing the last number ( ie 8x6) 6 is the length of the blade? 8x6 Should fit fine then?

Edit: I Found this site explaining prop size... So I need to get a different prop
    http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/propeller-size.html

Would something like this be good?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/GWS-6x5-ORAN...IAAOSw8RJXCA9S
    Last edited by FPV_Enthusiast; 22nd July 2016 at 05:41 PM.

Yeah the 8x6 will most likely be too big and load up your motor/esc too much.
    I doubt it would fit between the fins too.

you want a prop something like this.
    http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...products_id=84

Prop size is measured as follows

A 6x5.5 prop is
    6 Inches total Diamater
    5.5 inches pitch.... with 1 rotation it would pull through 5.5 inches of a semi solid substance like jelly, butter etc with each full rotation.

The prop you linked would work but they are very fragile and not meant for High rpm... not good for a high rpm pusher set up or learning
    Hard to know without full details but Id say the prop you had would be fine if it was on the right way.

Keep at it, you'll get it sorted!
    Last edited by ChrisG; 22nd July 2016 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Yeah the 8x6 will most likely be too big and load up your motor/esc too much.
    I doubt it would fit between the fins too.

you want a prop something like this.
    http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...products_id=84
    THanks I just ordered it!

Quote Originally Posted by FPV_Enthusiast View Post
    I did just get a USB flight controller RC simulator in the mail. I know I suck at flying but I figured if I could fly a quadcopter I could fly this..

ican3d that is incredible I can only dream of getting my wing to fly like that. I will try and make it lighter and see what happens.

Thanks for all the advice.
    Hope to see your wing wing Z-84 fly again. Keep it light and simple for FPV. Simple = fun.

Btw just flown 31km trip distance yesterday morning on my Mini UAV Wing Wing Z-84. Looking forward to push extra more kilos soon.

Video:

Fly,crash,glue,repeat! Jake Bullit's Avatar
    good luck next time round,as the guys say simple is best,don't forget cg is critical on these wings.
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast