Thread: Core PNP50 OSD flickering

Navigator

Core PNP50 OSD flickering

I've recently installed the PNP50 in my Alien 5" rebuild and once I powered it for the first time I get the numbers on the top of the screen but the ones on the bottom flicker on and off. The video picture is good tho just the OSD is messed up. I've looked over everything and all wiring is good. Although I can't see it being a wiring problem since the top characters are there and the bottom ones flickering on and off. Any ideas... I changed my setup from the RROSD Pro to the PNP 50 because of the problems I started having with the RROSD Pro and now problems from the start with this.... Thanks for any help anyone can give. Also I know that the Voltage range of the HS1177 is 7-?? volts but I've read a lot of posts of people using 5V for it with no problems so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Alien 5"
    DYS SE2205 2300kv motors
    Kiss FC
    Kiss 24A ESCs
    TBS Core PNP50 using 5V camera and 5V Vtx
    TBS Unify Pro Vtx
    HS1177 camera
    HQ 5x4x3 props

Navigator
    Update: So I've been messing with it and the timer at the bottom of the screen just completely goes away but as before the characters at the top stay but also now are split, half on top and half at the bottom. I can access the menu and see that fine. Definitely seems like something is bad on the PNP50. This was a brand new one right from the package, first time connected to power, no flights, only bench testing. Help please, I'm anxious to get back in the air.

Navigator
    No ones ever had a problem with this?!?

Navigator
    Ok so it turns out that the flight timer at the bottom of the screen comes on and off at 1:00 minute intervals from what someone told me on YouTube. That could've been known upfront if there was a manual for the PNP50.... Ok fine, but I still have half the characters from the top appearing half on top and half on bottom. Also is there a startup screen for the PNP50? If so I don't get that on screen either. As I said before the image from the camera is good, just the OSD flickers on and off and also goes half on top and half on the bottom of the screen. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?!? TBS??

Reason for the funny PNP50 lines

I have the PNP50 and the lines seem to be a byproduct of black spots on the corners of the display, not noise. I believe the system looks for a black line to know the start of the next line. If the camera is looking at some black the camera sees the end of the black as the start. There might be a way to configure the camera to avoid having true black anywhere.

If you reduce the noise of your system, this effect seems to happen less.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnw View Post
    Ok so it turns out that the flight timer at the bottom of the screen comes on and off at 1:00 minute intervals from what someone told me on YouTube. That could've been known upfront if there was a manual for the PNP50.... Ok fine, but I still have half the characters from the top appearing half on top and half on bottom. Also is there a startup screen for the PNP50? If so I don't get that on screen either. As I said before the image from the camera is good, just the OSD flickers on and off and also goes half on top and half on the bottom of the screen. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?!? TBS??