Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: another FPV command post ( Trailer )

Oh BTW, since you will be working in a confined environment and may have RF present, be sure to install the "required" warning signage per FCC rules and regulations, the FCC can be very picky about the lack of such should they drop by and inspect your "operations center".

I installed my signage, per rule, next to the entrance door of the control room. ;-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T_093.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	246.7 KB 
ID:	72422

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Nice I'll look into the signage. With large 900mhz yagi's mounted on the roof it will be difficult to hide the fact we are using rf. Even though our wattage is pretty low

eta, ok looked closer at the sign. Lol.
    Last edited by slappomatt; 9th May 2016 at 09:57 AM.

Got almost an Hr into it today. time is hard to set aside between the 2 of us. Pulled the cat 7 from the rear external port to the back wall where we will plug in our Module extensions and got the first sheet of ply up on that wall.

Attachment 72489

Also got more of the Panduit cover in and got some of that sorted out.

Name:	image1(6).jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	154.4 KB 
ID:	72492

Channel do you have a Build thread for that trailer? Looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by slappomatt View Post
    Channel do you have a Build thread for that trailer? Looks awesome.
    Yes and I updated it with the final build shots today.

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....883#post793883

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

looks like a lot of fun. How often do you use it? more specs on hardware? that dish and camera on the mast look serious.

Worked on the walls and insulation more this afternoon. Got the foam all in, and the rear walls are done, front walls are almost done and the rear cat 7 keystone jack it mounted in the seating area. one more session and the walls/ceiling should all be done and we can start finishing up the wiring and getting some storage for batts and planes sorted. hope to maiden the trailer in a couple weeks.
    Last edited by slappomatt; 15th May 2016 at 02:02 AM.

Finished the insulation/wood on walls and ceiling. Just need to do some seating and storage, install the rubber flooring, paint, and some wiring/mount the lights and we good

Quote Originally Posted by slappomatt View Post
    looks like a lot of fun. How often do you use it? more specs on hardware? that dish and camera on the mast look serious.
    Last year I pulled it our a dozen times or so, this year having relocated to Central Florida and having bought (to me) a new home and all of the remodeling that come with such I haven't had a day to spare, so it, like a lot of my back burner projects has been idle all year. I did use it once to safely relocate my wife's orchid collection, but that really doesn't count.

The camera is a standard CCTV POE LG IP camera, the P&T's are e-bay surplus Pelco outdoor units, the wireless Ethernet is UBNT and the mast is a Will Burt 4.5 - 30 with a 125 lb. platform capacity.

The genset is a Generac 7.5 Kw that I rewired from 240/120 to straight 120 which runs the Dometic a lot better than when it was wired for 240/120.

The A/C, another mast and a butt load of remote broadcast gear came from a remote truck I received from a radio station that couldn't pay what they owed me, the remote unit was in sad shape the tranny was shot and the engine was just about gone, but I took the offer knowing it was that or nothing, two quarters later they filed for bankruptcy and in the end some investment group got the FCC license and everyone else got screwed.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Don't forget to get a 5 or 10 pound ABC extinguisher and a marine mount, it's cheap insurance and beats watching all of your hard work and money going up in smoke should a minor power problem become a serious fire.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

gotcha on the Fire extinguisher. That's a good idea. Once we get done with the main build we will be doing finishing touches like that. here's the latest. We finished the last of the insulation and wood paneling on the walls and ceiling on Thursday. This morning I built the JR module cat 7 adapter, got it all wired up, checked and tested.

Name:	image1(7).jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	207.3 KB 
ID:	72632

Name:	image2(5).jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	267.4 KB 
ID:	72631

Also made the other end with another piece of cat7 and a bit of straight header pin to plug into the crossfire module.

here is the L-com 900mhz 12db yagi and my 2.4 pepperbox with a IRC VRX on the back. need to finish sorting out power for the VRX and the crossfire. Will prob just use a Lipo for now.

Name:	image1(8).jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	72633

couple shots of the inside. We will be using a metal first aid cabinet for short term lipo storage. lower you can see the Cat 7 jacks that lead to outside for our crossfire and taranis connection

Name:	image4.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	72634

here is a shot of the main side wall with TV's and panduit mounted for wires. also a close up of the back of the rear exterior cable port. its done for now. I wish there was a way to fit it all in a handy box but even with 90 adapters on everything it was going to be too deep and I didnt want to go with a stacked box. At least for now its done.

Name:	image6.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	72635

Name:	image5.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	72636

Still plan to make a narrow bench like top along the bottom of the TV's with half hight storage below for SLA batts and the inverter for TV's and what not. Still need to cut in the front exterior port. Might to that tomorrow. I still need to order another stick of the small panduit for that run of cat7 and RCA's. and we want to make a bench on the back wall just under the cat7 input for seating and storage. Few plane racks on the walls and finish the ceiling lights and we done-ish. for now.
    Last edited by slappomatt; 21st May 2016 at 05:08 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast