Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS XRACER & TANGO

Navigator
    The Tango sounds very intriguing. Does it have model memories? How customizable are the controls? What kind of gimbals does it use?

Or to put it another way... If I have a DX9, should I be looking into getting one?

Thanks

TBS XRA...

FPV world really needs a controller with proper gimbals. I may be spoiled by my 18MZ, but everytime I touch my Taranis for FPV flights I feel like the gimbals are rusted. Aurora 9 quality gimbals would be great. I personally would pay up to 500usd for such quality and dedicated FPV TX. Looking at the campaign the price looks around 250usd. The software would be a deciding factor for me, but knowing TBS I'm sure they will nail it spot on for FPV use. When can we preorder it? Is the name Tango finalized?
    Last edited by Hizlimax; 27th April 2016 at 07:51 PM.
    | CW Aviation | TBS Discovery | Discovery PRO | Discovery PRO AerialMob | Gemini | Vendetta | G2 | Caipirinha | DJI S1000+ | Blackout Mini H | Hex | Alien 4" 5" 6" 7" | Helix 5" | Kraken 5R | FU-RC Kore | Sweepwings Runt | Flinch | Ritewing Zephyr XL | ZIII | Drak | Mini Drak | All Hardcores | Rite Spec | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizlimax View Post
    FPV world really needs a controller with proper gimbals. I may be spoiled by my 18MZ, but everytime I touch my Taranis for FPV flights I feel like the gimbals are rusted. Aurora 9 quality gimbals would be great.
    Why not put som A9 gimbals in the taranis then ?

http://flitetest.com/articles/taranis-upgrades

Its very high up on my want to do list. The taranis stock gimbals are bloody awful.

TBS XRA...

Quote Originally Posted by Xerx View Post
    Why not put som A9 gimbals in the taranis then ?

http://flitetest.com/articles/taranis-upgrades

Its very high up on my want to do list. The taranis stock gimbals are bloody awful.
    Yea I have seen that, but I just couldn't find the motivation to do it since new products show up every other week in FPV...except TXs I guess Plus the switches are also not very reliable not to mention the buzzing noise with external uhf modules. Well, yes it is a cheap radio for what it is already doing so I bought a spare one in case I need it right away. Needs too many mods and that just doesn't feel right to me.

And the Crossfire TX hits the ground if I lay it flat without a TX stand
    | CW Aviation | TBS Discovery | Discovery PRO | Discovery PRO AerialMob | Gemini | Vendetta | G2 | Caipirinha | DJI S1000+ | Blackout Mini H | Hex | Alien 4" 5" 6" 7" | Helix 5" | Kraken 5R | FU-RC Kore | Sweepwings Runt | Flinch | Ritewing Zephyr XL | ZIII | Drak | Mini Drak | All Hardcores | Rite Spec | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |

the problem is what people are willing to pay for. it's very easy to do titanium forged plexiglass gold-plated quadruple ball bearing gimbals, but the end result will be a price point people are not willing to pay for. we developed everything ourselves on the Tango. gimbals included.

I agree my comments are not to be taken seriously for a mainstream TX. Anything with slightly better hardware than the Taranis with a price tag around 200usd would work imo...especially if it is all developed by TBS. A limited edition with titanium or carbon parts would be cool actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    the problem is what people are willing to pay for. it's very easy to do titanium forged plexiglass gold-plated quadruple ball bearing gimbals, but the end result will be a price point people are not willing to pay for.
    Finding the right balance is the aim of any successful business. No magic formula. But TBS (and RotorX) seem to have a good feel for what will fly with their target customer.

we developed everything ourselves on the Tango. gimbals included.
    I am definitely excited to see what you guys came up with! I look forward to finding out how the TBS Tango feels in-hand, and everything it can do. With so many regulators obsessed with VLOS, I think it'll be very helpful to have the integrated TX/vRX/display as one option in our FPV toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizlimax View Post
    quality gimbals would be great. I personally would pay up to 500usd for such quality and dedicated FPV TX
    Then wait for FrSky Horus with hall sensor CNC'ed gimbals and the rest bells and whistles
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Roboforcer X2000 View Post
    Then wait for FrSky Horus with hall sensor CNC'ed gimbals and the rest bells and whistles
    I'm waiting but it is taking forever. It looks unnecessarily big and bulky. TBS Tango looks more ergonomical and much easier to pack in a backpack for example. I like how TBS shaped it and designed it for FPV use.

Navigator
    Are there details anywhere on the Internet about the software and other characteristics of the TBS Tango controller?

I'm tempted to go all-in with one of the Atom v2 IndieGoGo bundles but there's just not enough information there. I'd like to know the pros/cons for someone like me who already has a DX9.

Thanks