Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS XRACER & TANGO

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerx View Post
    Thats probably just a new tx, with a crossfire module on the back (antenna is definitely "behind" the tx, not connected directly to it).

Looks to be built for gamers/thumbers, as i cant see pinching being very comfortable on that.
    There is limited specs on the controller at the Indiegogo for the atom v2. It has a Jr module and might be released separately this weekend. I've seen videos of it where someone was using it hybrid style and it looked fine. It looks big.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXDave View Post
    Oh, don't be a buzzkill...let's start some unfounded rumors! LOL!
    Well there's always this

Quote Originally Posted by StompAE86 View Post
    I saw this on FB 2 months ago and curious if I missed whatever the revolution was...sounded interesting
    Attachment 71640
    I literally have no clue what it could be. There's no chance of it being digital video over the crossfire though. As its bandwidth is way to limited for that

Navigator
    Eww brushed motors

Good find, rclover106! So it looks like there's going to be a TBS Xray beginner's quad? The brushed micro with the blue props in the last pic has FPV gear on it. But the frame looks surprisingly like one of Parrot's brushed "cargo" drones. Not sure what the story is with that.

The new TX is the TBS Tango controller w/ built-in 5.8Ghz vRX, CP antenna, and display. Details are on the RotorX Atom v2 Indiegogo campaign page. The Tango controller is going to ship with the RTF Atom v2, but it won't be exclusive to the Atom. So it makes sense that the controller would be available with some TBS quads as well. I think it'd go well with the TBS Gemini. But it looks like Trappy has more flying surprises up his sleeve.

Well, TBS Tango is pretty much out in the open now due to the RotorX campaign changing strategy. It was actually not built for thumbers, but for pinchers and hybrids (especially for the hybrids, R/C manufactuers have been shitting on us for way too long!). No internal RF, only JR bay - can't really add much more other than ask what would your expected price point be for such a controller?

The TBS XRacer has been demoed at the lauch for the Indiegogo campaign. It's a parrot frame, that we build up with cleanflight, spektrum R/C rx and a TBS UNIFY PRO. Aimed at indoor office / warehouse flying, or people getting started with carpark racing and other shenanigans.

Lead times? I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    No internal RF, only JR bay - can't really add much more other than ask what would your expected price point be for such a controller?
    +/- 100-120$ option for the crossfire and i jump onto it.

Well, TBS Tango is pretty much out in the open now due to the RotorX campaign changing strategy. It was actually not built for thumbers, but for pinchers and hybrids (especially for the hybrids, R/C manufactuers have been shitting on us for way too long!). No internal RF, only JR bay - can't really add much more other than ask what would your expected price point be for such a controller?
    Thanks for the extra detail, Trappy. Definitely curious to see/feel how the ergonomics work out IRL. I pre-ordered the Tango controller with my Atom v2. So it was worth at least the $200 up-charge for me. For the Atom v2 RTF package, it'll obviously come with a TX module and RX, which improves the value.

I would say that standalone pricing would have to depend on whether it comes with a JR module included or not. Offering it as a bundle with TBS Crossfire would be cool, although that would obviously be more expensive than an Orange DSMX module. I'd say if you can offer it without an RF module for about $150, it would sell well, and it would be hard for clones to compete. Not sure what kind of pricing you could achieve with a FrSky or DSMX combo. But I think the pricing would have to be competitive with non-module integrated TX to sell in volume. Combo for $200-$250 with either FrSky or DSMX module I think would be attractive.

The TBS XRacer has been demoed at the lauch for the Indiegogo campaign. It's a parrot frame, that we build up with cleanflight, spektrum R/C rx and a TBS UNIFY PRO. Aimed at indoor office / warehouse flying, or people getting started with carpark racing and other shenanigans.
    Sounds like lots of fun! Is the TBS XRacer with the Parrot frame just a hack? Or do you have plans to commercialize it? If so, do you have a relationship with Parrot? Given that the RX1102 8000KV motors weigh the same as a 8.5mm brushed motor, I think the brushed micros will become a much harder sell. That's unless you can make them so cheap that everybody at the office will want to buy one to mess around.

it is a parrot frame, yes. I absolutely love what Parrot has done here. If there are plans to commercialize it is yet to be decided. As of right now, "we" are a big part of the best micro racer with the RotorX Atom. I'm not going to try and compete with that by making their own. and yes, brushed obviously comes at a very attractive price.

it is a parrot frame, yes. I absolutely love what Parrot has done here. If there are plans to commercialize it is yet to be decided. ... and yes, brushed obviously comes at a very attractive price.
    What is it about the Parrot that you like so much? And how is it different from other brushed micros? Maybe it's the Parrot smartphone app? I've seen the Parrot micros for sale in various outlets (notably airport stores). But I never really gave them a second look, because I'd rather put the money towards brushless builds. However, next time I'm stuck in the snow, I might change my mind.

As of right now, "we" are a big part of the best micro racer with the RotorX Atom. I'm not going to try and compete with that by making their own.
    Makes sense, Trappy. You already have the Gemini as well. Bet the Tango controller will go well with it, too.

Navigator
    Well, TBS Tango is pretty much out in the open now due to the RotorX campaign changing strategy. It was actually not built for thumbers, but for pinchers and hybrids (especially for the hybrids, R/C manufactures have been shitting on us for way too long!). No internal RF, only JR bay - can't really add much more other than ask what would your expected price point be for such a controller?
    I must know more. At this point I need a new radio; I've never cared for the Taranis, and I've determined this is the radio I want. So I will pay any price! But it would sell like mad under 200$. More details would keep me from heading to Hong Kong and stealing one. I'd never thought I would be hijacking my own thread.