Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossfire + Pixhawk

Quad newbie
    Do you know what firmware is installed, PX4 or Arduplane/copter?

PX4 might not give the enable OSD.

Most of my pixhawks are running arduplane/copter.

However you still should be able to set the serial ports to mavlink protocol in either qgroundcontrol or mission planner.
    see https://docs.px4.io/en/peripherals/m...ripherals.html if its running the PX4 stack.
    W7STE

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by steveno View Post
    Do you know what firmware is installed, PX4 or Arduplane/copter?

PX4 might not give the enable OSD.

Most of my pixhawks are running arduplane/copter.

However you still should be able to set the serial ports to mavlink protocol in either qgroundcontrol or mission planner.
    see https://docs.px4.io/en/peripherals/m...ripherals.html if its running the PX4 stack.
    I think itís the px4. One more question before I try this that your link explained (thank you so much by the way for all your help!) should I have main power to the system or is the usb power enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quad newbie
    USB should be enough to setup, however if the OSD and crossfire rx are not lighting up and binding you might need to attach external power as well.
    W7STE

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by steveno View Post
    USB should be enough to setup, however if the OSD and crossfire rx are not lighting up and binding you might need to attach external power as well.
    Ok, I have px4 pro installed on the controller and the warning I get is no rc control. Also in the parameters/system tab the sys_companion is: osd(57600 baud, 8n1) telem2 as companion computer link.

I am plugged into the telem1 port on the pixhawk. I didnít think that made a difference but maybe it does. I am at a loss as to where to even start trying to get this to work.

Quad newbie
    Until you get the mavlink stream from the crossfire working it will say no tx connected. I assume you have configured the crossfire to mavlink on 7 and 8 and mavlink ppm. Make sure you have Tx from the crossfire to Rx on the pix, also Rx from the crossfire to TX on the pix, I have got those crossed too many times . Also try telem2 just in case, both should have mavlink capabilities.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    W7STE

Navigator
    Wow, after checking that I had the right wire configuration I found another diagram for the pin layout on the pixhawk. I had the rx and tx switched around . I now have rc link! I am going to look into getting flight modes setup but in checking that my servos were working, which they are. The esc just beeps with no throttle control. The channel in QGroundControl says it is working but no motor spinning.

Quad newbie
    You are now deep into pixhawk setup territory, to let the motors arm you have to get a number of fail-safes satisfied.

On my Pixfalcon I recall them to be: sensors calibrated, compass mag etc, safety switch activated, depending on the mode you might need 3D SATs, normally qgroundcontrol will show you why it can't arm motors etc.

You probably need to follow many of the pixhawk setup threads or videos to get it going now you have RC input.

Steve.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    W7STE

Navigator
    Lol! Iím starting to see that I am only scratching the surface . The way it looks according to QGroundControl the only red dot I have is on ďjoystickĒ which I assume I do not need because I will be using an rc. Earlier you posted a link that shows a page under the systems tab. It shows a line: sys_autostart 13005. Mine has a different value, should I change mine to this? Also is there a place where I should go to that would be more geared to setup? I have tried YouTube without much luck.

Quad newbie
    I would start here assuming you have a pixhawk 2:
    http://diydrones.com/group/pixhawk-2
    https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/pixh...tarted/10031/6

I dont have a pixhawk 2, so I cant really add much help other than these links I found from a google search.
    W7STE

Disable the failsafes

On my tbs pro i disabled the arm button as it is ****ing useless (that and a dji esc issue on arm). On my wing i disabled the arming button AND all the prearm checks. When i put a gps on my wing i only had gps prearm, because what else is needed?

I mean i dont need the multitude of safetys. Yes they have a point but not always.

The prearm checks should be used if it is something that you need to fly, if not why waste time?

I actualy did a huge walkthrough (i think) on exactly how to set up pixhawk and crossfire way back in discovery days. Back when TBS were promoting the CUAV Pixhack. As i will be doing a setup again i will write it from scratch. But that wont help you now

As me a question and i will answer it though.
    Oh and post your setup cfg in code wrapper

Code:
     use like so
    Last edited by Nightram; 15th January 2018 at 07:23 AM.