Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossfire + Pixhawk

Navigator
    hello guys. i got also question about connectivity . the page 21 on the user manual make me a little bit confused. If i going to use this special cable RX, TX (mavlink) i dont need additional PPM or SBUS cable for my pixhawk FC - right?
    but what about the available channels to play with from TBS receiver - the user manual says that the Mavlink will only send channels 1 to 8 to the FC even TBS CROSSFIRE is set to 12 chaneels. - im confused right now - i need more then 8 channles.
    so my question is very simple guys :
    1. how many channels i can get using this TBS CROSSFIRE system connected to my pixhawk FC including two way connection between crossfire and mission planner for telemetry ?
    2. i also find this link https://pixhawk.org/peripherals/telemetry/crossfire - can i use for example this kind of connection and use the pin number 8 from TBS receiver to get SBUS signal with 12 channels ?

Sorry for my poor English and thanks for answers

Navigator
    Use Output 1 as PPM -> Pixhawk and you can use 12 channels.
    Output 7 & 8 as MAVLink

It's a little less elegant but should achieve what you need.

The cable is for PX4 rather than APM. I think it's unlikely you're running PX4 so this cable won't help you.

HTH.

Navigator
    Thank Matt for answer. So can you just tell me which cable i should make - the cable from https://pixhawk.org/peripherals/telemetry/crossfire or cable showed at crossfire user manual
    thank you

Quad newbie
    Hi,

I have a standard 3 wire cable from channel 1 ppm to the pixhawk ppm connection.
    I then have two cores that connect to the signal pin of 7 and 8, they then do to an available telemetry port.

Channels 2 thru 6 on the rx can be mapped to whatever feature you need, gimbal etc.

Steve.
    W7STE

Navigator
    ok i understand but based on the crossfire user manual (page 21) if i going to use pin 7 and 8 for mavlink connection to the pixhavk i will get telemetry and 8 channels feed to the pixhawk. -right?

can ii map channels 2 thru 6 on the RX to 9-12 channel ?

Quad newbie
    What will happen channels 1 thru 8 will be fed down the ppm, but also mapped to 2 thru 6 on the receiver, if you want you can use any channel which is not used for control without remapping or you could if you wish map 9 thru 12 as you have suggested.

Steve.
    W7STE

Navigator
    i still don't understand why you suggesting to use the ppm from channel 1 ? why not use the digital signal from the mavlink connection true pin 7and 8 and then map the receiver channels 1 thru 6 for the additional 4 channels.
    I think mixing a brand new digital system with some kind of old fashion PPM signals is not making any sense for me .

Navigator
    PPM will give you the 12 channel input into the Pixhawk. You'll use Outputs 7&8 for MAVLink.

You have the *OPTION* of using remaining outputs (2 - 6) for PWM to other accessories like a gimbal.

Navigator
    one more question guys. Any idea which bluetooth mode (mavlink emulator, tbs, bridge, mavlink) i should using when TBS is connected to pixhawk and i going to use a mission planner on my PC?

Quote Originally Posted by pfras View Post
    one more question guys. Any idea which bluetooth mode (mavlink emulator, tbs, bridge, mavlink) i should using when TBS is connected to pixhawk and i going to use a mission planner on my PC?
    You can find the answer on page 18 of the TBS Crossfire manual:

http://www.team-blacksheep.com/tbs-crossfire-manual.pdf

In the manual all the different modes are explained easily comprehensible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6812.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	74125

Citing from there:

"MAVLink

This mode is used to pass MAVLink messages back and forth. Use this mode if you have a MAVLink FC connected to the diversity receiver. Please refer here (Mavlink) for further information."

ML★
    | http://vimeo.com/mischalanstern/

TBS Caipirinha 3S /w Pixfalcon | ritewing Z3 | TBS Vendetta | TBS Discovery Pro | Fatshark Dominator v3 | FrSky Taranis Plus /w TBS Crossfire | TBS Groundstation | GoPro 4 black | Editing in FCPX