Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crossfire + Pixhawk

Crossfire + Pixhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Matt- View Post
    PPM will give you the 12 channel input into the Pixhawk. You'll use Outputs 7&8 for MAVLink.

You have the *OPTION* of using remaining outputs (2 - 6) for PWM to other accessories like a gimbal.
    While your answer is perfectly fine it could be misunderstood.

It is possible to add PPM on Ch. 1, but this only makes sense if you need the full 12 channels.

However, if you only need 8 channels for your flight control, then NO PPM signal is needed and NO cable needs to be attached to Ch. 1

My Crossfire Diversity and my Pixfalcon (=identitcal capabilities and setup like Pixhawk) are solely connected via one Cable from the Pixhawk Telemetry port to the Crossfire Channels 7&8.

That is all you need if you want to transmit full MavLink UP & Downlink + 8 RC Channels. Tested this and it works like a charm.

You can find more informations on this setup on page 21 of the TBS Crossfire manual:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6813.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	208.7 KB 
ID:	74126
    http://www.team-blacksheep.com/tbs-crossfire-manual.pdf
    Last edited by flying-monkey; 31st August 2016 at 04:20 AM.

ML★
    | http://vimeo.com/mischalanstern/

TBS Caipirinha 3S /w Pixfalcon | ritewing Z3 | TBS Vendetta | TBS Discovery Pro | Fatshark Dominator v3 | FrSky Taranis Plus /w TBS Crossfire | TBS Groundstation | GoPro 4 black | Editing in FCPX

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by flying-monkey View Post
    Actually your answer is nio quite correct. You CAN add PPM on Ch. 1 but this only makes sense if you need the full 12 channels.

However, if you only need 8 channels for your flight control, then NO PPM signal is needed and NO cable needs to be attached to Ch. 1

My Crossfire Diversity and my Pixfalcon (=identitcal capabilities and setup like Pixhawk) are solely connected via one Cable from the Pixhawk Telemetry port to the Crossfire Channels 7&8.

That is all you need if you want to transmit full MavLink UP & Downlink + 8 RC Channels. Tested this and it works like a charm.

You can find more informations on this setup on page 21 of the TBS Crossfire manual:
    My answer was perfectly correct. The OP specifically stated (s)he wanted more than 8 channels so couldn't use MAVLink.

Crossfire + Pixhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Matt- View Post
    My answer was perfectly correct. The OP specifically stated (s)he wanted more than 8 channels so couldn't use MAVLink.
    You're right, my wording should have been something like "potentially prone to
    misinterpreting" instead of "not quite correct". I apologize.

My answer was formulated as your post could be interpreted that PPM on Ch.1 might be needed no matter what. Actually someone did so, as I got a call from a FPV mate who is currently setting up a new frame on Crossfire+PX4 FC. He only needs 6 channels, however after reading your post he thought "PPM on Ch 1 is needed in all cases" - which I know is neither what you wrote nor what you meant.

Hence my additional post, trying to prevent confusion in other people.

For all outside this discussion a short summary:

If you need 1-8 RC channels then NO additional PPM signal on Ch.1 is needed.

If you need 9-12 RC channels then an additional PPM signal on Ch.1 is needed.
    Last edited by flying-monkey; 31st August 2016 at 05:03 AM.

ML★
    | http://vimeo.com/mischalanstern/

TBS Caipirinha 3S /w Pixfalcon | ritewing Z3 | TBS Vendetta | TBS Discovery Pro | Fatshark Dominator v3 | FrSky Taranis Plus /w TBS Crossfire | TBS Groundstation | GoPro 4 black | Editing in FCPX

Navigator
    I forgot to ask - did you Guys managed in any way to get the telemetry from pixhawk on taranis LCD screen when using crossfire as data radio ?

it is possible ?

I'll try to revive this. Could anyone elaborate or answer my similar question. I have a pixhawk 2.1 and a diversity RX. Ch 7-8 connected via Mavlink and 1 via PPM. Is there a way to output SBUS from the FC or PPM from the FC to control a gimbal that only accepts SBUS or 3 wire PPM to control 6 gimbal channels?

Or is there a way to control the Diversity via ch 8 SBUS to pixhawk RC In and then enable the SBUS out on Pixhawk to control the gimbal?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by air-supply View Post
    I'll try to revive this. Could anyone elaborate or answer my similar question. I have a pixhawk 2.1 and a diversity RX. Ch 7-8 connected via Mavlink and 1 via PPM. Is there a way to output SBUS from the FC or PPM from the FC to control a gimbal that only accepts SBUS or 3 wire PPM to control 6 gimbal channels?

Or is there a way to control the Diversity via ch 8 SBUS to pixhawk RC In and then enable the SBUS out on Pixhawk to control the gimbal?
    I don't have a 2.1, but you should be able to just connect it to the SBUS port on the pixhawk? Usually next to the RCIN (on Pixhawk 1). It should be enable by default.