Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Crossfire + Pixhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Topgun View Post
    ((Whispering)) seeing that this thread isnít blowing up with activity, can I ask a couple questions regarding my osd? I recieved the new one from MRM and I followed the setup instructions they link to. At first I didnít have anything but snow, then I adjusted some of the configís in mission planner and I now have video but not much for osd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As a user i wpuld say yes. But as a moderator i would say that your questiones are best answered in an osd thread. That way if someone else has an issue they may be helped in return by your answer.

Navigator
    Ok, Iíll do that. Can I post a link somehow here? You guys know so much about this and have helped so far, that way if youís are willing, you can help me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Topgun View Post
    Ok, Iíll do that. Can I post a link somehow here? You guys know so much about this and have helped so far, that way if youís are willing, you can help me there.

Sure.

Navigator
    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post39097728
    This is the link to the post I just made.

Thanks all!!

Can someone help me out, i cant get crossfire to work with my pixhawk i followed the steps as per the tbs manual and i am not getting any rc input on mission planner. I am running arduplane v3.8.4 and crossfire v2.24 (Telemetry to my taranis is working when i added new sensors but rc output still not working)
    Here is some picture of my setup.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sr2settingsnew.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	193.6 KB 
ID:	78333 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180404_042606158.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	78334Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180404_042623799.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	139.7 KB 
ID:	78335Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180404_042336029.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	78336Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180404_042351795.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	78337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180404_042411042.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	78338Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rc.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	78339

So what am i doing wrong??
    Last edited by AleksUAV; 4th April 2018 at 06:20 AM.

rx and tx might be reversed?

they are not but to double check i did flip them to see and still nothing but i am receiving data to my radio Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180404_081118369.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	78340
    Last edited by AleksUAV; 4th April 2018 at 08:13 AM.

Navigator
    Go into the settings on the crossfire tx and turn rc over mavlink on.. That has to be your problem if everything else works, or you have a bad connection somehow, did you make your own cables?, the ground wire on the serial port should be connected between pixhawk and the crossfire receiver, try a different telemetry port, broken wire or bad connection between crossfire receiver and the telemetry port, and try a different telemetry port
    Last edited by Mark97564; 10th April 2018 at 06:33 AM.

Navigator
    I ordered a bunch of cables from 3 dr and was able to change connectors on the end and therefor make a custom cable without having to splice wires or crimp anything.. The cable for the old 3dr radios is what you want to get, you can pop the wires out of the 6 pin connector and slide them into servo plugs and you will have the cable you need without having to solder or anything. I will look for a pic to attach just so everyone can see an easy way of making a cable that's 1 piece from the factory

I'm running the full sized Crossfire to two planes (at separate times).

Plane #1 is a XUAV Clouds. The receiver is the TBS Crossfire Diversity receiver.
    Plane #2 is a RMRC Nano Goblin. Appropriately enough, this one has the TBS Crossfire Nano receiver (using the Immortal-T antenna).

Both work pretty well...most of the time. However, that's not good enough for full confidence.

I can't keep the telemetry link up with either plane. Before switching to Crossfire, I was using Mission Planner on a laptop running over the Silk Radios. Rock solid for dozens of flights. Never had them drop out.

With the Crossfire setup, the telemetry link rarely make it more than a few minutes before it drops out. I get a loss of telemetry warning on my Taranis X9D and the link to the laptop is lost. Plus, it does not reconnect on its own. I can reconnect manually most of the time, but it takes quite a while to do so (about a minute or two to download all the parms) and it's a royal PITA to be looking at the laptop, trying to re-establish the link while also flying a plane. I've also tried the Tower app on an android phone and get similar results. These drops are not due to Bluetooth problems, they occur because the link between TX and RX is momentarily interrupted. Immediately before the event (.1 second) and immediately after the event (.1 second), the link quality is great (often at 100%) and the SNR is excellent.

Even worse, the dropouts often impact the RC link as well.

Thus for a 30 minute local flight (never more than 1KM away and always with enough altitude to maintain LOS), I can typically expect to loose telemetry 3-4 times and will usually get a few short failsafe events. Most of the time a second w/o control is not a major issue, but someday I fear, it's going to catch me too close to the ground.

TBS was kind enough to replace my diversity receiver. The first flight seems to indicate that the new receiver could be better. There were no telemetry drops. However, there were still a couple of RC control drops, albeit very brief (a couple occurrences of 1 or 2 tenths of a second). And it seems odd that I would have the same problem with two totally different receivers (including different designs, etc.).

Does anyone succeed in keeping Mavlink connections up for entire flights?