VideoAerialSystems

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Wraith Micro 27.5" Build & Info

Quote Originally Posted by scotth72 View Post
    Don't turn your rates down in the radio, set them up mechanically. Closest to center on servo, all the way out on control horn. More resolution and power.
    Ahh ok i will try that then, thanx!

Have flown it 2 times now, first time i chrashed hard after 30sek (as i said before) but that was totally my fault i noticed, had put just 5v to vtx and it should be 7v+. Fixed that, glued the broken wing and the one of two things that holds the back part and made the plane straight again, even laminated some more on it for additional support.
    Today it was the second time, first lipo was horrible because it was flying like crap because i hadn't tuned it yet but it flew so i was happy. Second lipo something strange happen to the camera so landed and tuned it some more and checked the camera. Everything was good so i launched it again and i messed up and didn't get airborne for more than a second or two then put it down gently in the tall grass. Went over to it and the motorplate was ripped of, wtf!?
    I have THE worst luck with this plane (i am not not NOT!!! complaining on the plane just my luck). So now i must wait for new glue because i used it all up (sooo glad it shipped with two glue tho) and try to figure out how to strengthen the back because i don't want to buy a new one after 2 lipos only.

Navigator
    Debating whether to embed a runcam-split or not. More worried about protecting the board. Does anyone fly with a Runcam2 (or similar) mounted near the front? Can you balance it? Planning to use 1000mAh 4S lipos.

Quote Originally Posted by Implicit View Post
    Debating whether to embed a runcam-split or not. More worried about protecting the board. Does anyone fly with a Runcam2 (or similar) mounted near the front? Can you balance it? Planning to use 1000mAh 4S lipos.
    If u check "Turtle brown" on Youtube he has some flying videos with a GoPro or Runcam on it (he gave me some advise on it before and said GoPro then so im guessing that). He has placed it a little bit back and he flies like crazy so i think it will work. Good luck and tell us what u did and if it worked good!

Navigator
    Yeah, love Turtle Browns videos, but I would prefer not having the fuselage in view. I guess a Runcam Split is the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by mrZeke View Post
    Went over to it and the motorplate was ripped of, wtf!?
    So now i must wait for new glue because i used it all up (sooo glad it shipped with two glue tho) and try to figure out how to strengthen the back because i don't want to buy a new one after 2 lipos only.
    I put a piece of extreme tape over mine, then laminated over that. I crashed the life out of my first Wraith, broke everything except the motor mount. I assume yours was glued to the foam, not the lam?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motor mount1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	307.0 KB 
ID:	77218

Quote Originally Posted by justin.mader View Post
    I put a piece of extreme tape over mine, then laminated over that. I crashed the life out of my first Wraith, broke everything except the motor mount. I assume yours was glued to the foam, not the lam?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motor mount1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	307.0 KB 
ID:	77218
    Ahh ok smart, i'm really new to this plane thing, used to quad and carbon fiber so it's a little bit different :P But really smart tips i will do that now, and yes glued to the foam so the foam did break it was not the plate that came loose.

Navigator
    Thanks everybody for chiming in on this thread, I'm learning quite a bit.

Have mine built and painted. "On hand" electronics package is:
    -Graupner 6ch Rx with Graupner mz 24 Tx
    -T Motor 2404 (or 6 or 8...i forget) 2300kV
    -assortment of 2 & 3 blade 5x3 props (QAV250 leftovers)
    -assortment of 20 ~30amp ESC's
    -EZ Osd + current sensor
    -Sony (?) 600tvl cam with SD slot for FPV+Recording
    -Immersion 250 mW 5.8gH + a few antennas
    -a couple 4s 1000mAH in the Amazon or GetFPV cart

Are there any good links for me to get all this stuff mounted in good places?
    Any good links on laminating? Fuselages specifically? I bought the fancy iron and am not to intimated with getting the wings fairly respectable but the fuselage and nassells scare me a little. (You should see Christmas at the Scotty Ranch...LOL! )

Once again, thanks again for everyones input.

Navigator

-EZ Osd + current sensor

Any good links on laminating? Fuselages specifically? I bought the fancy iron and am not to intimated with getting the wings fairly respectable but the fuselage and nassells scare me a little. (You should see Christmas at the Scotty Ranch...LOL! )

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Evil View Post

-EZ Osd + current sensor

Cheak out Stone Blue's video on laminating ( ) why it isn't a wraith, it is EPP. I fully assembled the frame before laminating which was probably a mistake. It made for spots like the booms and fuselage a real pain, but I wouldn't be too worried about it. (it was my first time and I had no major issues or wrinkles) I also doubled up the leading edge (6mil) and had both 3mil and 5mil on the bottom (8mil). should help with landing on harder surfaces.