VideoAerialSystems

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Wraith Micro 27.5" Build & Info

Successful maiden. Really happy with how it flies. Surprisingly stable at really low speeds. With the 6S setup I can fly a gentle 10 min flight drawing 3A or haul ass for 3 mins at 18A. Need to start experimenting with shorter and pitchier props next.

T Motor F80 2200kv
    KK 6x4 and HQ 6x45 props
    LittleBee_S 30A with added heat sink
    TBS Core
    IRC 600mw 5.8 (soon to be 800mw 1.3 with new tiny TrueRC circular)
    HS1177 with 2.1mm lens
    EZUHF 4ch lite rx with VAS coiled dipole
    Tattu 6S 1000mAh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wraithtop.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	327.0 KB 
ID:	76430

Name:	wraithbottom.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	76431

Navigator
    Is there a pdf template file available for the winglets?

The weather has been so crappy here lately, been tough to get good footage. Here are some clips from my first few days with the Wraith. Absolutely loving this plane.

https://youtu.be/oOVDJN334zc

Scared myself on the first pass.

https://youtu.be/zn2CEvhm2h0

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fromtheground.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	219.9 KB 
ID:	76592  
    Last edited by justin.mader; 7th April 2017 at 12:30 AM.

Build photos and a question

Hey guys,

Second flight last weekend. LOVE this little bird. I attach a bunch of photos from the build - as you can see I've embedded all the electronics nicely in the foam. Took much longer but worth it!

Two observations:
    1) Set your D/R and Expo! Almost crashed on maiden due to how sensitive it was
    2) I was really worried about hand launching. I never launch in a way that would put my hand close to the prop so I always planned launching by holding the end of the wing. Unlike the Caipirinha this baby launches really really easily - each and every time.

Now, onto the question...

I've now seen that half the times when I apply full throttle I lose video. More specifically, the Runcam2 shuts down and doesn't restart until I'm back on the ground and can press the button. Its not that the video cuts off temporarily or that the VTx stops transimitting... I find the runcam in standby mode. I've also established that this only happens when I apply full throttle.

I've also attached a wiring diagram. My suspicion is some kind of ground loop but would love some input... As you can see the Runcam takes power directly from the battery but also has its ground connected to the VTx and eOSD (the USB plug of the runcam has two ground wires which end up on the same solder point). Could this setup be causing the issue?

All input most welcome!
    Thanks

Name:	fullbody.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	76628

Name:	IMG_3619.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	213.8 KB 
ID:	76629

Name:	wiring.png 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	76630

Now that I've flown (and crashed) a bunch, will definitely embed electronics on the next one.

Yeah, looks like a ground loop. I would try removing the ground from Runcam and OSD to Tx. I had a similar setup on a quad and I'm pretty sure that's how I had it wired.

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoCrash View Post
    Hey guys,

Second flight last weekend. LOVE this little bird. I attach a bunch of photos from the build - as you can see I've embedded all the electronics nicely in the foam. Took much longer but worth it!

Two observations:
    1) Set your D/R and Expo! Almost crashed on maiden due to how sensitive it was
    2) I was really worried about hand launching. I never launch in a way that would put my hand close to the prop so I always planned launching by holding the end of the wing. Unlike the Caipirinha this baby launches really really easily - each and every time.

Now, onto the question...

I've now seen that half the times when I apply full throttle I lose video. More specifically, the Runcam2 shuts down and doesn't restart until I'm back on the ground and can press the button. Its not that the video cuts off temporarily or that the VTx stops transimitting... I find the runcam in standby mode. I've also established that this only happens when I apply full throttle.

I've also attached a wiring diagram. My suspicion is some kind of ground loop but would love some input... As you can see the Runcam takes power directly from the battery but also has its ground connected to the VTx and eOSD (the USB plug of the runcam has two ground wires which end up on the same solder point). Could this setup be causing the issue?

All input most welcome!
    Thanks

Name:	fullbody.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	76628

Name:	IMG_3619.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	213.8 KB 
ID:	76629

Name:	wiring.png 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	76630
    Last edited by justin.mader; 11th April 2017 at 06:09 PM. Reason: info

Thanks Justin,

OK, removed the ground between Tx and Runcam and between the OSD and the Runcam and no luck.

BUT, I've just identified a strange pattern. When I first turn the system on the issue does not happen. If I turn it on, wait for a few minutes (of innactivity) and then give full throttle it will happen immediately. This made me think of overheating so I removed the components from the foam, added a bunch of fans for cooling and tried again - exactly same behaviour!
    Last edited by ProtoCrash; 14th April 2017 at 06:16 AM.

Personally I always put regulation and filtering between my FPV gear and everything else. Maybe try something like this?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiring2.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	76657

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoCrash View Post
    Thanks Justin,

OK, removed the ground between Tx and Runcam and between the OSD and the Runcam and no luck.

BUT, I've just identified a strange pattern. When I first turn the system on the issue does not happen. If I turn it on, wait for a few minutes (of innactivity) and then give full throttle it will happen immediately. This made me think of overheating so I removed the components from the foam, added a bunch of fans for cooling and tried again - exactly same behaviour!

Quote Originally Posted by justin.mader View Post
    Personally I always put regulation and filtering between my FPV gear and everything else. Maybe try something like this?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiring2.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	76657
    Hey Justin, thanks! Yes, I too always make sure I feed my FPV gear with clean power. This time though because its a mini build I was very weight conscious so I thought I'd try without and see if in causes any issues. Because the ESC is an opto I didn't get any direct interference from the ESC so I went ahead... I'll try an LC and see!

Navigator
    Having some fun with my Wraith.