VideoAerialSystems

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Wraith Micro 27.5" Build & Info

Just curious, what is everyone using for distance between the booms, 7" or 8"? And vertical stabs inside the booms or outside? I have seen it both ways and curious if there is an advantage either way? Getting started with my build now and can't wait to get it in the air!

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTap View Post
    Just curious, what is everyone using for distance between the booms, 7" or 8"? And vertical stabs inside the booms or outside? I have seen it both ways and curious if there is an advantage either way? Getting started with my build now and can't wait to get it in the air!
    Usually it is best to make sure your booms are going to be clear of your prop by at least 1/2". The reason for this is that in the even of a crash, the booms will flex and hit the prop if too close. If you do not expect to ever crash, this is not an issue... but you likely bought the wrong plane. The Wraith begs to be flown aggressively and crashes will happen.

For reference, my fins are inside and my boom spacing is 7.5" with a 6" prop.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    Usually it is best to make sure your booms are going to be clear of your prop by at least 1/2". The reason for this is that in the even of a crash, the booms will flex and hit the prop if too close. If you do not expect to ever crash, this is not an issue... but you likely bought the wrong plane. The Wraith begs to be flown aggressively and crashes will happen.

For reference, my fins are inside and my boom spacing is 7.5" with a 6" prop.

-Alex
    Thanks Alex,
    that was where I was thinking. 8" just looked too wide and 7" was iffy. Can't wait to bash!

Finally got this guy flying right! I think my horizontal stab may be slightly angled downward. Torque is definitely at play too because I switched to a pusher prop and now it rolls pretty aggressively to the right! In any case, all successful launches this weekend! BTW - flew the old specter too. That thing could not be easier to launch! Still a lot of fun too. After flying both I am thinking the banshee might be the perfect size! This video is cut from both the specter and wraith with a couple quads following. (Wraith has the orange prop). Thanks to my flying buddy Jey_fpv for editing! Hope you enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/OteWAq65T3k
    KK4HDH

Quote Originally Posted by JBeloncik View Post
    Finally got this guy flying right! I think my horizontal stab may be slightly angled downward. Torque is definitely at play too because I switched to a pusher prop and now it rolls pretty aggressively to the right! In any case, all successful launches this weekend! BTW - flew the old specter too. That thing could not be easier to launch! Still a lot of fun too. After flying both I am thinking the banshee might be the perfect size! This video is cut from both the specter and wraith with a couple quads following. (Wraith has the orange prop). Thanks to my flying buddy Jey_fpv for editing! Hope you enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/OteWAq65T3k

looks like its flying great and a cool video too! I hope soon I can get a a place that has some trees or something to fly around