Page 131 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1374

Thread: Mini Drak

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Yeah, check that out - you're probably going to have the mount in the FOV of both cameras as it is now. From other pics of that mount, they should probably be able to go a little deeper in / have the lenses stick out more.

Yes if you go to my thingiverse page you'll see how the camera lenses actually stick out a little bit beyond the recessed rings. Yours are well short. The cameras fit tight but should press in all the way. If they don't you may have to file whatever is interfering with the cameras on the inside of the front cover. This shouldn't be the case as I have the exact same cameras and I printed your covers. So the fit should be perfect....

Quote Originally Posted by billyd View Post
    Yes if you go to my thingiverse page you'll see how the camera lenses actually stick out a little bit beyond the recessed rings. Yours are well short. The cameras fit tight but should press in all the way. If they don't you may have to file whatever is interfering with the cameras on the inside of the front cover. This shouldn't be the case as I have the exact same cameras and I printed your covers. So the fit should be perfect....
    Yeah man, I've seen it (you did a great job with the mount). Those aren't my pics - they're nd3's. But yes, I agree - need to push harder when inserting the cameras. I know just from cutting into the foam and placing a camera that the edges are going to be in the view. Especially with the GoPro 2 lens on the flight cam.

Scott

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by billyd View Post
    Looks good nd3. I am wondering why your cameras look recessed so much?? Are they pushed into the mount all the way?

Oh, sorry gents.. Just saw this.. Yes, during the maiden flight, the flight cam recessed a bit farther back in the housing and I got some fisheye on the outside. Need to seat it correctly and it should be good to go. I didn't test any HD recordin.. shame on me! Not going to be able to test it this weekend with Irma dumping on us..

I set my runcam hd to medium fov to cut out the edges of the fuse on my mini d.

Instructor Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Wow, that's fantastic! Let me know the $ and your PayPal address in pm and I'll shoot it over. Thanks brother!

Scott
    Hoss, you inspired me. Hoping this will be a bit more streamlined. Nose was pretty beat up anyway so a nose job was in order.

youtube.com/user/Appelm1
    NEFPV.com

Navigator
    This is a versatile aircraft. Since I put the SS motor and 4s gear in the HC44, I decided to go with a lightweight build when I resurrected the MD. Cobra 2213 2000kv motor. APC 7x5 prop. 2x 3s 2200 in parallel. Naze32 running patrickE's firmware.
    AUW is 1200g now. Just maidened it in 20+mph gusts and flew perfectly. 50mph downwind. So probably 80mph with no wind. 15 minutes plus flight time mixed flying.
    Even in the wind, it really didn't get bumped around at the lower weight.
    Stoked that it flies so well on such inexpensive parts.

Quote Originally Posted by appelm View Post
    Hoss, you inspired me. Hoping this will be a bit more streamlined. Nose was pretty beat up anyway so a nose job was in order.

Nice man. I need to get a bit crafty on mine. My cut into the foam seats the runcam much lower and really buries it in. I need to get the dremel on the printed piece and bring it down a bit inside. I just need to get building period... I have more planes that are unbuilt than I do built. It's sad.

Scott

Navigator
    DVR foottage

Last edited by DoctorAudio; 24th September 2017 at 11:56 AM.

Navigator
    DVR foottage

In those two videos.
    I used I-nav 1.7.3
    I am running an Omnibus F3 Pro v2 Flight controller.
    With a M8 GPS.
    I get 17 - 20 sats within 30 secs of being on.

I am one of those guys that decided to go with a RTH system.
    After many years of flying out to what ever is the max range of my video system only.
    Using LRS was only us because it allowed me to fly low to the ground a 1/2 mile out behind trees and other objects.

I hated letting go of the sticks.
    I had to trust the equipment!
    It was horrible.
    My stomach turns every time I flipped the switch!
    I have never lost an FPV plane.
    I make lots of test flight to confirm all is working well and safe to fly anywhere.

I have 10 flights under I-Nav. I have 64 flights in the Mini drak.
    I know it, well!
    I also can vouch for it taking a beating and then flying again and again.
    I want the bigger one.
    But, I would love a Z3 more!

The first flight of the day, was the one I tested the RTH switching it on and off several times.
    I watched the plane turn and then climb to 500 feet.
    The second flight went much better smooth flying! Even as I pushed the to 3/4 full throttle.
    The third flight I made some more changes and they felt the best and I really like how the ship flies now.
    Last edited by DoctorAudio; 27th September 2017 at 12:24 AM.

Page 131 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast