Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 LastLast

Thread: TBS Software Releases

Navigator

Sticks not always centering. Gimbal or Firmware issue?

Is this a software problem or a hardware problem with the Tango?

I find that if I give the stick roll input (right stick left or right) then let it center, It often settles on 1480-90, or 1510 - 20. Mid stick should be 1500. If I knock the gimbal back and forth, it sometimes centers at 1500, but just as often, it's off center. I've had to put an RC deadband of 20 to counter this, because I'll be flying my quad and stop a rotation, but then it wants to keep rotating even tho I'm at center stick. It just seems like excessive deadband. Is this a known gimbal issue, or is it a firmware issue? If it's a gimbal issue, is it possible to upgrade or replace the Tango gimbals?

And before you ask - yes, I've calibrated many times.

Quote Originally Posted by jifka View Post
    Is this a software problem or a hardware problem with the Tango?

I find that if I give the stick roll input (right stick left or right) then let it center, It often settles on 1480-90, or 1510 - 20. Mid stick should be 1500. If I knock the gimbal back and forth, it sometimes centers at 1500, but just as often, it's off center. I've had to put an RC deadband of 20 to counter this, because I'll be flying my quad and stop a rotation, but then it wants to keep rotating even tho I'm at center stick. It just seems like excessive deadband. Is this a known gimbal issue, or is it a firmware issue? If it's a gimbal issue, is it possible to upgrade or replace the Tango gimbals?

And before you ask - yes, I've calibrated many times.
    sounds like a plastics tolerance problem. If there is a little play in the connection between sticks and potentiometer, then the center values can be off. Easiest fix is to open up the tango and add a tiny drop of epoxy glue (or something thick, don't use CA!) between the rotating part and the potentiometer to the side of the stick gimbal assembly. this should get rid of the play. You will need to re-calibrate!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    sounds like a plastics tolerance problem. If there is a little play in the connection between sticks and potentiometer, then the center values can be off. Easiest fix is to open up the tango and add a tiny drop of epoxy glue (or something thick, don't use CA!) between the rotating part and the potentiometer to the side of the stick gimbal assembly. this should get rid of the play. You will need to re-calibrate!
    Thanks - I did try the glue trick, and it seems to have improved things quite a bit, but I'm not crazy about that solution. Luckily, the awesome TBS support responded by sending me a replacement gimbal assembly as a backup.

I know a lot of people are fanatics about the Taranis, but I love my Tango. It's so nice to be able to do some tuning via the OSD without putting on goggles. I also use the screen for flying mi micro brushless indoors. Aside from this gimbal issue, I've been thrilled with it.

Lack of Telemetry in 1.6x?

@ Perna:
    The past few days I was about to prepare my TBS fleet for Summer including all the Software Updates that may have happened so, professionally as I am, I did all in one go instead of just testing one by one so when I finished updating everything like the CUAV Pixhack ( APM 3.4.X ), the FrSky Horus X12S ( OpenTX N2.7.1 ) and the TBS Crossfire ( CRSF 1.62 ) I ended up, again, with just the bare minimum of 9 Telemetrie entries being displayed on the Horus instead of 18.

Figuring out where the culprit was took quite a while but apparently the cause of it was the Crossfire upgrade from 1.53 to 1.62 - After a quick dabble into 1.63 and the Telemetry Lost/Telemetry Recovered loop thing I went back to the latest build that wasn't any of the 1.6x and it worked again. Is this lack of Telemetry working as intended on the 1.6x Beta builds?

Navigator
    Tang Dials not working with SBUS

Sorry for cross-posting and re-posting this, but I've been waiting a long time and haven't gotten any satisfactory responses regarding the issue...
    I'd like to use the spring-loaded dials on the Tango, but they don't seem to be communicating when I'm using D8 or D16 (SBUS) with an XJT module. However, they DO send data when using PPM, which is not an acceptable solution. Going to PPM is a downgrade in performance and resolution.

Here's my setup:
    * Tango v1.16
    * XJT module
    * FrSky X4R-SB Rx
    * Betaflight 3.1.7

D8 and D16 support 8 and 16 channels respectively. All other switches function properly, but the dials are just dead.

If I can't get some instructions on how to resolve this, I'd at least love to get some confirmation from TBS that this is either a) broken, b) not supported, or c) coming up in a firmware release.
    Last edited by jifka; 7th June 2017 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Added title

Navigator
    Where do I find the change log or release notes for the TBS Crossfire firmware "XF TX BETA v1.65"?

Quote Originally Posted by jifka View Post
    D8 and D16 support 8 and 16 channels respectively. All other switches function properly, but the dials are just dead.

If I can't get some instructions on how to resolve this, I'd at least love to get some confirmation from TBS that this is either a) broken, b) not supported, or c) coming up in a firmware release.
    Hi, I have the same problem with Tango, XJT and X4R-SB. But you should be able to get the dials working by selecting the NAZA flight controller in Tango menu. When I select NAZA, dials are working and two left switches are not. When I select Betaflight, all switches are working and dials are not. I guess you can tune it as you wish using mixer. But the problem is, of all 10 channels only 8 are working in BF. I can't get any info how to support all 10 channels.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.noise View Post
    Hi, I have the same problem with Tango, XJT and X4R-SB. But you should be able to get the dials working by selecting the NAZA flight controller in Tango menu. When I select NAZA, dials are working and two left switches are not. When I select Betaflight, all switches are working and dials are not. I guess you can tune it as you wish using mixer. But the problem is, of all 10 channels only 8 are working in BF. I can't get any info how to support all 10 channels.
    I have checked Tango with Crossfire module and all 10 channels are working in BF. So it is something with the XJT module. For better testing, I'll need a different RC remote like Taranis to use with the same XJT module.
    Last edited by dr.noise; 27th June 2017 at 09:26 AM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.noise View Post
    I have checked Tango with Crossfire module and all 10 channels are working in BF. So it is something with the XJT module. For better testing, I'll need a different RC remote like Taranis to use with the same XJT module.
    Right, I suspect it has something to do with TBS's support for the XJT module on SBUS since using PPM lets you access all of the channels. I just don't want to fly using PPM.

Quote Originally Posted by helio View Post
    Where do I find the change log or release notes for the TBS Crossfire firmware "XF TX BETA v1.65"?
    It is in Agent in the beta listing, click on "Release Notes" and scroll to the bottom of the page.

------------------------
    Beta Release Notes
    ------------------------

Please send feedback to teamblacksheep.beta@gmail.com or post here:
    http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....tware-Releases

V1.65 2017-05-30
    - improved: CRSF support ( KISS FC telemetry and settings )
    - fixes: some CRSF telemetry frames

V1.63 2017-02-15
    - added: CRSF parameters support
    - fixed: Increases CRSF channel range

V1.62 2017-01-06
    - added: Crossfire TX non-inverted CRSF support for Graupner remotes (MZ-12 - MZ-24)
    - added: CRSF support for all receivers. Crossfire micro V2 and diversity support also CRSF telemetry.
    The receiver can be connected to betaflight sending RC and receiving telemetry using
    CRSF (betaflight 3.1.0 or higher required). Telemetry can be streamed to any OpenTX Remote.
    - improved: MAVLink library updated
    - imporved: OLED Menu text for better understanding
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."