Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS Software Releases

Quote Originally Posted by Mark97564 View Post
    If I connect the crossfire rx go pixhawk like in the diagram how do I set the channels on the xfire rx? And do I need to connect ch 1 of the the xfire to pixhawks rc input still? I would like to have control witj my sticks as well as mission planner
    select MAVLink for output 8 then go one page back and enable RC over MAVLink. Then you don't need to feed PPM anymore

Navigator
    And rssi from the xfire rx will feed into pixhawk also? I'm also trying to figure out how to update the firmware on the xfire micro rx? Anyone know? Please tell me..

Thanks

Mark

And rssi from the xfire rx will feed into pixhawk also? I'm also trying to figure out how to update the firmware on the xfire micro rx? Anyone know? Please tell me..

Thanks

Mark
    hey mark, please let me know how you make out with the update and the xfire locking up issue. it's -25c up in Canada this week and I wont have a chance to check it out. thanx dude
    flyin HIGH

Thanks

Mark
    Please read the manual about the OTA update for micro receiver.
    It's basically just a bind procedure.
    Yes RSSI is sent to FC and GCS.

Bridge and mavlink only work for deversity receivers as the micro doesn't have enough IOs

Quote Originally Posted by Perna View Post
    TBS CROSSFIRE V1.14

- added: New high bandwidth and ultra low latency RF profile
    - added: 3 times faster RC update rate with new RF profile ( cuts down latency to 5ms best / 12ms worst )
    - added: New selection for Output 8 ( Bridge and MAVLInk )
    - added: Serial bridge support added. 1.2kB/s throughput with baudrate 57600. Output 8 ( uart TX ), Output 7 ( uart RX ) and Output 6 ( uart RTS flow control )
    - added: MAVLink support added. Baudrate 57600. Output 8 ( TX ) and Output 7 ( RX ) Can be connected to any MAVLink telemetry port, gives full MAVLink support in new RF profile and basic support in current RF profile
    - added: MAVLink parser added, feeding forward relevant data to the TBS CORE PRO ( requires TBS CORE PRO firmware V1.38 or newer )
    - added: MAVLink dynamic bandwidth control for incoming messages. This gives high update rate for forwarded messages to BST and make the frames fit the downlink avoiding buffer overflow and high latency
    - added: RC over MAVLink support added ( RC_CHANNELS_OVERRIDE ). Can be enabled on RX settings.

- modified: Intelligent RF profile selection ( new and current RF profile ) optimizing for maximum bandwidth or long range
    - fixed: Headtracker input support. Two channels ( pan and tilt ) can be mapped individually from any HT Input channel to and overwrite a channel on the RC input frame
    - added: Crossfire is a RC frame source via BST. Navigate through TBS CORE PRO menu with remote sticks, without ColibriRACE ( TBS CORE PRO firmware V1.38 or newer )
    - added: Bluetooth mode selection added ( off, MAVLink emulator, Bridge and MAVLink ). If Bluetooth module is not disabled it will change mode depending on the receiving frames from the receiver
    - added: Crossfire 8ch Diversity receiver can now update TBS BLACKBOX and XF micro receiver over USB and BST
    - added: Menu option do disable telemetry downlink( under RX settings )

- improved: CRC protection improved to make the system even more resistant against picking up invalid frames
    - improved: Dynamic power mode hysterisis tuned. 2s delay added for reducing power level. Increase power level only on burst frame loss not on single frame lost
    - improved: RX automatically binds to the transmitter after successful firmware update over the air if it wasn't bound before.

For those wo want to use the TBS CROSSFIRE as telemetry radio here is a sample cable to interface a PIXHAWK FC.
    Attachment 70389
    If you use TBS BLACKBOX and TBS Crossfire, please only connect the TBS CROSSFIRE to the FC. It will forward all required data to the TBS BLACKBOX. An instruction on how to set up your FC is written inside the TBS BLACKBOX manual on page 4 and following. It's the same setup no matter if you have it connected to the TBS CROSSFIRE or TBS BLACKBOX.
    http://www.team-blacksheep.com/tbs-blackbox-manual.pdf

I will send my next few days on writing down documentation to make it more easy how everything needs to be connected together.
    A BST Connection between the Crossfire and the Blackbox, like how it's being described on Page 14 of the TBS Crossfire Manual, and a custom Wire Harness between the Blackbox and the Pixhack, like how it's being described on Page 4 of the TBS Blackbox Manual, is not enough to get Mavlink Data moving between them?
    We HAVE to make this Servo Wire Harness in order to establish a DIRECT Connection between the Pixhack and the Crossfire?

Where's the use for the Blackbox that was once communicated as a necessity if it's not sitting BETWEEN the Pixhack and the Crossfire but at the END of it?
    All it now does is recording which is already happening on either the Pixhack or, with Telemetry being sent Home, on the Ground Station.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding something so please correct me if I'm wrong :

Navigator
    So how do I update the micro rx if I don't have the black box?

Navigator
    If you and manage to go back 2 posts it's there

OTA means Over the AIR, from the X-fire TX

Navigator
    Perna, do direct download links exist for software ?

The Micro RX is updated via the Crossfire TX. I did this myself earlier this week.

Looking at TBS Agent and it still shows the latest PNP PRO v1.32 as the latest firmware. How do I update?