Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast

Thread: TBS Software Releases

Battery remaining % disappears on Atom v2 v1.70 BETA OSD Firmware

Howdy folks,

I have an Atom v2 and have recently updated the OSD in the TBS Core Pro v2 in the Atom to the latest BETA release 1.70. The responsiveness in the menus feels great. However, I ran into one issue that drove me back to OSD v1.67 - the battery % meter at the top of the OSD is present when the batt is at 100% but then disappears after it drops below 100%. I know one of the release notes was improved battery gauge for race screen, wasn't sure if this was an unintended side-effect.

I've managed to get the battery % to re-appear but only after being disarmed for a short period of time or unplug/replugging the power. Is this intended behavior? I do still get my OSD warning when batt % hits my warning level but the lack of constant display is throwing me off.

Also, I might be crazy but I don't seem to ever get a flight summary screen on my Atom v2 after disarming.

Cheers!

I can't get the first 4 channels to move to their full extent in the betaflight configurator (limits are set to max value). They will swing between 1019 and 1850. Is this a software or hardware issue? I'm running the latest beta version and my hardware is v1.09d. Also the jitter is quite bad, as much as 10 points on some channels. Is this down to software or a dirty power supply? If this is down to the power supply, do you recomend a capacitor to be soldered across the potometers and if so what value?

have you done th factory reset and the calibration after that?
    is your fc typ set to betaflight?

Quote Originally Posted by cracymarc View Post
    have you done th factory reset and the calibration after that?
    is your fc typ set to betaflight?
    Flashed latest version and calibrated. I didn't do a factory reset though. FC is set to betaflight. Will repeat with factory reset when I get home later.

Quote Originally Posted by slymike View Post
    Flashed latest version and calibrated. I didn't do a factory reset though. FC is set to betaflight. Will repeat with factory reset when I get home later.
    I did a factory reset and the results were the same.
    Also, I have to move the mid point back a little to around -5 which in turn reduces the max position by 5 points. (-100 1000 / +95 1970) If I open up the mixer menu and select any channel, the on screen value will be around 18 points lower than in the betaflight configurator. This is an argument in favour of extended limits (-125 / +125) which is pretty much standard in any cheap chinese transmitter.

As for the jitter, I still think its quite bad, I've used the same Frsky XJT module on my Old 9x with better results than this transmitter.
    I'm pretty sure this is down to software as the DSC port output doesn't work with my sim box either due to erratic behaviour. I did post about this a few pages back but didn't get any response.
    Last edited by slymike; 24th January 2017 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slymike View Post
    I did a factory reset and the results were the same.
    Also, I have to move the mid point back a little to around -5 which in turn reduces the max position by 5 points. (-100 1000 / +95 1970) If I open up the mixer menu and select any channel, the on screen value will be around 18 points lower than in the betaflight configurator. This is an argument in favour of extended limits (-125 / +125) which is pretty much standard in any cheap chinese transmitter.
    have you tried it with pwm inputs?
    or with a different fc preset? (kiss/ pix...)

As for the jitter, I still think its quite bad, I've used the same Frsky XJT module on my Old 9x with better results than this transmitter.
    I'm pretty sure this is down to software as the DSC port output doesn't work with my sim box either due to erratic behaviour. I did post about this a few pages back but didn't get any response.
    i also have a bit of jitter but only with the xjt modul. when i switch to the crossfire its almost gone.
    many people have shilded there xjt modul with copper tape to reduce the problems - it feels like there ist no filtering inside the modul...

have you tried it with pwm inputs?
    I have tried the d8 mode and generic 8ch mode, for comparisons sake I will try my tx module in another controller tonight so as to feed it with a PPM signal generated by a different source. I may also try a different RX module and flight controller with the tango also.

or with a different fc preset? (kiss/ pix...)
    No, I made the assumption that the profile created for cleanflight / betaflight was actually crafted for using with a betaflight FC.

many people have shilded there xjt modul with copper tape to reduce the problems - it feels like there ist no filtering inside the modul...
    I sprayed it with 5 coats of silver/copper EMC shielding compound.
    Last edited by slymike; 25th January 2017 at 04:16 AM.

I have just tried another receiver / FC combo and the results are a little better, I get a range of 1005 to 2003, still the same amount of jitter. I suppose this shows that not all receivers are made equally and different chip sets and software will make a difference. I am still gonna wait impatiently for a decent firmware upgrade with extended limits; its the only way to guarantee proper compattability between different hardware platforms and I doubt we're ever going to see 'per channel scaling' in the cf / bf configurators as this is normally done on the TX. Still pissed that the DSM port is useless for my sim box, luckily for me, I have more than one TX.

Out of curiosity; does anyone know why the DSM port has a 4 pin 3.5mm socket when we only need 2 pins for the PPM signal?
    And if TBS is listening; why is the PPM pulse on the DSM port inverted in relation to pin 1 on the JR connector?

Navigator
    any workarounds other than bootcamp to update a tango on Mac?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Drope View Post
    any workarounds other than bootcamp to update a tango on Mac?
    I haven't found any other way. Well, actually I use Parallels with a Windows 10 install, but it's the same deal - you need Windows.