FPVLAB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Argtek 2.4GHz booster thread

CrashAffinity (youtube) CrashAffinity's Avatar
    i believe i have the same one installed on my DX8 currently, just make sure you attenuate the signal from the tx to the booster and you shouldn't have any reliability issues. I've run mine for 18 months so far with 0 problems. I've got a 6dB attenuator on mine, but after looking at the specs a 10dB attenuator would actually be better

Quote Originally Posted by polix View Post
    i believe i have the same one installed on my DX8 currently, just make sure you attenuate the signal from the tx to the booster and you shouldn't have any reliability issues. I've run mine for 18 months so far with 0 problems. I've got a 6dB attenuator on mine, but after looking at the specs a 10dB attenuator would actually be better
    Hi polix

I use it with the FRSKY module that outputs 60mW ... So what is the optimal value for the attenuator in my case ??

Thank a lot

Khaled

you'll likely be just fine with a 6dB attenuator, my DX8 output is 100mW, and i should be using a 10dB (ideally). Each of those boosters has a max input + an optimal input, a 6dB attenuator on your tx should put it in the optimal input

I have only used it once and for no more than 15 mins ... without an attenuator ... do you think that can damage it ??

Thanks

Khaled

I am also using a FrSky 2.4module on my Futaba 9c radio, so 60mw output. If I wanted to get 6DB attenuation but didn't want to use an attenuator, could I get the same result with a length of coax wire? If so, how much wire would I need? (Thinking about strapping my cloverleaf to the built-in 72 mhz antenna as a mast)

no, you should be just fine, i just wouldn't continue using it without one. Here's some links to find them if you don't know where to get them

This is the general model of attenuator (mine is the 6dB version)

http://www.e-meca.com/rf-attenuator/...D=16&SpecsID=1

This is the exact one i got (though not necessarily where it came from)

6dB -> http://www.talleycom.com/store/product/MCA662-06-1.html

if you look below under 'similar products' you'll find other versions as well

Quote Originally Posted by Wearyman View Post
    I am also using a FrSky 2.4module on my Futaba 9c radio, so 60mw output. If I wanted to get 6DB attenuation but didn't want to use an attenuator, could I get the same result with a length of coax wire? If so, how much wire would I need? (Thinking about strapping my cloverleaf to the built-in 72 mhz antenna as a mast)
    depending on the brand of cable you get, they will give you a rating on the SMA cable you're using for signal attenuation per foot or per metre. You can then figure out how much attenuation your cable is giving you. Keep in mind attenuation is different for each frequency, so look specifically for their 2.4ghz attenuation rating per foot/metre

Quote Originally Posted by polix View Post
    depending on the brand of cable you get, they will give you a rating on the SMA cable you're using for signal attenuation per foot or per metre. You can then figure out how much attenuation your cable is giving you. Keep in mind attenuation is different for each frequency, so look specifically for their 2.4ghz attenuation rating per foot/metre
    Ok. I checked out a couple SMA Coax cables and they are running at around 24-34db per 100 feet, which factors out to .24 to .34 db per foot. So you'd need around 20 feet of the stuff to get 6DB attenuation. Cheaper to just get an attenuator and stick some cable on the end. I'll get slightly more than 6DB attenuation, but only slightly. Shouldn't be a problem.

could quit if I wanted to volto's Avatar
    How bout this? $10 shipped. http://www.ebay.com/itm/120994389746
    Don't steal, the government hates competition.

Navigator
    What do you guys think about the unlabled Artek boosters on Ebay:
    http://www.ebay.nl/itm/New-Web-wifi-...ht_7218wt_1397
    Trustworthy or not?
    I'ld buy from RangeVideo if the shipping to Europe weren't so expensive.

+ Reply to Thread