Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE with 1.2GHz Video

Hey guys, so is the fix for this issue basically putting a high pass on the receiver and a lowpass on the crossfire antenna and then creating as much separation as possible? Also is the 2.4 band effected by these issues too or is it clean to run with crossfire?

Quote Originally Posted by Motocrossman24 View Post
    Hey guys, so is the fix for this issue basically putting a high pass on the receiver and a lowpass on the crossfire antenna and then creating as much separation as possible? Also is the 2.4 band effected by these issues too or is it clean to run with crossfire?
    2.4 is clean - it's the recommended video frequency with the crossfire (according to Trappy). Personally, there's too much other noise on 2.4 where I fly, so long range on that freq is not practical or safe, for me. The solution is 1, test your equipment - it seems lots of people simply don't have any issue. I had a bunch of guys flying crossfire near me recently and I had no issue flying 1.3 video, though I didn't fly long range. Test, and if you find that you have an issue, you can either buy the notch filter specific to your frequency (915 or 868), get a 5.8 repeater and keep some distance from your ground station (recommended anyway regardless for clean reception), or both.

Scott

2.4 works awesome for me, but I live in farm country with relatively low noise on 2.4. I do use a repeater at times to keep me in the shade under my tree and the groundstation out in the open.
    flyin HIGH

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    2.4 works awesome for me, but I live in farm country with relatively low noise on 2.4. I do use a repeater at times to keep me in the shade under my tree and the groundstation out in the open.
    Yeah, it works great where there's no other 2.4 traffic, but where I fly, there's high powered WiFi in nearly every home, which can seriously limit range, being that they're close to my ground station. Usually your can just get some altitude under your belt to overcome it if you encounter it during your flight, but when it's near your station, there's no escaping it. Well, there is... It's 1.3. I'd love to live / fly in a spot that 2.4 was practical in, but I don't. Plus, 1.3 I find is much more forgiving with antenna direction. If you're using a directional antenna like a pepperbox (what I use and by far the best antenna I've tried to date on 1.3) a yagi (ultra directional, but ultra long range) you need to be much less precise than you do with 2.4. my impression is that 2.4 is so much of a consumer / every household frequency, that it's tough to commit to it for your standard freq - this is only my opinion based on my living / flying locations, but some other frequencies are much less (or almost not at all) used, so that's how I got to where I am...

Scott
    Last edited by Hoss; 27th December 2017 at 01:55 PM.

I hear ya. I use a 2.4 pepperbox and feel its the best $100 ive spent in FPV by far!!! 2.4 is nice if you can use it. smaller antennas less bulky groundstations. but can lose video behind objects quicker than 1.2 I find
    flyin HIGH

So lads, this is a whopper of a thread and I am having a tough time finding relevant/current information.
    My goal is this; to be able to fly crossfire 915 and 1.3 fatshark goggle module.
    - not for super long range, just stable 1-1.5km MAX with decent forest penetration with clean video.

has there been any miracles with the notch filters? or anything?

I know this has been beat to death, but i just wanted to get a firm concept if my idea is worth investing in or not.

thank you very much.

Hi,

do have not exact same setup, but... I do fly with Crossfire on 868MHz and 1,3GHz Fatshark Dominators more as year regularly on distances about 5-6km. Crossfire with dynamic power limited to 100mW on repeater from Jeti about 10m from my position. RSSI lowest about 25% nevertheless LQ never lower as 95 -98%. So far no problems with video (400mW VTx) even I do not use any aditional filtering - free space loss works for this distances pretty well.

Jan
    Last edited by zlutyslamak; 23rd March 2018 at 05:01 AM.