ReadyMadeRC!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GoPro Hero 2 Live feed?

GoPro Hero 2 Live feed?

Is it possible to use the GoPro hero 2 as the main FPV Camera and record? If so please refer me to specific forums and or youtube clips if at all possible. I have been looking and not having any solid lock. Thanks again for everyone's support.

From my experience, I was unable to fly from the Gopro HD live feed because of a slight lag, wich was totally unacceptable for my kind of flying. Not sure if the version 2 lags on live video out too.
    Anyway as a general rule don't use the gopro for live feed.
    ONE WITH THE MACHINE --> http://www.youtube.com/user/FPVFlier

FPV Flyer,
    Thank you for replying to fast. I was worried about the lag from the GoPro when I purchased the GoPro Hero 2. I fly FPV almost every day cycling threw a couple of battery packs, yet I am vary much a newbi. When I hook up the GoPro to live feed on the TV it does lag at times, but it doesn't seem to be the case with the GoPro Hero 2. As I mentioned I am a newbi and my intentions are to use RMRC-540 OSD Camera / 540-Line CCD (NTSC) as main camera but would like to switch between the 540 OSD cam and the GoPro 2 to recenter the Gyros on the GoPro 2 when they tilt off axis. Again thanks for all the help.

Thanks,
    Starfox9

Well if you are sure there is no lag, then fine you can use it, you will see two black lines with the 16/9 format of the gopro, also, make sure you supply power for the gopro, you don't want it shutting down while flying. (you can remove the battery too)
    When you get one of the readymaderc cams, you can see the difference. I only use a good ccd cam for flying.
    You're doing all just fine
    Last edited by FPV FLYER; 20th March 2012 at 11:47 PM.
    ONE WITH THE MACHINE --> http://www.youtube.com/user/FPVFlier

One thing that you should verify on that camera is what happens when the card is full and what happens if you hit a bad sector. People have commented that the older GoPro's would stop the live feed. Search FPVLab for more details.

FPV Flyer,
    I do have the ready made rc cam that I mentioned above and I love it. That is why I am inquiring for more information about a way to switch between the two simply to recenter the GoPro on its gyros for HD recording. I am having troubles finding this switch that allows me to switch between the two cameras as I was informed about in a previous thread??? I am also failing at finding a good video clip or pictures explaining how to power the GoPro Hero 2 with external power??? Just a few moments ago I returned from BestBuy, exchanging my GPH 2 as I soldered the red and black wires on the USB to a Deens connect to a 3S LIPO and fried the cam

Hucker,
    Thanks for the link, it's greatly appreciated. Do you happen to know if it will work with a Spektrum AR8000 Rx??? As the manual of the switch says that it's powered by the R/C receiver (4.5V - 5.5V)

I don't have one of these, I was looking at that switch the other day when wondering what it would take to have an aft looking camera. I think you'll be just fine (I would just get it if it were me), but dpcav is a well regarded outfit, email him and ask. I think he's an FPV guy.

Thanks Hucker

+ Reply to Thread