FPVLAB

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liftoff game

Good point but I usually hit the ground at full throttle, so my lack of thumb skills hasn't allowed me to notice that yet.
    Shut up and fly.

Navigator
    Liftoff is currently just way to locked in. Also, feels like im flying around with 2 or even 3 goprops strapped to the frame, somethings just of with throttle punchouts.

Currently uploading two back to back flights from freerider and liftoff. Overall liftoff is a better package, but it doesnt get my heart beating as fast as freerider does.

Maps, graphics and sounds are better in liftoff, but then again i'm fairly sure freerider only has a single part time dev. Both are so cheap though that there's no point in not owning both.

Edit: well that took longer then expected. Youtube processing times really are random at times.

One thing iv noticed in both sims is that high speed high bank turns are a tad weird.
    You have to *really* compensate with throttle to not fall to the ground. Whereas in real life you have a ton of kinetic energy so you don't have to compensate nearly as much. Its worse in freerider compared to liftoff.
    Last edited by Xerx; 29th November 2015 at 08:33 PM.

Since you can refund steam games ( http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/ ) I just tried liftoff: It's fun to fly - but still needs some work. As mentioned before the quad feels too locked in. I noticed that the PID settings of the FC only have P configured. It be would nice if real quads would fly this locked in with a P controller

But the devs are active and so I'm sure this will be improved. I had fun flying I decided to keep it.

Just wanted to say hi and thank you!

With version 0.4.2 we just got our 20th update out the door. Since the first Early Access update was released exactly 30 weeks ago, we can proudly say we managed to get an update out every week and a half.

This was all possible thanks to your continued support and contributions to the development and the formation of an awesome community. Thanks guys!
    We'll continue this trend with months of updates to come! We are excited about the future of Liftoff and we can't wait to get the next update out!

You improved Liftoff considerably! I really enjoy flying in Liftoff especially when it's raining (and it did rain often this spring )

Cannot wait for Steam workshop integration and the multiplayer! Keep up the good work!

Navigator
    Can someone please give me some advice on what wire I need to plug my spektrum transmitter into the computer to play this!? I just purchased the early access version and I am insanely excited to try this out...

Navigator
    please give me advice somebody on how to get a controller set up for this.... I feel like I've read this thread 2 times and can't find anywhere how to play this game... I already purchased it on steam, and and totally desperate to get this up and running..... please please please super super duper desperate to play this game.... pleaseeeeeeeeeee and thank you in advanced for ANYONES help!!!

push the start button if that don't work try rubbing the clitoris. works every time
    Last edited by doobie; 6th September 2016 at 08:39 PM. Reason: spelt clitoris wrong
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    push the start button if that don't work try rubbing the clitoris. works every time

I don't own a computer yet dude, I know crazy right? So I can't exactly push the start button ATM....

seriously tho, are there any wires required to hook up my spektrum dx6i transmitter to the computer? If so what wire is needed.... I would like to purchase this wire and then go to my brothers house where there is a decent computer available to play on...

I believe there are instructions on the Community forum for how to hook up a Spektrum. I believe you have to connect it to your audio system. I don't know, I use a Realflight Interlink.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast