FPVLAB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liftoff game

I just played it on my rMBP Quite a lot of fun :-P

Last edited by JulianGoesPro; 10th November 2015 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roboforcer X2000 View Post
    Well, you just have to be calm and cool... relaxed... no panic... If you lose it just because you crashed that'll cost you a lot (as I remember you're not rolling in millions) and will get you nowhere. Smashing radios to the ground and beating up your FPV friends is not cool at all, you have to do your best not to lose it... I think this game/simulator will help your FPV-anger-management problems
    lol I need help with anger management I cant afford to throw shit anymore LMFAO
    flyin HIGH

Here's some footage I took.

I aim to misbehave.
    I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar.

Quote Originally Posted by btown2 View Post
    Here's some footage I took.
    How's the throttle response in the game? Is it as punchy as real quads?
    I won't hit the "buy" button until I figure that out, coz Hotprops simulator's throttle response is absolute crap. It is so much expo and delay there (and no way to get rid of it) that makes a racing simulator with throttle of a fekin Phantom...

Freerider simulator is as close to reality as I experienced so far, so I expect Liftoff to be even better. So whoever tried both to compare, share your thoughts on them plz
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Navigator
    How do you connect a transmitter to the PC to use in Liftoff? Is there a central help website/forum? I downloaded the game but am stuck on interfacing a controller.

I figured out how to using SmartPropoPlus' VJoy but it had latency of more than a second.

I then tried opening Realflight with the RF controller connected and concurrently ran LO. This allowed the RF controller to be configured in LO. Once this was accomplished, it was no longer necessary to have RF running.

Actually, I think LO is pretty good, especially when I figured out how to switch into rate mode (Keyboard "A" toggles flight modes).
    Last edited by bobc1; 28th November 2015 at 07:19 PM. Reason: More info

Navigator
    Liftoff has a long way to go when it comes to flight feeling. Feels like maneuvering around a camera compared to freerider.

However the flying areas are much better, and the graphic style really looks like it might be coming from the goggles.
    They need to work on the flight physics / feeling before id recommend it.
    Also, multiplayer, and any form of "race"/track building is locked/greyed out so all you can do is randomly "fly" around in the areas.

Both games are based on the unity engine and will likely need some serious physics overhauls before they will be worthy of the title simulators.

Liftoff has potential, but is in a early stage of development.
    Last edited by Xerx; 28th November 2015 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerx View Post
    Liftoff has a long way to go when it comes to flight feeling. Feels like maneuvering around a camera compared to freerider.

However the flying areas are much better, and the graphic style really looks like it might be coming from the goggles.
    They need to work on the flight physics / feeling before id recommend it.
    Also, multiplayer, and any form of "race"/track building is locked/greyed out so all you can do is randomly "fly" around in the areas.

Both games are based on the unity engine and will likely need some serious physics overhauls before they will be worthy of the title simulators.

Liftoff has potential, but is in a early stage of development.
    Thanks for info!
    I'm holding the "buy" button just because I had a bad experience with Freerider, but looks like similar problems here as well...
    Nevermind the lag on Freerider, I bet all sims have and I can get used to it, but throttle is as far from reality as me winning the lotto. It's like flying not with miniquad, but with big rig with DJI Naza and gazillion expo on top. Changing motor parameters to ridiculously unreal power affects only controls, not the throttle. And once you drop the throttle the quad doesn't fall, it slowly parachutes down like a DLG glider.

Liftoff developers stated that it is suited for FPV pros and average gamers. It has great pilots behind to look at and I hope they will make more of FPV racing simulator than just a game.
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Navigator
    Oh, they most likely will.
    Its just that this is a really early version.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerx View Post
    It's interesting how different people can have such different experiences. Liftoff does have a ways to go, but it's flight dynamics felt much more real to me than Freerider. For example, in Freerider when I give it a hard yaw command the quad would roll so hard in the opposite direction that I would have to use almost full aileron input just to keep it level -- and forget about banking into a turn. Whatever the cause, even at its current, nascent stage, Liftoff gives me a much better flying experience on those days when weather doesn't allow me to get out and turn electrons into noise.

FPV=YMMV...again.
    Shut up and fly.

I think the flight dynamics have improved a lot in the latest release, but gravity is still wrong. It's fine down low and feels about right, but up high it's not right. The thing about gravity... there should be acceleration as it drops with zero power. In liftoff, it drops at a constant speed, no acceleration at all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast