Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Status TBS Crossfire + APM MissionPlanner?

the current update was mainly for the micro receiver, with some functionality that was absolutely required for it to work (such as firmware via RF, PPM mapping, etc). the next firmware update will hopefully see a serial telemetry downlink, and a new RF mode, which will be the requirement for the downlink to work.

Thanks Trappy. Looking forward for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesaman View Post
    Well don't think this is going to happen any time soon? With the recent crossfire update there was no mention about implementing to mission planner. I'm using crossfire (868MHz) so what 3dr radio frequency to use 433 or 915 Or maybe I should just use bluetooth. At least that way I don't have to use usb cable for connecting pixhack to laptop.
    Need more information to answer your question.

What video frequency are you using or do you plan on using?
    - As crossfire is the control link I would shy away from 1.3GHz (There are reports of reduced range with 1.3GHz video).
    - 866MHz is the second harmonic of 433MHz, so this may not be a good combination (though Crossfire is supposed to be "immune" to 433 noise... not sure about 433 transmission in close proximity).
    - If you go with bluetooth... then 2.4GHz video isn't a good idea.
    - 915MHz data radios are very close to Crossfire frequency so that may not be the best option either.

After laying all of that out... the best option is for TBS to release a crossfire firmware that allows it to handle the data link and control link, but that doesn't seem to be a priority for them at the moment (as we, the aerial mappers/auto mission fliers are not their primary customer base). I don't blame them for making this decision... it just doesn't make sense business wise to spend resources developing the product for a very small percentage of the customers.

The next best solution, is to run Crossfire control, bluetooth data, and 5.8GHz video. This however means that you will have only a mere 30-200ft of data range... but if you have OSD on the video feed you can get the important information back to the ground station (just can't alter the mission at any significant range).

Hope this helps...

D
    Last edited by Derrick; 2nd November 2015 at 09:24 AM.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Don't think so either but hey... Patience is a virtue, eh?

I don't think you should use either of the two systems be it 433 or 915.

My personal experience with crossfire and 1.3 video. The crossfire on 10mw has alot more range than my 433 system on low power (150mw). I was able to walk 3 blocks away through houses and never lost signal with the crossfire on 10 mw with a 400mw 1.3ghz vtx on my qav400. So all though trappy says the range is reduced it has alot more than my 433 system with the same setup.
    Not an expert, just follow direction well....

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    Need more information to answer your question.

What video frequency are you using or do you plan on using?
    - As crossfire is the control link I would shy away from 1.3GHz (There are reports of reduced range with 1.3GHz video).
    - 866MHz is the second harmonic of 433MHz, so this may not be a good combination (though Crossfire is supposed to be "immune" to 433 noise... not sure about 433 transmission in close proximity).
    - If you go with bluetooth... then 2.4GHz video isn't a good idea.
    - 915MHz data radios are very close to Crossfire frequency so that may not be the best option either.

After laying all of that out... the best option is for TBS to release a crossfire firmware that allows it to handle the data link and control link, but that doesn't seem to be a priority for them at the moment (as we, the aerial mappers/auto mission fliers are not their primary customer base). I don't blame them for making this decision... it just doesn't make sense business wise to spend resources developing the product for a very small percentage of the customers.

The next best solution, is to run Crossfire control, bluetooth data, and 5.8GHz video. This however means that you will have only a mere 30-200ft of data range... but if you have OSD on the video feed you can get the important information back to the ground station (just can't alter the mission at any significant range).

Hope this helps...

D

Thanks for making that clear. With bluetooth I was just going to make things little easier with setting up pixhack.
    Using tbs unify 800mw 2.4ghz video and Crossfire 868 mhz Also have tbs blackbox and minimosd.

Like Trappy said it will be possible at some point.

Navigator
    Since I've my new surface pro 4 with windows 10 I'm no longer able to use the bluetooth connection crossfireTX <-> windows 10 and I guess it's the same issue as mentioned by Durahl in this thread.

Like he said there are two Crossfire Devices on the windows 10 bbluetooth screen but non of them is working.

Is there any solution to get rid of this issue?

Thanks for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by Tschoffy View Post
    Since I've my new surface pro 4 with windows 10 I'm no longer able to use the bluetooth connection crossfireTX <-> windows 10 and I guess it's the same issue as mentioned by Durahl in this thread.

Like he said there are two Crossfire Devices on the windows 10 bbluetooth screen but non of them is working.

Is there any solution to get rid of this issue?

Thanks for your support!
    It shows you both modes BLE and regular Bluetooth. Only the regular can bind. Make sure you pick the correct one as they switch position randomly if you pick the wrong one and try to bind.

Navigator
    Thanks Perna

I've tried to bind both modes but unfortunately with moderate success.
    One mode I'm able to connect but as soon as I want to connect MissonPlanner the Bluetooth connection breaks and tries to reconnect without success.
    The other one doesn't connect at all:

AT the moment I've no chance to connect MissionPlanner using one or the other mode.
    Any other hint?

Quote Originally Posted by Tschoffy View Post
    Thanks Perna

I've tried to bind both modes but unfortunately with moderate success.
    One mode I'm able to connect but as soon as I want to connect MissonPlanner the Bluetooth connection breaks and tries to reconnect without success.
    The other one doesn't connect at all:

AT the moment I've no chance to connect MissionPlanner using one or the other mode.
    Any other hint?
    Are you sure everything else is working properly? Like if mission planner connects there is actually data coming? Can you connect by terminal like putty?