Page 2 of 168 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS POWERCUBE

Can you tell us a little more about it, the other video showed it with an attached (lap counter timer) gps as well do all these have the same ETA?

Quote Originally Posted by Thinktank View Post
    Can you tell us a little more about it, the other video showed it with an attached (lap counter timer) gps as well do all these have the same ETA?
    A smaller CORE PRO GPS is coming a bit later. Still a bit to go on that. But you can already add a big GPS to it. the GPS just feeds into the OSD, though, so don't expect RTH and any of that from the cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    CORE PRO would be best. just the main unit. we will offer that as an option.
    So the Core Pro unit will be a part of the stack? That means the tower consists of four ESCs, a FC and a Core, correct? What about a current sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    A smaller CORE PRO GPS is coming a bit later. Still a bit to go on that. But you can already add a big GPS to it. the GPS just feeds into the OSD, though, so don't expect RTH and any of that from the cube.
    Why would I want to add the extra weight of a GPS to a FPV racer? The only value I can think of that would be interesting to see in the OSD is speed.

Quote Originally Posted by raumagent View Post
    So the Core Pro unit will be a part of the stack? That means the tower consists of four ESCs, a FC and a Core, correct? What about a current sensor?

Why would I want to add the extra weight of a GPS to a FPV racer? The only value I can think of that would be interesting to see in the OSD is speed.
    I am thinking it would be more like a lap timer, even or a race against your self own best time sorta thing but i could be way off.

Quote Originally Posted by raumagent View Post

The CORE PRO will initially remain the CORE PRO (separate box). The tower consists of four ESCs, a FC, and a PDB (think back to our "TBS PSU", no OSD). Current sensor is included in the PDB, to make it easier to connect the CORE PRO later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinktank View Post
    I am thinking it would be more like a lap timer, even or a race against your self own best time sorta thing but i could be way off.
    OSD speed is pretty cool for FPV racing (training), as is altitude and all that additional data if you're reviewing your flights at home. also, we did demo a prototype lap timing system which could be used to race against yourself. all things for training, obviously, I wouldn't expect anyone to fly around with a GPS during a race

Got it. Thanks for clearing this up Trappy.

Ah, finally a decent picture of the cube. Thanks Thinktank! What is the overall height of the tower?

30mm