Page 175 of 176 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1753

Thread: TBS POWERCUBE

Navigator
    Got it figured out!

Quote Originally Posted by dogear View Post
    How do you mount this stack in the quad? Seems backwards in that the battery pads and antenna pigtail are situated facing the front of the quad instead of facing the rear of the quad. What am I missing here?
    rotate it 180║ so that the Colibri FC arrow is pointing to the rear. in the Configuration tab, type in 180 in Yaw Degrees under Board and Sensor Alignment

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by SaG˘ View Post
    rotate it 180║ so that the Colibri FC arrow is pointing to the rear. in the Configuration tab, type in 180 in Yaw Degrees under Board and Sensor Alignment
    Thanks very much

I have a TBS powercube with the V2 PDB (not FPVision) and upgraded V2 ESC's. I just purchased a new runcam with builtin OSD. Do you just hookup the white wire from the four pin TBS connector that came with the Powercube to the OSD port on the camera to get the Runcam OSD battery voltage info on my goggles? Thanks!

Navigator
    I have a QQ190 with powercube, purchased new from TBS approx 4 weeks ago. So far it's been flying without a problem (sensational), VTx set to 500ma using a Spektrum 4649t diversity Rx with a Spektrum DX9. Went for a fly at my local field yesterday and discovered my video output and RC range had both dropped considerably for no apparent reason. The VTx is now equal to about 25~50ma and I lost RC control twice. This is my test field, I know it well and up until now I have had great video range and never lost RC control. I have tried changing power output and it makes no difference and the drop in RC range has me stumped. I don't do acro, just speed cruising fpv. Haven't had any crashes yet, so I can't put it down to impact damage, it has just happened out of the blue. I think the VTx and Rx use different layers in the cube(?) which makes me wonder why my video and RC have both lost range simultaneously. Can anyone suggest what I do from here? I don't understand the cube well enough to know what to do or look for to get this sorted. Any help much appreciated. TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by thegeek View Post
    I have a QQ190 with powercube, purchased new from TBS approx 4 weeks ago. So far it's been flying without a problem (sensational), VTx set to 500ma using a Spektrum 4649t diversity Rx with a Spektrum DX9. Went for a fly at my local field yesterday and discovered my video output and RC range had both dropped considerably for no apparent reason. The VTx is now equal to about 25~50ma and I lost RC control twice. This is my test field, I know it well and up until now I have had great video range and never lost RC control. I have tried changing power output and it makes no difference and the drop in RC range has me stumped. I don't do acro, just speed cruising fpv. Haven't had any crashes yet, so I can't put it down to impact damage, it has just happened out of the blue. I think the VTx and Rx use different layers in the cube(?) which makes me wonder why my video and RC have both lost range simultaneously. Can anyone suggest what I do from here? I don't understand the cube well enough to know what to do or look for to get this sorted. Any help much appreciated. TIA.
    I have the QQ190 as well. What firmware version are you running, both betaflight and on your core pro? It's possible idrees you updated your core that you're now limited in total wattage output.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Navigator
    Hi mugenracerman, thanks for your reply. I am using the latest version of Betaflight FW recommended by QQ, v3.1.7. Also running QQ190 factory settings (tune) in Betaflight 10.0.0 (I note BF 10.1.0 is out now). As mentioned, it has been running without a hitch up until now, and I have no need to flash the FW to a later version. Nor have I recently made any changes to my previously "good" setup. Some time ago, I updated the OSD FW to 2.02 (or whatever the latest version is, can't recall) - again, no problems there. I have not updated the Cube/Core FW at any stage, except for the OSD FW update I mentioned, but again, it caused no problems when it was done.

I am able to choose VTx output from 25mw up to 800mw without problem, plus Band and Channel selection as per normal. Unfortunately, increasing the VTx output beyond 25mw makes little difference now. I can't cover the ground I could previously without the video banding and/or dropping out, whereas before it was pretty clean all the way around my test fields.

What concerns me is the combination of poor VTx output and simultaneous reduced RC range. The RC dropped out for a second or so, and then connected again in flight, so there was no crash. But it has never dropped out before at the point it did, even after dozens of flights over the same area. The RC issue could be unrelated or even co-incidental, but it seems strange that I had both problems (VTx & RC) happen at once. The aforementioned issues occured over two batteries, two flights, then I stopped to avoid a crash or losing my quad, it was a bit hairy and I have simply lost trust in the craft now.

I wonder if there is a way to reset the cube/core (other than for stick calibration) that would help here - I don't want to re-set stick cal for no reason and then spend time in BF getting it all right again, too much of a PIA.

Based on the fact it is only 4 weeks old, I am going to contact QQ to discuss warranty, if any.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mugenracerman View Post
    I have the QQ190 as well. What firmware version are you running, both betaflight and on your core pro? It's possible idrees you updated your core that you're now limited in total wattage output.

Hmmm.....3.1.7 doesn't have the QQ suffix after it in the TBS agent. That lends me to believe it may not be 100% compatible with the QQ (I could be wrong). I would try restoring it to a firmware with the QQ suffix and see if that helps at all. As for the OSD issue, version V1.73 was the last one where we could have total control of the wattage output. US FCC 2017-05-04- locked: Only legal VTX frequencies and RF power can be selected. Unlock forbidden. If you change to a new version, no matter what you set you will only get the max allowed for your region. It's for that reason that I'm still on 1.72 as I'd rather have maximum wattage for my VTX where I fly.

Good luck with your QQ. I've had two of them and both have been problematic. They both seem to suffer from mid throttle oscillation that I just cant get rid of no matter what. I'm even running them stock with the recommended firmware and PIDs. It's gotten so annoying that I've shelved one and gave another to my brother so he could use the frame for a custom build. I'm now flying the Kopis which costs last and in my opinion flys much better.

Navigator
    mugenracerman, you may just be an absolute legend man. Doesn't tell you anywhere (that I could find) that OSD FW updates after 1.72 will lock you out, whilst still behaving as if the full range of frequencies/channels are available. Took me ages to unlock the VTx when I first got the QQ as my stick calibration was out and I couldn't save an alternate callsign to TBS by moving stick to right. Ended up unlocking through TBS Agent and updating FW to 2.02. QQ told me all I had to do to unlock frequencies/channels was to change callsign TBS to something else. Have now gone back to v1.72 (as you suggested) - in the process, selected 800ma and boy did it heat up quick (no fly yet), but that tells me it's putting out what it should without even flying!! How I confused myself here is a long story involving various flying fields, but I'm pretty sure you just sorted that for me...many thanks.

As for the RC dropout, I have no idea, but still a bit confused by it. Will get out tomorrow and see if I can duplicate it again. One of my 2 antennae may not be plugged fully at the Rx end(??), they come off way to easily on this Spektrum Rx.

Anyway, I'll give it a bash tomorrow and see how I go. Once again, many thanks for your time. Cheers.

PS: I downloaded the 3.1.7 Cleanflight FW direct from QQ's web site and it's the only one there, so assume I have the right version - I didn't use TBS Agent for this, just downloaded their posted 3.1.7 file pulled it in as a local file through Betaflight and flashed it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by mugenracerman View Post
    Hmmm.....3.1.7 doesn't have the QQ suffix after it in the TBS agent. That lends me to believe it may not be 100% compatible with the QQ (I could be wrong). I would try restoring it to a firmware with the QQ suffix and see if that helps at all. As for the OSD issue, version V1.73 was the last one where we could have total control of the wattage output. US FCC 2017-05-04- locked: Only legal VTX frequencies and RF power can be selected. Unlock forbidden. If you change to a new version, no matter what you set you will only get the max allowed for your region. It's for that reason that I'm still on 1.72 as I'd rather have maximum wattage for my VTX where I fly.

Good luck with your QQ. I've had two of them and both have been problematic. They both seem to suffer from mid throttle oscillation that I just cant get rid of no matter what. I'm even running them stock with the recommended firmware and PIDs. It's gotten so annoying that I've shelved one and gave another to my brother so he could use the frame for a custom build. I'm now flying the Kopis which costs last and in my opinion flys much better.

Quote Originally Posted by thegeek View Post
    mugenracerman, you may just be an absolute legend man. Doesn't tell you anywhere (that I could find) that OSD FW updates after 1.72 will lock you out, whilst still behaving as if the full range of frequencies/channels are available. Took me ages to unlock the VTx when I first got the QQ as my stick calibration was out and I couldn't save an alternate callsign to TBS by moving stick to right. Ended up unlocking through TBS Agent and updating FW to 2.02. QQ told me all I had to do to unlock frequencies/channels was to change callsign TBS to something else. Have now gone back to v1.72 (as you suggested) - in the process, selected 800ma and boy did it heat up quick (no fly yet), but that tells me it's putting out what it should without even flying!! How I confused myself here is a long story involving various flying fields, but I'm pretty sure you just sorted that for me...many thanks.

As for the RC dropout, I have no idea, but still a bit confused by it. Will get out tomorrow and see if I can duplicate it again. One of my 2 antennae may not be plugged fully at the Rx end(??), they come off way to easily on this Spektrum Rx.

Anyway, I'll give it a bash tomorrow and see how I go. Once again, many thanks for your time. Cheers.

PS: I downloaded the 3.1.7 Cleanflight FW direct from QQ's web site and it's the only one there, so assume I have the right version - I didn't use TBS Agent for this, just downloaded their posted 3.1.7 file pulled it in as a local file through Betaflight and flashed it that way.
    Awesome... glad I was able to help. When running spektrum receiver make sure your wiring for the receiver connector and antennas are as far away from the vtx antenna and your camera signal wires as possible. Other than that you should be good to go. Now get out and fly!