Page 173 of 173 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1730

Thread: TBS POWERCUBE

Navigator
    I just recently inherited a QQ190 with a Powercube.

Matching up with the product pages on TBS' site, it appears my Powercube has the Colibi Race 2.0 flight controller (topmost board), and the FPVision VTX/OSD (bottom two boards). When I connect to TBS Agent, it says it is "TBS CORE PRO V2" running firmware version v2.01. The FC is running COLIBRI_RACE Betaflight 3.1.7 from April 3.

In between, there are two 2-in-1 ESC boards. They look mostly like the 2-in-1 25A ESC on TBS' product page, except my boards do not have the 220uF 25V capacitor and it appears the components are a bit different than the board pictured on the product page (I haven't disassembled the cube to look really close, but it's clear the capacitor is not there).

Can someone help me identify what I have? Is is an earlier rev of the 2-in-1 ESC board? If so, is there a link to the info for that rev somewhere?

For the ESC I have, I wanted to know if it will support DSHOT (300 is fine, 600 would be better), and if so, do I need to remove a filter cap?

For the Colibri Race 2.0 (and the entire Powercube), it looks from prior messages that it would support running Betaflight 3.2.x on it, correct? Any tips or gotchas in updating from the 3.1.7 that it has now?

Many thanks in advance. I'd prefer to get the QQ190 up in the air as-is, with just a Betaflight update to 3.2.1 and config, and preferably running DSHOT300 or DSHOT600.
    Last edited by Zzyzx; 27th October 2017 at 02:44 PM.

you could have the stock powercube that came with the QQ190, so likely it doesn't have the newer 25A 2in1 ESC layers that can run DShot600. if you take your cube apart, look underneath the ESC layer to see if they're 25A or the older 20A, which may be able to run DShot150/300. if they are 20A, you can run DShot600 after removing the cap. some new features in BF3.2+ require DShot capable ESCs, so find out exactly which ESCs you have on it first. FYI, the FPVision is just the single bottom layer which houses the Unify Pro vtx, CorePro OSD, and PDB.

QuadQuestions configured that quad, so it doesn't hurt to hit them up with your questions. cheers!
    Last edited by SaG˘; 30th October 2017 at 08:07 PM.

Anybody experience this problem? I have a FPVision Powercube with the 2-in-1 ESC's. When flying, it suddenly seems to reset/reboot in the air. It just shutdowns (all motors stop but electronics are still lit up). It just drops to the ground and then I hear the ESC's reinitialize and it it is upright, I can start the motors again and fly until it happens again. I have double checked all connections/soldering, I have re-flashed both the FC and ESC's. It is not a fail safe issue because the ESC"s reinitialize. I am running BF 3.7.1 along with the latest version of BHeli. Thanks for any input...my next step is to replace the FC since I have a spare. If it isn't the FC, then I guess it's a power related issue and may have to get a new PDB. Hope it's not a power issue as the FPVision PDB is $$$$$. Again, thanks for any advice.

Navigator
    sounds more like a loose contact between the battery and the drone, make sure that the plug "male" pins arnt squeezed to tight, if so, open them up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by buggzy View Post
    sounds more like a loose contact between the battery and the drone, make sure that the plug "male" pins arnt squeezed to tight, if so, open them up a little.
    Thanks for the advise...I will check the XT60 plug as you suggested. I have been able to duplicate this issue with the props off and just watching the quad on a table and the power never seems to go out as the led lights on the FC and PDB stay lit all the time... it just seems to reset/reboot and the ESC's cycle with the tones.

That does sound like a very quick power interruption or at least a voltage droop below minimal operating specs.

Quote Originally Posted by RonSII View Post
    That does sound like a very quick power interruption or at least a voltage droop below minimal operating specs.
    Well I think I found my problem. I took apart the TBS PowerCube and when I got down to the PDB/FPVision, I noticed something which would possibly cause my issue of a power dropout. I use nylon standoffs to support the Powercube to the Frame - 4 screws through the frame and then 4 nylon standoffs. I usually have to trim the standoffs before connecting the brass standoffs and I noticed that one of the nylon standoffs were a bit long on the threads. The PDB/FPVision was down flat on the nylon standoff but when screwing on the brass standoff it was not making good contact with the PDB and there was a bit of wiggle room between the PDB and 1st brass standoff in the stack (saw it with a magnifying glass). I trimmed the nylon standoff so it would make good contact and rebuilt the Powercube stack. Everything lit up as normal - now on to putting the rest of my QQ190 back together and test in the field.

It's safe to use metal screws through the frame into the ground (negative) standoffs. At least you'll have 2 solid connections to hold down the cube. Nylon standoffs will snap during the "right" crash wreaking havoc to the cube and other connected components.

Navigator
    Im having an issue connecting the FC to TBS agent, anyone else experiencing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mytch View Post
    Im having an issue connecting the FC to TBS agent, anyone else experiencing this?
    . If you can re run setup wizzard calabration try that first