Page 171 of 172 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1719

Thread: TBS POWERCUBE

Gotcha. Hehehe quite an adventure. Glad you landed safely back on earth

Has anybody experienced this problem: I landed my quadcopter which has the Powercube FPVision 2-in-1 version and hit the kill switch as normal on my Spektrum radio. The motors stopped and all seemed normal. I picked up the quad and I suddenly heard one beep and then the motors went to full throttle on its own for no reason. Unfortunately when this happened, the blades spinning at full throttle cut two of my fingers pretty bad and after a visit to the emergency room I am recovering. Thank god no serious damage to my fingers. What would cause this happen? Thanks for any insight...

Scary. And it really should not happen
    I never carry my quad around with battery plugged in, the first I do after landing is to switch off the Runcam Split, and then disconnect the power cable. But even this is a risk, if your head is over the quad.
    This things are dangerous, there is never too much care and respect. I hope you will recover soon, took me 2 weeks to use my hand again after the 6" Racer tried to kill me.
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.

Quote Originally Posted by WDZaphod View Post
    Scary. And it really should not happen
    I never carry my quad around with battery plugged in, the first I do after landing is to switch off the Runcam Split, and then disconnect the power cable. But even this is a risk, if your head is over the quad.
    This things are dangerous, there is never too much care and respect. I hope you will recover soon, took me 2 weeks to use my hand again after the 6" Racer tried to kill me.
    You are right, it should not happen. I was going to unplug the battery but with a bottom mount it could have been even more of a problem. I guess I am going to study and practice the best way to disconnect the battery on each of my quads without my head over them or hands/fingers in the area of the props. Maybe I should just flip them over with my foot before I disconnect the battery. When I picked it up when the accident occurred, I was holding it without my hands/fingers near the props but with the sudden force of the full throttle my two fingers must have shifted some for them to get cut up pretty good. Maybe the designers of these quads/electronics can come up with a switch on the quad to kill power from the battery without having to grab it and mess around trying to disconnect the battery cables.

I've never been a fan of unplugging the batteries at connectors in order to turn it on and off. A power switch should be designed and used.

Yes, as each of my quads is designed differently, I've learned grab them out of the way of spinning props. I also unplug them upside down so if it suddenly spins up, the quad flies into the ground. Best placement for the XT60 connector is when it's BELOW the prop line, whether it's a top mount or bottom mount battery.

Y'all have had the unfortunate accidents already. Stay safe!
    Last edited by SaG˘; 21st August 2017 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qavflyer View Post
    Maybe the designers of these quads/electronics can come up with a switch on the quad to kill power from the battery without having to grab it and mess around trying to disconnect the battery cables.
    I could have sworn I saw a new feature in BetaFlight that added an extra ARM requirement. I'll have to check when I get home, but look in the config section where all the toggles are.

On that note, I don't think the Powercube/OSD/Colibri work well together yet when running BF 3.2.1 (dealing with this issue currently). May just need to wait for TBS to update the Agent software before we can use this feature.

Navigator
    I do not see a plug set provided to connect to the uart 3 so that I can hook up FrSKY telemetry with the Elite combo I purchased directly from TBS. Is this only sold sperately?

Power switches are a proper source of problems. They will wear out very quick, and a switch able to handle 80+A will be heavy.
    Might be a Solution to add another XT60 in series with the battery one. Then plug in a shorted plug to close the circuit. If this plug has a short string, it's easy to pull it to cut power.
    Be nice with you quad, then it won't bite
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.

Navigator
    i always set my failsafe swith on my remote to kill the motors and activate a beeper, so whenever i go to unplug them i make sure the beeper is activated, that way i know its in kill mode, plus i always place my remote down before unplugging the battery, another way to make sure i dont accidently hit a switch or something.

i just did a build around my rebuilt powercube V2 (new 25A 2in1 ESCs and Colibri FC, old PDB/CorePro/VTX). the CorePro OSD flickers in the FPV camera feed (Arrow micro), and the ESCs powerup chime is out of sync by about a second. it flies fine. the FPV video feed is also fine. i've performed several ESC re-calibrations. ESC firmware is all the same 16.6. why the boot up delay? any ideas on how to remedy? thanks in advance!
    Last edited by SaG˘; 26th August 2017 at 08:50 PM.

Page 171 of 172 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172 LastLast