Page 170 of 173 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1730

Thread: TBS POWERCUBE

  1. #1691
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sunny San Diego
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalQuad View Post
    Hi All,

    I have a powercube in a spaceone S7 frame, Initally had a burnt motor smell and installed shorter motor screws-problem solved.

    Im experiencing the following with my install
    My motors will not stop spinning unless I disarm the TX
    MY motors do not seem to respond to throttle down input from the TX either.
    I have enabled and disabled the motorstop feature in CF numerous times with no changes to the motors response

    Im using a radiolink AT9 sbus. it is setup in CF as serial RX pitch yaw and roll inputs are working and visible in CF

    I felt good about this build as i got the VTX/Camera and motor orientations all correct the first time but i ran into this and im stuck

    Thanks and Happy 4th of July to all!
    any of you more experienced users encounter the above?

    thanks

  2. #1692
    Navigator SaG˘'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalQuad View Post
    any of you more experienced users encounter the above?

    thanks
    By default, motors should stop spinning when you disarm. When you arm, they spin at idle (minimum throttle). What behavior are you expecting? Now if you mean the motors are still spinning after you disarm, that can be remedied. First, calibrate the sticks on your radio then calibrate the ESCs. Test. If that doesn't fix it, you may need to lower min_command in the CLI. It's default at 1000; start at 980 then test, slowly increasing value until they start to spin when disarmed. Lower to last value it didn't spin.
    Last edited by SaG˘; 10th August 2017 at 10:32 AM.

  3. #1693
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Allen TX USA
    Posts
    190
    Just a quick note. Before you use the adhesive double sided tape that comes with the Powercube - determine if you will ever need to remove the Powercube from the frame again. About 6 months ago I mounted a Powercube to a QAV-250 frame using the included adhesive and 2 mounting screws. Yesterday I needed to remove the cube to change the VTX voltage jumper. The adhesive sure was doing its job. I had to rent a small thermonuclear device from North Korea to help pry the Powercube loose.

  4. #1694
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sunny San Diego
    Posts
    5
    '
    Quote Originally Posted by SaG˘ View Post
    By default, motors should stop spinning when you disarm. When you arm, they spin at idle (minimum throttle). What behavior are you expecting? Now if you mean the motors are still spinning after you disarm, that can be remedied. First, calibrate the sticks on your radio then calibrate the ESCs. Test. If that doesn't fix it, you may need to lower min_command in the CLI. It's default at 1000; start at 980 then test, slowly increasing value until they start to spin when disarmed. Lower to last value it didn't spin.
    Basically the motors do not respond to throttle down stick input. they remain at wide open throttle once I have commanded throttle up via stick input.

    When I increase throttle slowly via the TX it responds fine.

    Thanks so much

  5. #1695
    Navigator SaG˘'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by DWB80117 View Post
    Just a quick note. Before you use the adhesive double sided tape that comes with the Powercube - determine if you will ever need to remove the Powercube from the frame again. About 6 months ago I mounted a Powercube to a QAV-250 frame using the included adhesive and 2 mounting screws. Yesterday I needed to remove the cube to change the VTX voltage jumper. The adhesive sure was doing its job. I had to rent a small thermonuclear device from North Korea to help pry the Powercube loose.
    or do this: no VHB tape under mounting plate. o-rings between frame and mounting plate. metal screws through frame into ground standoffs. nylon screws through frame into positive standoffs. (don't use metal screws through frame into positive standoffs or you will get a short.)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2548.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	77326

  6. #1696
    MrTakeNoPrisoners PeteDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    3,100
    You didn't need to remove the adhesive, just unscrew the la yers starting with the Colibri.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

    • Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

  7. #1697
    Navigator SaG˘'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    130
    yup, easy disassembly starting from top layer

  8. #1698
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Allen TX USA
    Posts
    190
    On this one I needed to get the bottom layer of the cube up and out of the frame as much as I could. There was not a good way to get the soldering iron AND sucker into the cavity of a QAV-250 due to the proximity of the standoffs. Thats what I did - I started at the Colibri and worked my way down laying over each of the ESCs till I got to the PBD.

    Bonus: It actually flew when I got it all back together.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    You didn't need to remove the adhesive, just unscrew the la yers starting with the Colibri.

    Sent from my Earth orbiting Satellite using a TBS Crossfire

  9. #1699
    Navigator SaG˘'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by DWB80117 View Post
    Thats what I did - I started at the Colibri and worked my way down laying over each of the ESCs till I got to the PBD.
    Wait, you mounted the VHB tape underneath the bottom layer, not the black plastic mounting plate?

  10. #1700
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Allen TX USA
    Posts
    190
    Starting from the quad frame working up - Put the nuclear bonding double sided sticky tape down on the upward facing horizontal surface of the QAV-250 frame (non carbon fiber). Next the plastic plate all screwed onto the cube, then the PDB, ESCs 1-4, and finally the Colibri. The cube was all assembled when I stuck it down. Two screws positioned diagonally underneath and thru the QAV-250 frame screwed into the bottom of the cube. Did the same thing with a TBS-G2 frame.

    There were a half dozen ways to take it apart to get to the VTX voltage jumper PDB, so I assessed the shortest way with the least amount of trauma to the quad and myself. I did not want to unplug the ESC wires as that would take ten times longer putting it back together due to setting motor direction and rewiring elegantly with zip ties. The problem was I had to get the PDB high enough out of the quad frame to get to it with the soldering iron and the large solder sucker.

    On the next one Ill just use a dab of green 3M sticky tape. The two screws on the QAV frame are going to hold the cube unless there is a tremendous crash of epic proportions and nothing is left. However the G2 frame is carbon fiber and has some squishy cork like filler between the frame's carbon fiber plates. On that one I did not want to tighten the screws too much because they could pull through the frame as the cork compresses. On that frame tape is a must. Just maybe not the supplied tape that could overcome gravity on Jupiter.

    Quote Originally Posted by SaG˘ View Post
    Wait, you mounted the VHB tape underneath the bottom layer, not the black plastic mounting plate?

Page 170 of 173 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •