Page 165 of 165 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1650

Thread: TBS POWERCUBE

Navigator
    Thinking of ways to get rid of the ESC board of the elite bundle.
    Crazy idea. Would it be possible to solder the ESC + and GND directly to the standoffs (these are just plus and minus after all)? One of my concerns is that two escs pulling up to 70a are connected to a single standoff stack (+ & - on one side).

Another way to clean up my build is to move the ESC board down. Could I just connect the ESC signal wires directly to the ESC, instead of using the supplied pins of the ESC board? Would that allow me to alter the stack order?

Navigator
    Tried that, as it updates my old 1.2 version FC, but not the new one

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    Make sure the right driver is loading for flashing.

Try the driver fixer from ImpulseRc then. https://impulserc.blob.core.windows....iver_Fixer.exe
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

need assistance/confirmation of my powercube Elite status. i think it's a goner but hopefully not all of it. just crashed head-on/arm-on into a diving tower during race practice. only physical damage is a broken arm at motor 2 of my Coyote stretch 5" quad fitted with TBS powercube elite (diagonal ESC board for 25A Quadrant ESCs). no obvious damage to any other electronics. no magic smoke. no electrical burn smell. when i plug in the battery, i only get first three ascending startup tones, no following two startup tones, no motor twitch, no gyro calibration (FrSky XSR bound and connected to Taranis [green light]).

1) Colibri V2: FrSky XSR receiver gets power through UART port. only solid blue 5V LED lights up. no Power or Status LEDs at all when plugging in battery or USB connection. still a no-go holding boot button with power/USB. BetaFlight does not see board at all. no power to LED/buzzer strip.
    2) FPVision layer: get front flashing red LED with power. get video on FPV monitor/goggles, nice and clear. get "TBS CORE PRO V2 V.100" and "SELF TEST PASS", but NO devices are detected (P.CUBE C.SENS V2 or COLIBRI FC V3.1). also get BATT. DET. FAIL.

so which part(s) is(are) broken and needs to be replaced? thanks in advance for your help, guys!
    Last edited by SaG˘; 18th May 2017 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytch View Post
    Tried that, as it updates my old 1.2 version FC, but not the new one
    How did you go? Got a new Elite Stack today and just loaded the driver manually and then loaded BF3.1.7 via Agent.
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Telnoi View Post
    Thinking of ways to get rid of the ESC board of the elite bundle.
    Crazy idea. Would it be possible to solder the ESC + and GND directly to the standoffs (these are just plus and minus after all)? One of my concerns is that two escs pulling up to 70a are connected to a single standoff stack.

Another way to clean up my build is to move the ESC board down. Could I just connect the ESC signal wires directly to the ESC, instead of using the supplied pins of the ESC board? Would that allow me to alter the stack order?
    I used standard ring terminals to connect a 4-in-1 to the elite bundle (sans ESC board). Power goes into the FPVision layer (so it hits the current sensor) then is pulled from the rear stand-offs and goes into the 4-in-1. Worked great till I smoked the ESC, stand offs were fine even on 5s pulling 120 amps, ESC not so much haha

Navigator
    Thanks for the picture and explanation. I came across those o-rings when I searched for alternatives to gold plated nuts (hard to come by and expensive).

I ended up buying another bag of TBS powercube nuts and placed four additional ones at the bottom of the stack. Then the horizontal PDB and finally soldered the ESC outputs of the PDB to the FC using regular wires. Works great.

Anyone know if a v1.1or v1.2 esc and v1.4 esc will work together?
    One has a 6 pad breakout for programming bootloader on bottom and one doesnt.
    Just wanna know if pins are the same i guess since fw is same.

Quote Originally Posted by charleshodge215@gmail.com View Post
    Anyone know if a v1.1or v1.2 esc and v1.4 esc will work together?
    One has a 6 pad breakout for programming bootloader on bottom and one doesnt.
    Just wanna know if pins are the same i guess since fw is same.
    Yes you can use them together. Just place the older versions higher in the stack, the newer lower.

Navigator
    help, my powercube will not accept signal from my receiver, thinking i might have a bad futaba rx i bought a new one and still the same, so thinking maybe it dont like s-bus i install a frsky ppm rx and well, still the same, wont get any reactions from the cube. plugged in cleanflight and absolutely NO transmitter responce via the cube .....