Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for Cleanflight on the Gemini!

I have flown 5 packs with the new software and all i can say is WOW. The Gemini is a new beast in a good way. its far more responsive at high speed, 95% of Yaw out issues are gone.

If you are waiting for any reason to change over take it from me you are blind and are about to be able to see.

a BIG thank you to the team who worked on this! and a special thank you to Navdnos for helping me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
    I have flown 5 packs with the new software and all i can say is WOW. The Gemini is a new beast in a good way. its far more responsive at high speed, 95% of Yaw out issues are gone.

If you are waiting for any reason to change over take it from me you are blind and are about to be able to see.

a BIG thank you to the team who worked on this! and a special thank you to Navdnos for helping me out.
    Good good, take your canopy off and that remaining 4.99999999% of yaw out will disappear!

I switched to Cleanflight today and I can't get the motors to spin up. Arming appears to work according to the LED but when I throttle up nothing happens. Throttle is working according to the software. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by seojeff View Post
    I switched to Cleanflight today and I can't get the motors to spin up. Arming appears to work according to the LED but when I throttle up nothing happens. Throttle is working according to the software. Any ideas?
    Strange. Have you tested the motors in the motors tab (think it's that), not at a pc at the moment. Are you sure your transmitter is mapped correctly? Have you done your end points? Mavdnos may chime in shortly with any other suggestions.

Yes, I tried the motor test page - same results - no response.

Transmitter mapping is all correct according to the Receiver tab. I had to un-swap my rudder & throttle since I'm using a Taranis and had those swapped for Taulab version. All that went fine.

I noted the Low, Middle & High throttle values and added them on the Config tab also. I have watched the YouTube video a few times and also read the text version. I can't seem to figure out the issue.

I think I figured it out - I have not flashed OneShot to my ESCs. Will do that now.

I think I figured it out - I have not flashed OneShot to my ESCs. Will do that now.

Ahh yes. Do that and you'll be good to go. Mavdnos has linked his video which is good to follow

Thanks corporalbadger - that did it! Good thing I had one of those afro programmers lying around.

One other thing - during this process at one point I gave up and was trying to go back to Taulabs. I didn't have any luck. The Taulab GCS wouldn't recognize the board. Has anyone tested going back?

One other thing - during this process at one point I gave up and was trying to go back to Taulabs. I didn't have any luck. The Taulab GCS wouldn't recognize the board. Has anyone tested going back?
    Yes you can go back - you should be able to just click halt, open the TLFW file and flash. I have had issues in the past but you gotta be persistent to try and get it recognised