Page 3 of 446 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

haha, I like that idea. also, how about a BST-controlled fusion reactor?

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    sure. no reason that can't be done.

in that case I'd look into SMA magnet-mounts, we used those extensively while travelling the states in our car. Basically it's a antenna extension cable with a magnet-mounted socket.
    The magnet mount is okay if it's just primarily for convenience, but the longer coax would cause some loss. It would be awesome if you can also have those extension cables available soon for those wanting to use the Crossfire Tx this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    in that case I'd look into SMA magnet-mounts, we used those extensively while travelling the states in our car. Basically it's a antenna extension cable with a magnet-mounted socket.
    The reason i mount the TX on the roof is that i can run an extension ppm cable as i believe an antenna extension cable creates loss, but maybe things are different with the Crossfire and the SMA magnet mount works just fine without loss?
    LOS is for LOSers
    -chicken sashimi

TBS CROSSFIRE: The honey badger of UHF systems
    -Trappy

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    The magnet mount is okay if it's just primarily for convenience, but the longer coax would cause some loss. It would be awesome if you can also have those extension cables available soon for those wanting to use the Crossfire Tx this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBA View Post
    The reason i mount the TX on the roof is that i can run an extension ppm cable as i believe an antenna extension cable creates loss, but maybe things are different with the Crossfire and the SMA magnet mount works just fine without loss?
    there is a loss ... but with such a link budget, do you really care? in any case, having the antenna close to the roof which creates a bunch of bad reflections is way worse, no matter if it's SMA-mounted or PPM-mounted. In any case, you've got plenty of link budget, so it really doesn't matter that much.

Just ordered a diversity RX, TX and a full core pro gps set for my Z2 Trappy, Cant wait to give it a good run! should be an improvement on EzOSD and EzUHF

Awesome!

I'm going to be looking for a new LRS at some point. This might just be it!
    -Chris
    www.youtube.com/user/criccio

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    If it all ends badly this time, I'm quitting FPV and RC and taking up golf.

Navigator
    as the lte band 5 is in the frequency range of the crossfire, will it have any problems with that in crowded spaces?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fdd.jpg 
Views:	679 
Size:	496.7 KB 
ID:	64676

no, we tested this. our developers took a road trip out to germany, found a tower that was noisy on those frequencies, and tested the link to 3km or so on 10mW, then drove to a clean area, and got the same range. the self-healing aspects of the link really do play a role. the frequency allocation is similar here in Hong Kong, we fly a lot here and have tested the link in crowded spaces and always beat the competitor's systems (2.4 R/C links and UHF)

Navigator
    Couldn't see it in the pre-release manual, but can one use sbus input instead of cppm?

Would be great if you want to mount the crossfire on a tripod, with a x6r or similar sbus capable receiver as a bridge.

it can't do SBUS input, but it will be geting SBUS on the receiver side.