Page 2 of 463 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

It was speculated that the crossfire would have such a feature, but realistically this would have about doubled the development work.. Also its questionable what QoS/QoE you could get out of such a link. Maybe in the future the telemetry function can be used to transmit single snapshots at a time, but that's to be seen.
    Last edited by Xaser; 22nd July 2015 at 08:44 AM.

Two more videos, to be published in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hally1983 View Post
    Very nice indeed yeah thats tidy! Looks like a cracking product.

How about integrating a video feed in to that too? The whole lot in 1 module / receiver with an output for the goggs to plug in to.

Ha!
    would be great to tie video into that as well, but I don't think we would have enough bandwidth for that. for now, we are happy that we have a LRS, and we'll try and make it perfect, before we think about the next step(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaser View Post
    It was speculated that the crossfire would have such a feature, but realistically this would have about doubled the development work.. Also its questionable what QoS/QoE you could get out of such a link. Maybe in the feature the telemetry function can be used to transmit single snapshots at a time, but that's to be seen.
    I think it would have more than doubled the development work I haven't looked into it yet, but it seems like a difficult task to even get the latency down to a shitty 150ms

The TX and 8ch RX shows as "In stock". Are you shipping those two right away?
    | CW Aviation | TBS Discovery | Discovery PRO | Discovery PRO AerialMob | Gemini | Vendetta | G2 | Caipirinha | DJI S1000+ | Blackout Mini H | Hex | Alien 4" 5" 6" 7" | Helix 5" | Kraken 5R | FU-RC Kore | Sweepwings Runt | Flinch | Ritewing Zephyr XL | ZIII | Drak | Mini Drak | All Hardcores | Rite Spec | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |

hehe, little oversight. we're looking at 3-4 weeks right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    hehe, little oversight. we're looking at 3-4 weeks right now.
    just in time after vacation ends!

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    it comes with a Taranis module (it's included in the set ... let me add the photo )

thanks. easy to overlook with such a long list of features added!
    Trappy, can the JR module be separated by an extension cable from the Crossfire TX itself? It would be nice to put the TX on a pole or something to clear the fresnel and keep the antenna straight up and the pilot can stay under the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Trappy, can the JR module be separated by an extension cable from the Crossfire TX itself? It would be nice to put the TX on a pole or something to clear the fresnel and keep the antenna straight up and the pilot can stay under the shade.
    I would also be interested in this as well as i mount my EzUHF TX on the roof of my car for winter flying
    LOS is for LOSers
    -chicken sashimi

TBS CROSSFIRE: The honey badger of UHF systems
    -Trappy

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    sure. no reason that can't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by SUBA View Post
    I would also be interested in this as well as i mount my EzUHF TX on the roof of my car for winter flying
    in that case I'd look into SMA magnet-mounts, we used those extensively while travelling the states in our car. Basically it's a antenna extension cable with a magnet-mounted socket.

I have a feeling my order will keep growing in these 3-4 weeks as you said you will release other new stuff. Just thought of a new idea...How about a modular solar panel system that can talk to the Core Pro and feed some juice back to the system and have a separate OSD indicator. Actually there is no such plug&play system in the market. "TBS Solarpower used to reach the limits of TBS Crossfire...Why?...Because you can."
    | CW Aviation | TBS Discovery | Discovery PRO | Discovery PRO AerialMob | Gemini | Vendetta | G2 | Caipirinha | DJI S1000+ | Blackout Mini H | Hex | Alien 4" 5" 6" 7" | Helix 5" | Kraken 5R | FU-RC Kore | Sweepwings Runt | Flinch | Ritewing Zephyr XL | ZIII | Drak | Mini Drak | All Hardcores | Rite Spec | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |