Page 457 of 459 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459 LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 4584

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Quote Originally Posted by oukenfold View Post
    i just get my crossfire tbs, and i do not get rc signal, from my spektrum dx9, i use an external baterry to power the xfire, connet the jr cable and the transmitter boot up, the bound its ok, both are green,

but no rc signal, what can i do,

someone?
    Find a mono 3.5 mm plug and solder just the signal and ground to it. Works fine on my dx8
    Last edited by rallyon; 29th August 2017 at 11:28 AM.

I'm curious of something, I'm using an F4 flight controller using betaflight 3.2. I have a gps set up and working, I'm wondering if there is a way to use crossfire telemetry to send altitude back to my taranis. I know betaflight 3.2 doesn't seem to want to recognize or display gps based altitude, but maybe it's possible to forward it to my taranis?

I am wondering in a good RF environment with the big crossfire unit what kind of range should I expect with a mini quad with micro rx V2 over flat Texas terrain down low say just out of Frenzel zone?
    just curious because I'm getting warnings at under a mile with well installed new gear at 1/2 mile with dynamic power with 2watts avail.

I'm wondering if there's ever going to be a 433mhz version of Crossfire with bidirectional telemetry for us HAM guys. 900mhz is still really noisy from all the cellphone traffic here in the states.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny#9 View Post
    I am wondering in a good RF environment with the big crossfire unit what kind of range should I expect with a mini quad with micro rx V2 over flat Texas terrain down low say just out of Frenzel zone?
    just curious because I'm getting warnings at under a mile with well installed new gear at 1/2 mile with dynamic power with 2watts avail.
    Check your frequency.

Navigator
    What are you guys using as external power to the standard Crossfire Tx? Am I right assuming:

1.) 3.2W consumpition at max output power as per manual
    2.) 2s Lipo (nominal voltage 7.4V) as power via XT30
    3.) This results in a current draw of 444mA
    4.) Requested flight time is 3x 30mins, so needed capacity is 3h x 444mA = 1332mAh
    5.) To have at least 20% left in the battery, 1332 / 80% * 100% = 1665mAh

With some more reserves minimal pack size would be 1800 2s? Or better go with a 1100 3s?

I use a 3s 2650mah 1c lipo. goes all day no probs for me
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    Thanks. And you stick the pack where? To the Tx? Not disturbing weight wise?

yep its velcroed to the back of my futaba along with the xfire tx. I velcroe the lipo horizontally on the bottom and the xfire is velcroed vertically in the centre. its just a cheap turnigy tx lipo from hobby king. works like a charm. for some reason the site wont let me upload a pic. maybe sentry is afraid of what I may post LMAO
    flyin HIGH

Hi all,

Just got my Vendetta with Tango and Crossfire micro bundle (micro TX and mirco RX v2), and while playing with settings I've managed to turn off telemetry in RX settings.
    As I understood, it made link go from bidirectional mode to unidirectional, right? Problem is that I want to set up RSSI, but with telemetry being off I can not acccess RX setting from Tango anymore.
    I tried rebinding and upgrading/downgrading firmware for TX (which itself then updates RX) hoping that one of these would result in resetting setting, but no luck
    After couple hours of gooogling around I think that should be trivial with big Ccrossfire TX, but found no mention how to do it with micro TX

Is any way to enable telemetry back in my case?

Page 457 of 459 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459 LastLast