Page 434 of 461 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 4608

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizlimax View Post
    I updated all my equipment to be able to use the CRSF V2 telemetry features on my Taranis. Taranis is on 2.2 RC12, Crossfire is on 1.62, Colibri Race is on Betaflight 3.2.6 and FPVision Core Pro is on 1.72. All of them are the latest and in fact I even tried Colibri Race 3.2.6 CRSF (not really sure what the difference is from the regular 3.2.6) file yesterday through TBS Agent. Micro V2 RX is connected on UART1 of Colibri Race with 4 wires which is set to Serial RX and CRSF on Betaflight. CH1 is CRSF TX and CH2 is CRSF RX on the Micro V2. BST port of the Micro V2 RX is connected to FPVision and RX telemetry is showing on the OSD. All the sensors are functioning on the Taranis. My problem is that "RxBt", "Curr" and "Capa" figures alternate between the real value and "0" every 2 seconds. I already tried with a second FPVision and another Micro V2 and got the same results. Anybody has any idea how to fix this? Here is a quick video showing that. Thanks a lot.
    There is a bug in the firmware were telemetry doesn't get passed along properly. IIRC a bugfix is in the pipeline.

Altho this doesn't look like the same issue I had, when I wrote my Crossfire driver. Maybe Betaflight sends telemetry in a different order and causes it to look like that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Glowtape View Post
    There is a bug in the firmware were telemetry doesn't get passed along properly. IIRC a bugfix is in the pipeline.

Altho this doesn't look like the same issue I had, when I wrote my Crossfire driver. Maybe Betaflight sends telemetry in a different order and causes it to look like that instead.
    Further testing, I realized the values in the Battery Voltage section in Betaflight were all "0". The software normally does not even allow any value lower than "1"... Anyways, I set them to default values and now the numbers do the following. I guess you are right and there is a bug.

I also tried a Micro V1 RX with this setup connected to UART2 on Colibri Race and surprisingly those battery values are now stable and showing the correct numbers. I realize I'm using Beta firmware on almost everything, but I hope this issue gets fixed soon with the Micro V2 Telemetry.
    | CW Aviation | TBS Discovery | Discovery PRO | Discovery PRO AerialMob | Gemini | Vendetta | G2 | Caipirinha | DJI S1000+ | Blackout Mini H | Hex | Alien 4" 5" 6" 7" | Helix 5" | Kraken 5R | FU-RC Kore | Sweepwings Runt | Flinch | Ritewing Zephyr XL | ZIII | Drak | Mini Drak | All Hardcores | Rite Spec | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |

Quote Originally Posted by Hizlimax View Post
    Further testing, I realized the values in the Battery Voltage section in Betaflight were all "0". The software normally does not even allow any value lower than "1"... Anyways, I set them to default values and now the numbers do the following. I guess you are right and there is a bug.

I also tried a Micro V1 RX with this setup connected to UART2 on Colibri Race and surprisingly those battery values are now stable and showing the correct numbers. I realize I'm using Beta firmware on almost everything, but I hope this issue gets fixed soon with the Micro V2 Telemetry.
    You have two publisher for current sensor data. One is the FPVision board and the other one is the FC. I need to figure out how to solve this issue best. Is the issue gone if you disable the battery voltage monitoring option inside betaflight configurator?

I just tried my new tbs crossfire and I have to say I am completely blown away with the performance.

I tried it at 10 mw at my work. I placed the receiver inside my workplace, which is a room deep inside of a concrete building, at the floor level. I went outside and I walked around the building. There was a moment when between me and the building was a line of steel cargo containers and an old brick warehouse, the crossfire was at its minimum link quality but it was still linked. I've made this test several times with more power than 10 mw and industrial quality datalinks on similar frequencies, and this is the only system that hasn't lost link in that circuit around the building, and I insist, this test was at 10mw!

Just wanted to share it, can't wait to try it on the air.

Regards.

Hi team,
    quick question,
    when setting up crossfire and a Colibri v2 race (the ones in elite powercube)... is it normal that in betaflight I can only get it to work if I select ppm? I couldn't use either sbus or crossfire.
    Any disadvantage?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Perna View Post
    You have two publisher for current sensor data. One is the FPVision board and the other one is the FC. I need to figure out how to solve this issue best. Is the issue gone if you disable the battery voltage monitoring option inside betaflight configurator?
    Hi Perna, I disabled battery voltage and current sensor monitoring in betaflight. I also had to turn off Telemetry in betaflight and now the sensors are working correctly! They were interfering with each other like you said. Thanks a lot for the help.
    | CW Aviation | TBS Discovery | Discovery PRO | Discovery PRO AerialMob | Gemini | Vendetta | G2 | Caipirinha | DJI S1000+ | Blackout Mini H | Hex | Alien 4" 5" 6" 7" | Helix 5" | Kraken 5R | FU-RC Kore | Sweepwings Runt | Flinch | Ritewing Zephyr XL | ZIII | Drak | Mini Drak | All Hardcores | Rite Spec | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |

Quick question. If I put the Crossfire and JR adapter in my Taranis X9d, will I still be able to use the internal Taranis transmitter for other quads I have with X4R receivers without removing the Crossfire transmitter module?

Navigator
    The Taranis uses whatever transmitter you've enabled for the model selected.

The Crossfire transmitter also only gets powered, when the external module bay is enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Glowtape View Post
    The Taranis uses whatever transmitter you've enabled for the model selected.

The Crossfire transmitter also only gets powered, when the external module bay is enabled.
    To add to this, if you have a removable antenna on your Taranis then you can remove it if you have the internal module set to off as it won't be powered either.

It's a little easier to have the crossfire antenna in the correct orientation if you remove the taranis antenna.

Navigator
    The micro-RX seems to be pretty finicky. It appears after a bunch of crashes (on medium height grass and soft ground), I've my Taranis complaining about low and critical RSSI a lot again, and I can cause the quad to go into micro-failsaves again.

I suppose I'm gonna pack the new one I'm going to order in a little foam instead of ziptieing it directly to the frame, because it appears there's always something that gets knocked loose. IIRC someone posted in this thread in the past that these short range micro-failsaves are a symptom of a component being damaged. If it goes away with another receiver, it means it's not really robust in the current form. (--edit: Hope this isn't just a software regression I'm noticing now. There's plenty of people swearing on 1.09 being rock solid.)

Also, for acro stuff, we could really use a micro-RX with diversity.
    Last edited by Glowtape; 26th March 2017 at 04:03 PM.

Page 434 of 461 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444 ... LastLast