Page 473 of 479 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 4784

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Sounds like the antennas you got are cut just sightly too small - probably for 915 rather than 868. Not sure how well they're manufactured - I've never put one on an analyzer. I hope they're good as I am about to maiden my first full xfire rx. Not sure if they're done by precision machinery, buy a careful employee with a good caliper, or simply held down on a piece of plywood and chopped off next to a fat marker line by an angry guy with a machete, lol. I do know for the micro rx's, if you have an old rx, you need to trim it for 915 (they were all made for 868), but the newer ones have different color heat shrink on the actual antenna - gray for 915 ones sold in the US, and black for 868 ones sold elsewhere. Not sure about the other full sized antennas though.

Scott
    You true, they are too short...but why ... 1st batch production ? I bought this unit from HK. I will check the immortel-T I had with Nano rx and micro RX too. I know this kind of RF impedance meter is not so precise but the unit I have and RF explorer with directivity coupler give me nearly the same. Not an Agilant or Praxsym but enough to see how far we are from the truth...
    Usually there is no QA issue with TBS, I'm confident but...the 0.5% issue exist
    Last edited by macfly1202; 9th March 2018 at 01:42 PM.

I set up my wing with the tango, and micro crossfire with TBS servo adapter. Alieron and elevator work, esc beeps three times, but not the throttle?

I found the answer on FB, and it worked. If you are not using a FC, you will have to configure the micro v2 via XF TX. On XF TX, go to micro v2, Output map, and change channel 1 from PPM to Ch1.

Quote Originally Posted by ridenwind View Post
    I found the answer on FB, and it worked. If you are not using a FC, you will have to configure the micro v2 via XF TX. On XF TX, go to micro v2, Output map, and change channel 1 from PPM to Ch1.
    Just had to do that yesterday!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Not an expert, just follow direction well....

Navigator
    is it possible to make the xfire output no pulses for fail safe? running this with a taranis and pixhawk.

Are you using sbus ? If yes latest xf firmware 2.24 solve this I read. In my case using PPM. You still could record fail safe position with rc mode switch rtl engaged to store it. Hope it help.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by macfly1202 View Post
    Are you using sbus ? If yes latest xf firmware 2.24 solve this I read. In my case using PPM. You still could record fail safe position with rc mode switch rtl engaged to store it. Hope it help.
    I'm using single wire with taranis set to CSFR.

Do I have to set it to ppm?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
    I'm using single wire with taranis set to CSFR.

Do I have to set it to ppm?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Sorry I make a mistake, just checked now : update I spoke was about sbus crossfire for Vecor/microvector not crossfire itself.
    Actually I'm using PPM 12ch on Mini Talon but prepare another big plane with Pix and the Rx diversity. Haven't test sbus yet with crossfire but will do.

On APM 2.5 with a nano Rx I'm using PPM too without issue and mavlink throught telem2.

Is CSFR supported on Pix ? I wasn't aware of that...will check

Navigator
    Anyone observe telemetry issue with latest 2.24 firmware?
    I upgrade mine from 2.08 yesterday (was working perfectly OK, so the configuration should be fine?).
    But with 2.24, the down link SNR is really really bad.
    My Taranis complain telemetry lost just a few meters away from the quad.

And moving closer makes XF constantly switching between connecting and lost state.

I didn't fly too far because I don't know how good the up link is.
    However it does seem responding my controls.
    I guess the up link is somewhat usable, but the down link is not.

The problem seems gone when I revert back to 2.11.

I'm using the full size XF TX and Micro RX v2.
    Anything I should be looking for? Thanks.

-Jia
    Last edited by alexjx; 14th March 2018 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by macfly1202 View Post
    I just receive a crossfire diversity Rx to complete my nano and micro Rx.
    I wondering aboit the antenna : Are their 2 version of antenna because didn't see them anywhere :

look at that : 900mhz ! I'm using 868Mhz in Europe. Are there differeent antenna according to the place we buy them ?

For 868MHz, VSWR is really bad : 2.406 is really not good for an antenna, at 900Mhz we have 1.415 not bad but not good...

An explanation ? bad production units ?

thanks !

Attachment 78225Attachment 78226
    TBS answer on a ticket I open #736295:
    "This is correct. The Antennas are tuned to 900MHz to fit both frequency bands 915 and 868. " ...and I add : because 900 mhz is the average of (868+915) / 2 ??? ( = 891.5 ...)

So My personnal is conclusion : there is probably something better to do here...
    I saw this on TBS site :
    http://www.team-blacksheep.com/produ...ned_tx_antenna

Tuned for which frequency ??? 868 or 915 ? because tuned on an average is not tuned ... Really need some clarification from TBS please...
    Last edited by macfly1202; 15th March 2018 at 02:44 AM.