Page 406 of 460 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 4599

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
    Repeater= Use Horus internal TX > send to X4RSB on tripod, also Crossfire TX on Tripod wired whit X4RSB( they give 1-8Ch PPM out on Ch1).
    So send from Horus to X4R, they give data to Crossfire TX and sending to CFRX.
    So i dont need a long Wire between Horus and Tripod on the CrossfireTX sit.
    A few people use that whit Taranis and it working, but on Taranis is OpenTX, whit Horus i use FrSkyOS.
    need h> ttps://vimeo.com/191645365 Otherwise he shows the Video directly
    That's an interesting setup. Does it allow you to use a directional antenna or something? Or a bigger battery for the crossfire for more transmission power?

Navigator
    Yes, wenn Crossfire TX sit on Tripod u can use Yagis whit Tracker and a big battery for full Power.
    Ok Yagis maby dont need really, but CFTX on Tripod is much better, the Antenna is higher and external battery.
    When I sit on the chair is the antenna 40-50 cm over ground and shield the antenna behind me, so Crossfire on Tripod has some advantages.
    But has only the disadvantage it without repeater it with a long cable(10m) at the trainerport.
    Last edited by RedSky; 12th December 2016 at 03:36 AM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
    Hello TBS Team,
    i hope you can help me.
    my problem is, i not can use Horus(FrSkyOS) whit X4RSB as Repeater for Crossfire.
    I've actually done something similar with an OrangeRx with success. I suspect something is wrong with your CPPM signal. Do you have some flight control or other module to verify that the CPPM stream is OK?
    Did you flash the CPPM firmware from FrSky? See https://quadmeup.com/ppm-output-on-f...-sb-receivers/

Quote Originally Posted by Horsship View Post
    Do you have any videos of your 28 km flight to see how clear 2430 is? I fly 5.8 with a vas pepperbox and get 10.3 miles out. My plane battery limits my range. I have a cell tower half a mile away and get good signal with my video and no failsafes. I would like to fly using a 5.8 repeater, but I fly on 5.8 so I have to plug my dominators into my video receiver.
    If you can get 10.3 miles (16km) on a pepperbox then you are doing better than I on 5.8. 10km is a stretch for my 5.8 pepperbox on the best of days. Myimrc 13db patch seems to be on par with it and my CW 7 turn helicals are my best so far. I have a truerc vulcan and it doesn't seem to do any better either. No need for the repeater if you already on 5.8. I actually start off with the built in module and then after launch I sit down and plug in and then turn off the module. You can leave an omni on your dominators and when you come in for a landing turn your built in module back on before unplugging the ground station. Sometimes I leave them both on as it overlays them both so its like strange form of diversity.

As a interesting side note the other day I had my cell phone in my sweatshirt pocket and got a incoming text. When that happened my taranis started humming and clicking for 10 seconds or so. It was obvious that the phone was emitting a powerful enough signal that the taranis was picking up. Makes you wonder about the device you hold up to your head. :^)

My video post of the 28km was just a couple pages back:

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....l=1#post820658

Thanks for the reply. I also did this flight on the mini talon. I'm afraid my crossfire might mess with my 1.3 so I use 5.8.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by dmpriso View Post
    I've actually done something similar with an OrangeRx with success. I suspect something is wrong with your CPPM signal. Do you have some flight control or other module to verify that the CPPM stream is OK?
    Did you flash the CPPM firmware from FrSky? See https://quadmeup.com/ppm-output-on-f...-sb-receivers/
    i have both testet=
    Version : 151118 / UpdateTime : 2015-11-18 = X4R_LBT_build151118 is for X4R and X4RSB with CPPM function already integrated<< whit the problem(Video)
    Version : 150729 / UpdateTime : 2015-07-29 = X4R-X4RSB-CPPM-EU Version<< can not bind the X4RSB.

Whit X6R and L9R no problem whit Horus, they work good.

Navigator
    @RedSky: with the version from the video, could you test if normal servo output works on the X4R? Just to verify correct binding.
    Which mode do you use for binding?

I also remember that there was one frsky firmware version with strange PPM behaviour ...
    Personally I only use D4RII receivers, is that an option for you?

Quote Originally Posted by benjie2 View Post
    I tried flying this morning with an LC filter on the power input to my 2.3GHz VRx, but that made very little difference. I think that adding either a 915MHz notch filter, or a ~1.5GHz High pass filter to the VRx antenna will be the most helpful. Still waiting on receiving those...
    I flew this morning with a new VHF-1300+ high-pass filter on my VRx antenna, and my crossfire noise is gone!

Link: https://www.minicircuits.com/MCLStor...51505757196987

I'm using my crossfire on 915MHz, and video on 2305MHz.

I only had space to fly out to about 4km this morning, but video was still crystal clear. Before, I was having bad video noise starting at just under 1km, and had to turn back at about 2.5km. I haven't tried the TBS notch filters yet, but I assume they would work well too. Both types of filters claim to reduce 915MHz by about 30db. I wanted to use a high-pass instead, because I also want it to block 433MHz and 1280MHz.

Happy camper!

Navigator
    Why not a highpass with a higher frequency, you could have had around 60db attenuation on 900MHz (?)

Navigator
    Sometimes when disconnecting the lipo from the quad the Crossfire goes into Find Mode. What am I doing doing incorrectly to make it go into Find Mode?

Page 406 of 460 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456 ... LastLast