Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AIMDROIX Blackbird 250

AIMDROIX Blackbird 250

So I just bought one of these frames try out. Has anyone else out there purchased one or already flying one?

Navigator
    I am, quite like it so far, are you having an issue?

Just built the frame...may get it flying by the weekend. Planning cc3d fc with clean flight

Navigator
    Same setup here, so we can compare notes!

Hey do you guys have a good set up for the blackbird. you keen to share your PIDs if you do. Im using a naze32 in cleanflight. Ive just come over from open pilot and it was alot easier to tune in there. I dont really know what im doing so it would take me ages. it was wobbling but i think Ive fixed that now. Just need to perfect it.

Quote Originally Posted by k_mcmanemin View Post
    Hey do you guys have a good set up for the blackbird. you keen to share your PIDs if you do. Im using a naze32 in cleanflight. Ive just come over from open pilot and it was alot easier to tune in there. I dont really know what im doing so it would take me ages. it was wobbling but i think Ive fixed that now. Just need to perfect it.
    Post an screen shot of your PIDS and I'll be able to help you on your setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionman View Post
    So I just bought one of these frames try out. Has anyone else out there purchased one or already flying one?
    Ok so here its is, Finally got to put together the Blackbird....E-Max 2204, Bullnose Props preferred, CC3D "might try clean flight later" 5.8 Lumenier Video TX and RMRC 700XVN FPV Cam. Mobius for HD...

https://youtu.be/6tlNH0wA93w
    Last edited by Fusionman; 17th August 2015 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionman View Post
    Ok so here its is, Finally got to put together the Blackbird....E-Max 2204, Bullnose Props preferred, CC3D "might try clean flight later" 5.8 Lumenier Video TX and RMRC 700XVN FPV Cam. Mobius for HD...

https://youtu.be/6tlNH0wA93w
    Nice video. From the video, the PIDS looks pretty good and you can also notice how well the damping balls works isolating the vibrations of the frame. The image look perfect.

Aerial Dilettante
    Just started building one as well...

A friend of mine who designs aircraft – Aeropract in the Ukraine – suggested NOT to tilt both front and back motors but only the rear pair. He suggested that the flight would be more stable in this configuration.Has anyone had any experience of their Blackbird with / without tilted motors in this manner..?

As with the EVO, I found that there was a part missing – one of the transversal black-tube stabilisers. Unfortunately – and unlike the excellent manual that the Manufacturer supplies online for the EVO, the Blackbird's images – as shown online and which seemingly pass for a "manual" – are pretty crap: and so assembly, whilst not complicated, does require a little imagination as well as a little bit of refining in terms of scraping away small areas to allow for a perfect fit.

Its all part of the fun, isn't it...? )

I'm using 2000 Kva T-Motors, the extended arms and 6" CF props 20 Amp Lumenier SimonK mini ESCs...Intend to run it with 5200 mAh x 4S x 10C ... The larger battery has required a modification as it simply doesn't fit (unsurprisingly!!) – and so I'm mounting the whole unit on a pair of Align 600 series Helicopter skids so that the LiPo can hang beneath.

Definitely not the profile of a "race" machine – but then again this is not my intention. I'm looking for range, flight time and discretion.

Using a Mobius for the Vid recording and a Sony 960H EffioV 800 TV lines with 3.6mm lens for the FPV.

Flight Controller: SPRacing3 – RX 2.4 Ghz. ImmersionRc 600 mw VTX @ 5.8 Ghz (for the signal strength), Nimrod Antenna on aircraft (Horizon UK), FR632 Diversity RX with Nimrod and Mini Blackhawk antennas (Horizon UK) on Base Station with optional wired-in Fatshark Dominator goggles. FLYTREX Data-logging and tracking, G4-based online security "flight follower".

Intended flight profile – 1.0 > 1.5 kms.

Lets see how it all works out – will post pics when completed.

Thought I might try that...with both motors tilted it cruises fast and does not want to stop.