Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: So what's a TBS Crossfire?

not even sure if we can read HOTT on the receiver. possibly not. you'd use this for what exactly?

Based on your reply perhaps I'm not understanding how this all works.

I'd like to see the available telemetry data presented on my Graupner MZ18 TX when using the Crossfire TX module, if that's possible.

If not I'm pretty excited about this product anyway.

probably can't be done, there is no data port going into the Graupner like on the Taranis.

Please excuse my ignorance a lot of this stuff is new to me. I have been looking into a UHF system recently and am pretty excited about this product.

I'm wondering; would it be possible for this system to work with the apm2.6 and minimOSD on my discovery?? I want to be able to display the telemetry data/RSSI.
    ~Frank
    NEPPV^

you will need a TBS BlackBox to feed back the telemetry to the transmitter. the MinimOSD can read PWM RSSI I believe, so that will work once we have the software update out that provides this feature (thinking it should make it into the unit once they ship)

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    you will need a TBS BlackBox to feed back the telemetry to the transmitter. the MinimOSD can read PWM RSSI I believe, so that will work once we have the software update out that provides this feature (thinking it should make it into the unit once they ship)
    Sounds simple enough, thanks for the answer! I'll be sure to get the crossfire; I'm very glad I was dragging my feet on the 433 system
    ~Frank
    NEPPV^

Navigator
    ok since immersionrc doesn't want to add no pulse failsafe to their ezuhf rx, count me in for two crossfire rx/tx sets.

I didn't see if this was asked, but is the output end of the tx protected in case of a brain fart and powering it up with out an antenna or dummy load?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerwiser View Post
    I didn't see if this was asked, but is the output end of the tx protected in case of a brain fart and powering it up with out an antenna or dummy load?
    no, not protected. on 25mW however it won't be such a big problem. regardless, any video transmitter should not be powered up without an antenna connected.

Is it possible to change the output power on the Crossfire Transmitter via one of the switches on a Taranis? I mean, the Ezuhf has a "panic" button if you fly into trouble and wanna make sure you can bring you stuff home.