www.immersionrc.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Help. Basic problem setting up vortex

Navigator
    ok so it seems like it could be in the tx. maybe end points are not set right. maybe set up a new model in radio but don't set anything and run the vortex wizard again. i don't know anything about the dx9 sorry. but it seems like the quad is seeing some sort of throttle input. make sure all trims are neutral

Okay I'll try that.
    Last edited by Dizzy D; 6th July 2015 at 11:08 PM.

Navigator
    ok now that you have that checked, did you try and arm the quad? put throttle bottom right corner?

No that didn't work. All my end points and sub trims are set to default. But I did figured something out, if I change the "minimum throttle" from 1100 to 1000 and the "minimum command" from 1015 to 915 the motors don't spin when I arm it unless I give it throttle, but now there is another problem, at no throttle if I tilt the quad, the motors on the down side of the tilt spin as if trying to compensate like it would when it's flying. Couple questions, in CleanFlight where should the min throttle, mid throttle, max throttle, and min command be set at? Mine were at 1100 1500 1900 and 1015. Also, should the ONESHOT125 box be checked because mine is checked.
    By the way, thank you so much for taking the time and helping through this. I would have pulled my hair out by now if I was trying this on my own

Navigator
    i think the motors trying to compensate would be normal in angle mode and maybe horiz mode. i am not sure about he other questions. hopefully someone else can chime in.

Does anybody know what these default settings should be in cleanflight?: on the Configuration tab, at the top on the right side of the page there is the "Minimum Throttle, Middle Throttle, Maximum Throttle, and Minimum Command. Mine were 1100, 1500, 1900, and 1015.

Setup Vortex Issues...PLEASE HELP!!!

I just got my new vortex yesterday but i haven't received my FPV gear yet so i was wondering is there anyway that i can setup the quad without having to use the OSD? is there anyway to set it up by connecting it to my PC through cleanflight or through the ImmersionRC tools?

i went to my local hobby store and the guy had set it up for me with his FPV but after i got home i was trying to set up my dx6i to switch into angle mode instead of horizon and i did something which messed it up so i rebooted the quad while holding the button next to the LEDs (for 8 seconds) thinking that would help (like a dummy)....

the receiver tab in cleanflight doesnt look like it used to when it was working.... all the modes are at 1500 except for roll which keeps twitching down from 1500 to around 1488~ every few seconds without any kind of input from me and they wont respond to any kind of input from the Tx (like throttle, yaw, etc...i mention this because earlier when it was working i could see those options respond (in cleanflight under receiver tab) whenever i input anything from my DX6i)..

please help me in anyway possible...i had such a blast flying it earlier today and now i dont know what to do to get it back to how i had it.....i'm using a LemonRx and a DX6i Tx...i know its binded, i'm pretty sure my problem is setting up the channels in the Wizard, seeing as its super hard without being able to see the OSD....

you seem knowledgable in all things Vortex so i figured i'd ask u first....ANY HELP is greatly appreciated...thank you....

Navigator
    You didn't actually say.... but do you mean that you don't have an FPV viewing device.

Some things you can set through cleanflight, like assigning channels/switches for the flight modes and so on, but most of the relevant stuff is done through the OSD interface.

A lot of effort has gone into making this convenient to configure for flyers in the field, so they don't have to connect a laptop to the aircraft when they want to change the profile or change a clashing xTX channel. Not only that, I find it useful during a flight to get OSD info about how much battery life I have left before I damage the battery or the aircraft.

I think you should look around at cheap monitor/receiver options if you dont already have something to do this.

Navigator
    The only way I could imagine doing it would be to find a video on the setup sequence and just try guess the steps. It's pretty simple to do it with osd. But I'm sure there are fliers close by where are you.

Navigator
    Great thread. Thanks all.