www.immersionrc.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vortex flight modes

So here's a question then. If you're flying in acro/airm, you're gonna get bounce when landing, so what is the common procedure to land? Just disarm when youre close to the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by srhadden View Post
    So here's a question then. If you're flying in acro/airm, you're gonna get bounce when landing, so what is the common procedure to land? Just disarm when youre close to the ground?
    I switch to Angle mode - Airmode I have set up only with Acro and Horizon modes. Easy to program with the switch settings.

By the way - I have no idea what happened once, when I switched to Angle mode - I couldn't manage a landing....

https://youtu.be/d-QzCVBCFms

Maybe the accelerometer was not calibrated....

Maybe I need to learn more to fully understand. Could I ask another question? From my OSD I see Acro/AirM. So this means I'm running in acro mode with AirM? Meaning at zero throttle I will have control.

So if I just have it say "Acro" mode and not Acro/AirM, then I would think it would be safer to land in plain Acro mode. That is how I land my vortex 285, in acro mode.

I'm reluctant to try angle mode or horizon mode because when I switch to those modes on the ummagawd edition I get some scary sounding idle on the ground and the quad is practically wanting to take off at zero throttle. :-O

That's why I want to stay away from that modes! . It just sounds weird before I take off if I am in anything but acro mode.

Are you running one of the pro-tuned profiles?

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericksan View Post
    By the way - I have no idea what happened once, when I switched to Angle mode - I couldn't manage a landing....

https://youtu.be/d-QzCVBCFms

Maybe the accelerometer was not calibrated....

No using profile 1, which was stock beginners profile I think.

You should put arming on a switch, as soon as you hit the ground you dissarm. That's the way to land. If you fly enought it will become a reflex . The UG sounds weird beceause it's pids are not tuned for stabelise modes.

That's why I want to stay away from that modes! . It just sounds weird before I take off if I am in anything but acro mode.

Are you running one of the pro-tuned profiles?
    Maybe you are right and I came into a zero throttle situation since Airmode is off at Angle and therefore I came into trouble catching the bird again?

Saved for future use

Navigator
    Good thread. Thanks.