www.immersionrc.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vortex flight modes

Vortex flight modes

When I switch fly modes they change on the OSD but no change in flight characteristics, it seems that it's in Acro mode all the time? What am I missing?

How are your profiles set up in cleanflight?

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....x-flight-modes
    Last edited by RonSII; 4th June 2015 at 02:50 AM. Reason: added link

All default, set to Profile 1 and Pro tune 1

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by weeeza View Post
    All default, set to Profile 1 and Pro tune 1

Because most of the pro tunes are not even configured to work in all modes, only acro really.

Shame they dont tell you that, been a lot of chrashes when people switch modes and expect some stabilization.

The whole pro tune thing is a bit of a waste of time, would be far better to have several tunes for different prop/battery/camera setups that work well in all modes as a good starter rather that something highly specific to a pro flyer, maybe people think pro tunes will make them fly like all the pre release videos made by the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by markab View Post
    Because most of the pro tunes are not even configured to work in all modes, only acro really.

Shame they dont tell you that, been a lot of chrashes when people switch modes and expect some stabilization.

The whole pro tune thing is a bit of a waste of time, would be far better to have several tunes for different prop/battery/camera setups that work well in all modes as a good starter rather that something highly specific to a pro flyer, maybe people think pro tunes will make them fly like all the pre release videos made by the pros.
    So which one can I choose to have angle/horizon modes work?

Strongly disagree, the pro tune profiles will set the Vortex up to the specifics of the pilot's profile selected. This makes much of the tuning and fiddling with PIDs a thing of the past as it is set up properly from the get-go. For example I was flying like Ummagawd minutes after selecting his profile.

The downside is obviously that you have to have piloting skills before you can start doing that. There's no shortcuts here, you don't suddenly fly like Ummagawd just because you selected his profile.
    Purveyor of the FPV secret sauce at ImmersionRC

Instructor Pilot
    Bwahahah, sander flying like ummagawd... Suuuuure buddy, just so long as there are no lamp posts near by huh?

^^ heh heh .... 'For example I was flying like Ummagawd minutes after selecting his profile. ' he forgot to add ' for all of 3 seconds until I hit the lamp post'

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
    Strongly disagree, the pro tune profiles will set the Vortex up to the specifics of the pilot's profile selected. This makes much of the tuning and fiddling with PIDs a thing of the past as it is set up properly from the get-go. For example I was flying like Ummagawd minutes after selecting his profile.

The downside is obviously that you have to have piloting skills before you can start doing that. There's no shortcuts here, you don't suddenly fly like Ummagawd just because you selected his profile.
    Yes but do you not think it would have been worth spending some more time developing some fully working basic profiles for obvious setup's first. I have still a lot of practice to do to get any where need good, but it would be more valuable to me to have some good solid base profiles I can tune from as I progress.

I think if a pilot can fully take advantage of the pro tunes they are probably experienced enough to tune it up how they would like anyway.

Any of the pro tunes I have tried with the suggested prop, battery and camera combination I have generally found bad oscillation, yaw out or lean so I am not quite sure what I am supposed to get out of them anyway.

Yes but do you not think it would have been worth spending some more time developing some fully working basic profiles for obvious setup's first.
    There's several, the stock profile is very docile and anyone with some typical quad or RC-heli flying experience will be able to fly it. If your experience is limited to flying a Phantom in GPS mode exclusively you're better off practicing in ATTI or manual mode on that first.

The Vortex is a race quad, it requires the pilot to at least have some prior experience, lacking that it indeed will be difficult to handle.
    Purveyor of the FPV secret sauce at ImmersionRC