Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Lumenier Mini 20A ESC w/ SimonK AutoShot, 5V/1A BEC (2-4s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimd View Post
    I can't get these ESC's to calibrate, and now the motors are not spinning up together. They were previously in sync, so I'm guessing that I've messed them up with one of my failed attempts. The reason I was trying this is because I'm want to reach that next level of tuning, and get the quad to fly more smoothly. I had never tried calibrating the ESC's before because GetFPV said it's not recommended. I was thinking it was worth a try because lately it just does not feel locked in despite many PID tuning adjustments. Note: I've already tried changing out any suspect motors and ESC's with new ones, and re-checking my soldering.

I've been trying all day to get them calibrated by following the procedure: Connect to CF. Go to Motors tab and turn on motor test switch in UI. Turn up Master slider to max and plug battery into quad. Lower Master slider to minimum. The quad is completely unresponsive to this - no beeps or anything. I've tried repeating this a dozen times on different computers, different USB cables, etc... even tried the CLI method.

ANY help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jim

Here's my setup:
    - QAV210
    - Taranis X9D
    - FatShark Dominator V2
    - Naze32 Flight Controller Acro
    - Cobra CM-2204 2300kv
    - Lumenier Mini 20A ESC w/ SimonK AutoShot
    - Lumenier CM-650 Mini
    - Lumenier TX5G6 Mini 600mW
    - FrSky X4R-SBus
    - Gemfan 5x4.5 Bullnose Propeller - Nylon Glass Fiber
    - Lumenier 1300mAh 4s 60c
    - Betaflight PID controller 1 (default settings)

Well, GetFPV indicates calibrating these ESCs at your own risk for a reason.

The only thing I can suggest is buy 4 more ESCs, solder them to your PDB and skip any calibration this time. Endpoints are preset in the firmware so you can configure endpoints (1060us - 1860us) manually in setup software.

Navigator
    It seems to be better now, I think all of the motors are starting at the same time now... However it's difficult to be sure because I think the endpoints are off now. When I arm it, (I like motor stop off so I can do 'float' moves), the motors spin much faster now than before... Enough for the quad to lift off the ground slightly. For now, I'm going to just turn on motor stop and use 'air mode' instead.

Another strange thing I noticed is with the Taranis. On the Receiver tab, my min/max for all channels is 987/2011. I'm not sure what the 'best practice' is to get this in sync with CF. Anyone know? If I find out on my own, I'll post it.

Thanks, Jim

I have had these for a while now, but would like to update the firmware to BlHeli. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Cheers
    Erwin

I am a bit of a noob, but don't linear ESCs typically have a heatsink attached to them because they get rid of the unused power as heat when all 4 are plugged into the FC with the power cable? Which makes it safe for the user to plug all of them straight in without having to remove 3 of the red cables first? I opened my 20a minis up and there is no heatsink, so I assumed they are switched. I have been just using one of the four power cables to go into my Naze and it works fine. The Looptime and PIDs is what I am still having huge issues with. My motors sputter like crazy.

Hello
    Sorry for reviving an old thread but I can't seem to find an answer to my question anywhere so I signed up to this forum.

Whenever I power up my mini-quad the motors start to beep very rapidly for about 20 seconds

so first there is the three start up beeps
    then there is about a second or two of silence
    then the motors start beeping for about 20 seconds. I can arm the motors and they spin up fine but if I disarm the motors continue to beep for the remainder of the 20 seconds
    This is not really an issue as everything works fine and I have flown multiple batteries over the time that I have owned the autoshot 20a esc's but it annoys me everytime I connect a battery and I have never seen anyone else have to wait for the beeping to stop

I have tried calibrating all the ESC's with the Kiss software
    I have lowered the min command all the way to 900 by doing -10 at a time with no difference
    I have lowered the min throttle to 990 with no change

My setup
    Kiss FC
    Luminier Mini 20a on oneshot 125 - they do not work with Oneshot 42 or PWM though they do not beep either
    TBS Silk motors, the same thing happened before when I was using the SunnySky motors
    FrSky X4R-SB
    Taranis

Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Thank you