VideoAerialSystems

Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1162

Thread: Banshee (Specter Mini) Build & Info

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingOutdoors View Post
    Would a folding prop work? Which one would you recommend? I notice my plane doesn't glide very well. I have a prop saver on the motor shaft so I don't break any props landing.
    I can't imagine that a folding prop would do anything for the Banshee other than make it less efficient. You're right that it doesn't glide well. It's not really meant to fly unpowered. However, you can do some fairly efficient power combos that will give it some legs, but the Banshee is more fun to fly fast and low. The Banshee does not control well at slow speeds, so just keep the power on until you land. Have fun it's a great plane!

Navigator
    Finally got mine out again and it's the best plane.

I did manage to break the motor mount on the subsequent flight and will probably use that as an excuse to do a bunch of upgrades. Power train (4S woot!), FPV gear and then some aerodynamic make-up.

Navigator
    I broke my motor mount pretty early on also. If you have a 3d printer this works great. I have a cobra 2217 strapped to it with no issues.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1330916

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by maktek View Post
    I broke my motor mount pretty early on also. If you have a 3d printer this works great. I have a cobra 2217 strapped to it with no issues.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1330916
    Hah, yeah that'll never break. This was my second mount and given what it's been through, I don't blame it for braking. It's also a 3D printed mount, but I don't think I ever uploaded it anywhere, but talking to Ibcrazy back then, it made sense having some flex in the mount, rather than beating up the motor.
    Thanks though!

Navigator
    So, decided to clean up all the electronics and in the process stripped off all the old laminate on the front..and realized that the foam was in excellent condition:

I figured I might as well carry on and do a complete refurbishment and proceeded with completely dismantling it:

Given the amount of abuse it's been exposed to over the last 2 years, I'm amazed how good condition it's in. A couple of minor cracks and that's it...and that's from a 'hold my beer' plane.
    A bit of glue, a new layer of laminate and this thing will be as good as new.

Navigator
    I am in the process of doing a complete overhaul on mine currently. Stripped off all the old laminate, repaired come cracks and missing foam and added some new paint. What an awesome airframe. One of my favorite planes.

Navigator
    Any tips for removing old welders? Struggling to clean up a mixture of laminate and welders on the inside of the booms (where they mounted to the wings).

Navigator
    Slowly getting there. Still need to finish off the tail. (not glued on here) and the battery cover is not the final version either:

Plan was to also print a new tail assembly, but even using nylon, I simply couldn't get it light enough and it ended up more than twice as heavy as the coroplast one.
    Most of the electronics has been replaced.
    Power train is now a Strix Cobra 2217/2300kv and a Aerostar 65A ESC. The Aerostar is only a few grams heavier than the 60A Cobra Wing ESC and I had one lying around.
    Foxeer Predator Camera + Mach 1 VTX keeps the FPV side real simple. I'll add a small step-down, so that I can run 6S, as the Mach 1 is max 24v, although for now I just plan to use 2200mAh 4S.

youtube.com/channel/UCM9fX_ZdQtg2bSl_Y37oiFw

Hitting trees, through the trees.

What do people use instead of the stock bent plastic motor mounts? Do those SBA aluminium units work well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk