Thread: Mechanical IPD range of Dominator V2

Mechanical IPD range of Dominator V2

I'm looking at buying either Dominator V2's or Attitude V2's. The thing influencing my decision the most is the IPD range.
    My own IPD is 59mm and the Attitude specs list 59mm minimum and the Dom V2's and Dom HD's list 57mm minimum.
    I saw a post by Greg about the Dom HD's here saying "The mechanical IPD range was reduced from 57mm to 61 mm (2mm either side) due to mechanical interferrence with the LCD tail."
    I'm wondering if that is also true for the Dom V2's?
    I tried to send Greg a PM about it but it seems his inbox is full.
    I'm not that worried about a slightly lesser image quality in the Attitudes as long as I get goggles that can have a "real" IPD of 59mm.

Instructor Pilot
    The IPD adjustment on the V2s are nothing like the DominatorHD. They are far more forgiving, and I do not have the Attitudes anymore (used to own them), but I am 99.99% sure the V2 will be your best bet.
    And the image quality is also better on the V2s too. Not so much in details but night and day on colors and brightness. A no-brainer in my view, go for the Dominator V2.

Quote Originally Posted by daggad View Post
    The IPD adjustment on the V2s are nothing like the DominatorHD. They are far more forgiving, and I do not have the Attitudes anymore (used to own them), but I am 99.99% sure the V2 will be your best bet.
    And the image quality is also better on the V2s too. Not so much in details but night and day on colors and brightness. A no-brainer in my view, go for the Dominator V2.
    Thanks for the reply. I read that the V2s have a much larger pupil entrance diameter alright, I'd still like to know if the mechanical IPD has changed from the 57mm that it says on the specs though.
    It may not be something you've noticed, but when you set your IPD on the V2's did you notice whether you had more adjustment left towards the centre than you had with the Attitudes?
    Probably not something you'd notice if your IPD was towards the centre of the range but said I'd ask anyway.
    Last edited by coreire; 9th March 2015 at 07:32 PM.

Instructor Pilot
    That would be impossible to measure I guess. I can tell you the V2 are a lot less fussy about IPD than the Attitudes.
    I recommend you search in your area if there are any Dom V2 owners that would let you could try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by daggad View Post
    That would be impossible to measure I guess. I can tell you the V2 are a lot less fussy about IPD than the Attitudes.
    I recommend you search in your area if there are any Dom V2 owners that would let you could try them out.
    If I come across anyone with a pair I'll ask but FPV isn't that common in my area.
    Hopefully Greg will spot the thread at some point and let me know the IPD range of the V2's.

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/helpscout.n...anual-RevD.pdf

That has the last revised specs in it for the v2's .
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/helpscout.n...anual-RevD.pdf

That has the last revised specs in it for the v2's .
    Thanks for that, if they're the final specs it's 57mm so.
    Dominator V2's it is then. Will keep an eye on Hobbyking to see when they restock.

Quote Originally Posted by coreire View Post
    Thanks for that, if they're the final specs it's 57mm so.
    Dominator V2's it is then. Will keep an eye on Hobbyking to see when they restock.
    Old thread I know, but to inform others... out of curiosity I measured the actual IPD on my Dom V2 and it is 61mm. My eyes measure 58mm so though the image appears sharp and aligned enough not to be an issue for me, if I mod the goggles to get a smaller IPD they may appear even sharper.
    I've also tried Dom HD2, HD3 and the SE Orange goggles FS released, and the 61mm IPD on these larger FOV sets cause enough blur to make me feel ill.