Page 413 of 413 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413
Results 4,121 to 4,123 of 4123

Thread: HeadPlay HD FPV Headset w/ 40ch 5.8GHz Receiver - In Stock at GetFPV.com

Navigator
    Hi All,
    It looks like the original HeadPlay HD FPV Headset has been replaced by this HeadPlay Headset.
    Regards,
    Congreve1812

My Clearview Mod

Finally got around to fixing up the Headplays. I originally had the Clearview Pro mounted on the front of the Headplays but I found it really added to the weight. Pulled out the Headplay's internal vRX and added an aluminum bracket to hold the Clearvew more over my head. I now hardly notice the added weight. Added a DVR while I was at it. Both the DVR and the Clearveiw Pro is powered by the Headplay's battery. I can easily switch from Live mode to DVR mode by using the regular 'source' button on the HP. Works great!

For those that have never used the Clearview before, it's a whole different experience. Expensive yeah but I've found it to be well worth the extra money and I'd never go without it now, especially if you ever fly in a warehouse or parkade where there's lots of multipath. All traces of multipath literally disappear. You also get much better range with these than conventional receivers. There's nothing out there that can come close IMHO.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1474.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	76414Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPtop.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	537.5 KB 
ID:	76415Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1471 copy.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	391.9 KB 
ID:	76416
    TBS Discovery Pro (X2) - Hoverthings FlipFPV - MK Hexa - Blade 350 QX2 AP - Titan Tricopter - Xhover MXP230 Elite CF - Blackout Mini-H - Minion Mini-H - IRC Vortex 250 Pro - TBS Vendetta - Shuriken X1 - Dquad - RotorX Atom V3 - Xhover MXP200B - Phantom 3 Pro

Headplay Diagonal Lines with an External Receiver; The Fix!

I recently had a buddy of mine work on this issue for me. With my Clearview mod (shown above), I was powering the Clearview and HPs with the same battery and the diagonal lines was driving me crazy. He reversed engineered the Headbox and this is what he found:

"There are 2 audio channels and the PCB simply has one Audio In label.

Anyway, I know what the problem is which is that the headplays switching power supplies create a lot of noise on the battery voltage and that the receiver relies on the DC Input ground lead for the video ground. This leaves all the battery voltage noise following through the DC ground lead which generates a noise voltage across the lead (due to its resistance) which then becomes added to the video signal.

There's only 2 ways to fix this. The easiest is to simply use a separate battery to power the receiver, but it would be so much nicer of course to have everything run off the same battery so I'll try to come up with something to use for the second solution, which is to use a filter on the receiver power leads to remove the noise.

As for why the headplay receiver doesn't have this problem - I'm guessing it's because it's powered from the head plays filtered 5VDC output. Switching power supply designs almost always include a filter that filters the output noise to a suitable level, but little attention is usually given to the noise that's generated on the DC input side as it's assumed anything else being powered by the same DC supply will also have a switching supply to supply it with filtered power like your receiver has (in this case, the Clearview Pro), although it doesn't help in this case with same ground being used for both, the receiver DC power and video output ground.

I was a bit surprised to see the video output jack ground not being used, although it wouldn't help much when both, the headplay and receiver, are powered from the same source as the video ground would be tied to the DC input ground somewhere inside the receiver. But for those that decide to use a separate battery to power each unit it would save having to run a ground wire to the DC input ground for the video ground needed rather than being able to simply use the video output cable shield.

Anyway, you may want to pass this on to everyone else that's having this problem to save them a lot of time and frustration as no amount of shielding or moving wires around is going to help and what's needed is to either use a separate battery to power the receiver or a proper filter to remove the noise on the receivers DC input power.

The fix:
    A 100 uH inductor in the power lead to the external receiver clears up 99% of the lines. At first I thought it was 100% but if you look hard you can still see a few real weak ones at times which I believe are from the receiver itself. At least the ones from the headplay switching power supplies are gone."

This not only pertains to the Clearview, but any external receiver connected to AV2 (if you're seeing the diagonal lines.

Thanks to Barry VE6SBS for the fix.

Bear
    TBS Discovery Pro (X2) - Hoverthings FlipFPV - MK Hexa - Blade 350 QX2 AP - Titan Tricopter - Xhover MXP230 Elite CF - Blackout Mini-H - Minion Mini-H - IRC Vortex 250 Pro - TBS Vendetta - Shuriken X1 - Dquad - RotorX Atom V3 - Xhover MXP200B - Phantom 3 Pro