Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: MAYMIDROIX - Building of a AIMDROIX EVO ONE

  1. #1

    MAYMIDROIX - Building of a AIMDROIX EVO ONE

    MAYMIDROIX,

    Beginning a fresh AIMDROIX quad build. Starting with a proven EVO ONE frame kit sourced from the AIMDROIX user group (Thanks much to Chad2323). The plan is to build a +20min. per flight platform incorporating a FY-G3 3-axis (186grams = 6.56 oz.) gimbaling a Go Pro 3+ or 4. Of course it’ll be outfitted with all the necessary video, OSD, etc. equipment for ground station monitoring and mission planning.

    Weight of this naked frame with stock DJI arms = 422.4g = 14.9 oz.

    There is an understanding that every build is a balance of compromises.

    That being said this build is looking for:
    1 - Flight duration(+20min.)
    2 - Smooth stable cinematic platform
    3 - As much performance possible for chasing fast moving boats ( 20 - 30 mph ) in open water conditions.
    4 - While at the same time having the ability to capture stable close-up shots for those oh, so sexy shots.

    This is asking a bit much but after much study and conversation with EVO ONE owners this frame looks to be just the ticket.

    What I hope to gain from this conversation and your experience with the EVO ONE:
    1 - Motor, Prop, esc and battery combination to fill my needs.
    2 - To gain knowledge of any mods, tweaks and tricks from those flying EVO ONE's.
    3 - To build and fly a quad that can get the shots that everyone talks about.
    4 - Most important… having loads of fun shooting gorgeous footage while flying a sick quad.

    Please, any and all chime in.

    Thanks much,

    — Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EVO ONE - 2015.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	256.2 KB 
ID:	57584  
    Last edited by SouthernManRC; 27th January 2015 at 12:49 AM.

  2. #2

    Bump...

    Bump...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernManRC View Post
    MAYMIDROIX,

    Beginning a fresh AIMDROIX quad build. Starting with a proven EVO ONE frame kit sourced from the AIMDROIX user group (Thanks much to Chad2323). The plan is to build a +20min. per flight platform incorporating a FY-G3 3-axis (186grams = 6.56 oz.) gimbaling a Go Pro 3+ or 4. Of course it’ll be outfitted with all the necessary video, OSD, etc. equipment for ground station monitoring and mission planning.

    Weight of this naked frame with stock DJI arms = 422.4g = 14.9 oz.

    There is an understanding that every build is a balance of compromises.

    That being said this build is looking for:
    1 - Flight duration(+20min.)
    2 - Smooth stable cinematic platform
    3 - As much performance possible for chasing fast moving boats ( 20 - 30 mph ) in open water conditions.
    4 - While at the same time having the ability to capture stable close-up shots for those oh, so sexy shots.

    This is asking a bit much but after much study and conversation with EVO ONE owners this frame looks to be just the ticket.

    What I hope to gain from this conversation and your experience with the EVO ONE:
    1 - Motor, Prop, esc and battery combination to fill my needs.
    2 - To gain knowledge of any mods, tweaks and tricks from those flying EVO ONE's.
    3 - To build and fly a quad that can get the shots that everyone talks about.
    4 - Most important… having loads of fun shooting gorgeous footage while flying a sick quad.

    Please, any and all chime in.

    Thanks much,

    — Chris
    Hi Chris,
    With the stock DJi arms I would recommend using 12in props. From there, you have to decide if you wan to use 4s of 6s batteries. I think with a 4s yo should be ok. You can fit an 8,000mah 4s battery between the plates. For motors, you should look for motors around 600kv. The exact motor depends on your budget, with tiger motors you can't go wrong but the are expensive. I have used motors from rc timer and hobby king and they are ok but I don't fly my builds on risky places and I don't care much if they crash. Crash testing in needed to find the weak parts of the frame. lol But still I haven't had a motor or esc failure from those cheap motors.

    To be able to mount the 3 axis gimbal on the plate, you have to either flip the camera side support upside down or buy 8mm carbon fiber tubes on ebay and make your legs longer. On the before last page of the aimdroix frame thread I post some information about the camera plate modification or a 3 axis gimbal.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MAYMIDROIX View Post
    Hi Chris,
    With the stock DJi arms I would recommend using 12in props. From there, you have to decide if you wan to use 4s of 6s batteries. I think with a 4s yo should be ok. You can fit an 8,000mah 4s battery between the plates. For motors, you should look for motors around 600kv. The exact motor depends on your budget, with tiger motors you can't go wrong but the are expensive. I have used motors from rc timer and hobby king and they are ok but I don't fly my builds on risky places and I don't care much if they crash. Crash testing in needed to find the weak parts of the frame. lol But still I haven't had a motor or esc failure from those cheap motors.

    To be able to mount the 3 axis gimbal on the plate, you have to either flip the camera side support upside down or buy 8mm carbon fiber tubes on ebay and make your legs longer. On the before last page of the aimdroix frame thread I post some information about the camera plate modification or a 3 axis gimbal.

    MAYMIDROIX,

    Thanks for the thoughts and explanations.

    I haven't yet made the 4S versus 6S battery decision. Is 6S worth the effort?

    -- Chris

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernManRC View Post
    MAYMIDROIX,

    Thanks for the thoughts and explanations.

    I haven't yet made the 4S versus 6S battery decision. Is 6S worth the effort?


    -- Chris
    With 6s you'll get a few extra minutes of fly time because the amp draw will be less as the voltage is higher. I'm testing an 8s configuration in my test quad. First test got 18min of fly time in a 28F wheather with two 4s 3,300 mah batteries. A 4s system is just a simpler operating voltage and it's cheaper.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MAYMIDROIX View Post
    With 6s you'll get a few extra minutes of fly time because the amp draw will be less as the voltage is higher. I'm testing an 8s configuration in my test quad. First test got 18min of fly time in a 28F wheather with two 4s 3,300 mah batteries. A 4s system is just a simpler operating voltage and it's cheaper.
    Very nice. I'm going to try and stay in the 4S area while stepping into T-Motor U3 Motors.
    Need to ask.... will 13" carbon T-Motor props fit on the EVO One Frame with stock length arms?

  7. #7
    You can fit up to 12in props with stock length arms.
    Last edited by MAYMIDROIX; 2nd February 2015 at 12:35 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MAYMIDROIX View Post
    You can fit up to 12in props with stock length arms.
    Looking into cases for travel. Perusing the Pelican case offerings on B&H's site.

    This EVO One frame is currently built with stock DJI 450 arms. Making it's Width = 19" and Length = 19"

    Trying to order a case for this quad that will allow room for a EVO One with your extended arms. What would be the measurements of your EVO One quad with the extended arms?

Similar Threads

  1. AIMDROIX Arms for the F550
    By wootenelli in forum AIMDROIX
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 20th November 2016, 03:46 PM
  2. The new AIMDROIX EVO ONE frame
    By MAYMIDROIX in forum AIMDROIX
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 6th June 2015, 01:37 PM
  3. AIMDROIX OPEN SOURCE
    By MAYMIDROIX in forum AIMDROIX
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 1st February 2015, 01:42 PM
  4. AIMDROIX Aluminum Arms Stock
    By chad2323 in forum RMRC Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th July 2014, 01:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •