Finally I got my hands on a Skywalker. The plane came as ARF version like shown on the image below. All components are cheap Chinese no name without any markings.
The fuselage was already glued but thanks to the low quality glue they used it was easy to separate. Next I removed all the unnecessary stuff.
The wings and tail was reinforced with flat carbon spars. Bottom and top of each wing, also each fuselage half on the tail.
The paint scheme was shamelessly stolen from Derek_S.
Another reinforcement of the upper fuselage section is done by 2mm plywood. New servos are installed and the cables routed. The GPS will go on top of the horizontal stabilizer.
New servos are also installed in the wing. Ailerons hinged and connected to the servos.
I made a new motor mount since I want to use a 10" prop. The mount is made from 6.5mm plywood and 4 wooden dowels will distribute forces into the foam.
The removable canopy foam block was reinforced with 2mm plywood on the bottom. Cut in shape to take a Gopro and another plywood block glued in to take the FPV camera inclusive pan servo.
Another flat carbon spar was glued into the bottom of the fuselage. A short one on each side of the canopy opening.
While thinking how to fix batteries inside I came up with the idea shown on the image below. Used plywood again and made some slots on either side to use velcro straps to fix down the batteries. The white velcro will be used for the FY21-AP autopilot.
The Skywalker will be used without landing gear so a belly protection is needed. This time I tried something new instead of strapping tape. Scotch 3M Aluminum tape will protect the belly and tail skid during landings.