FPVLAB

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NEFPV Spec FPV RaceWings

I get people to do stuff. TheBender's Avatar

NEFPV Spec FPV RaceWings

Hi All! What is NEFPV? Who cares.

This thread is to introduce and catalog information on NEFPV Spec RaceWings. We are building a small fleet of these wings in order to have FPV wing races. The Spec Wings will all be built the same way with the same components to even the field. Plus they are easy to build, cheap, and fly surprisingly well.

So here are the specs and some pictures. We are working on having at least 10 of these wings ready for racing this spring, and will probably have more like 20 of them. We plan to hold a meet and any FPV pilots can sign up to qualify and race the spec wings. No you do not need to have your own wing, but you can build your own and bring it to the races if it meets the specs.

EDIT: Thanks to SlowJet for putting together the first video of the SpecWings, a preview race between JoeSa and WillM.
    Last edited by TheBender; 1st December 2014 at 09:18 AM.
    If you are not trying to fit through an opening that is just too tight, you are not FPVing.
    NEFPV^

NEFPV SpecWING Specs:

Spec wing/ Nite Wing Specifications
    Both wings are built using the CNC HP Wing blue foam kit which is from cnc-hp-wings. $15 for the CNC cut foam and wood motor mount/former. Search CNC hp wing and watch his videos... at the end of them is his email. The nitewings are the same kit but built by Ernie. He builds them with a flat bottom instead of a semi symmetrical bottom and installs LEDs internally for night flying.

wing kit
    contact paper
    gorilla glue/epoxy/hot glue
    corona 929mg servos (2)
    Turnigy D2826/6 2200kv motor
    6x4 prop
    40a hk esc
    turnigy 5a bec
    lc filter
    frsky v8r-4 rx
    immersion 25mw 5.8vtx (one is on 50mw 1258mhz)
    pz0420h cam
    2200mah 3S
    If you are not trying to fit through an opening that is just too tight, you are not FPVing.
    NEFPV^

I built a jig to assemble the wings faster and with consistency. PiscaJ has a better version of the jig in the works.

Jig Video:
    NEFPV^

My jig and a wing:

NEFPV^

And a rack of wings. We have 6 NEFPV Spec Racewings completed and flying as of now.

NEFPV^

Navigator
    Do you need to a jig to build spec wing? Spec wing is on winter project list.. They being debuted in spring fly-in?

[Flight Box]Low Class FPV slowjet's Avatar
    Got my stuff gathered for the build. Waiting on vtx and cam. Using a different frsky rx. Mostly because I git a deal on 4 of them.
    My vtx on order is not immersion but it fits specs and supposedly should work with either boscam receivers or immersion rxs. Plus it's about 20 dollars cheaper.

My Build list with prices/links

CNC-HP-WING Kit (Contact info at 9:24 in the video scrolls by really fast)
    $15
    gorilla glue/hot glue
    Con-Tact Self-Adhesive Shelf Liner-18"X9' (clear) - I should have gotten some with a design!!
    $6.76
    2x Corona 929MG Metal Gear Servo 2.2kg/ 12.5g/ 0.10sec
    $11.18 (for two)
    Turnigy D2826/6 2200kv motor
    $11.03 (this was given to me by Bender)
    6x4 prop
    $1.30 (for 2)
    HobbyKing 40A ESC 4A UBEC
    $15.60
    FrSky V8R7SP receiver
    $14 (from seller on RCG)
    Helistar FT951 5.8G 22CH 25mW Super Tiny Wireless Video Transmitter (boscam and immersion compatible)
    $24.90 (purchased on black friday for $20)
    RunCam 600TVL Plastic Housing FPV Camera
    $31.99
    Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 30C Lipo
    $14.75
    Last edited by slowjet; 2nd December 2014 at 12:37 AM.
    [Flight Box] - Watch, Cry, Subscribe.
    youtube.com/jnacoustic

NEFPV^

It would be cool to have a complete kit from a vendor. One stop shopping, ready to rock.
    Would love to go to race like that!
    Flying through the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by JB4W View Post
    Do you need to a jig to build spec wing? Spec wing is on winter project list.. They being debuted in spring fly-in?

You do not need a jig but it makes it easier to build the plane in a airfoil as the rest of the scep wings. You can build flat on a table but will have a more flat bottomed wing than how they come out of the jig. If you watch the jig build video, you could try taking the measurements and just use a couple boards to get the fold right...

If you get a kit, bring to my place next meet and you can use my jig to fold and glue it.

We have flown in 5 of them and have had a couple pre races. Spring event will be a full race event with these wings. Each pilot who want to race will pay in tp use the existing wings and their own tx/groundstation.
    NEFPV^

Navigator
    Thanks Bender...I am going to check with SJ on how he is building his wing. I may follow suit with him or just build at your place.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast