Thread: AIMDROIX OPEN SOURCE

AIMDROIX OPEN SOURCE

In support to the users of our products I have decided to start a program called, AIMDROIX OPEN SOURCE. With electronic systems you have the benefit that the software can be easily be updated when there is an update of the software. You are able to just download the updated software and use it at no cost. With that idea, we will make opens source parts for AIMDROIX products and post the files in thingiverse and in the aimdroix website. Also, users can make their own designs and share it through this program. You will be able to print them using a 3d printer or if you don't have one you can buy it from any of our authorized retailers.

The first parts that I'll be posting it's a bottom side battery holder for the Aimdroix Evo One frame. This will allow you to mount the battery on the bottom with velcro straps. It has an stopper on the rear so that the battery doesn't move further back and avoid it to make contact with the lower propeller on the y6 frame. Also, you will have enough space now to mount all of your escs, and other electronics between the top and bottom plate.

Navigator
    Where will you be posting the stl files too?

Also, why is the evo thread locked?

Navigator
    Flateric I noticed as well the thread is closed, I have come to a dead stop on my build, I am building an X8 with mine and have run into a problem. Seems that if you use a motor wider than 1 inch (I am using KV 650's) it covers up the mounting holes for the second motor underneath, unless you have a super small ratchet and use M3X7 socket or 2.0 mm wrench for the button heads to fit between the motors it is physically impossible to mount the second motor. Again I am puzzled why that thread is locked and I think we should start a build thread for this frame that way it will stay open. Did you solve your mounting issues with your camera?.
    Stay well
    Liam

I will get those files posted on thingiverse.com. send me your email and I'll send you the files.

I reopened the thread. Looks like I accidentally cheked a box that closes the thread.
    Last edited by MAYMIDROIX; 31st January 2015 at 01:51 PM.

Navigator
    MAYMIDROIX Can you please offer solution

I have come to a dead stop on my build, I am building an X8 with mine and have run into a problem. Seems that if you use a motor wider than 1 inch (I am using KV 650's) it covers up the mounting holes for the second motor underneath, unless you have a super small ratchet and use M3X7 socket or 2.0 mm wrench for the button heads to fit between the motors it is physically impossible to mount the second motor.

Navigator
    Ich glaube, ich habe auf einem Designfehler gestoßen und es scheint, wie Sie es sonst meine Post zu beantworten. Ich weiß, Sie sah ich es geschrieben um 12:12 Uhr und Sie zurück geschrieben einem ganz anderen Thema zu 1:44 Uhr Haben Sie immer einen Kunden zu ignorieren?
    sad just sad
    Liam
    Last edited by Liam; 31st January 2015 at 06:43 PM.

Hi Liam, I though I did responded to your question here yesterday but I was writing from my phone. I'm really sorry(found that trying to use the regular phone browser to access this forum is not good, taptalk app make it much easier) . My motors are 50mm in diameter and I got to install them. It's a bit hard but not impossible. First, install the motor that goes on the arm. Then, using the M3 x7mm screws and a needle nose pliers to turn the screw into the first few thread of the motor. Then with patience, keep turning it until it gets to the end but don't fully tight it. Do this on the motor screws that are closer to the end of the arm. I know is hard but you just need to be patient. Motor of OD of 35mm will not run into this issue but it's not impossible to install big OD motors. Please take a look at this build video, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V2MGvTHJhtI jump to minute 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    Ich glaube, ich habe auf einem Designfehler gestoßen und es scheint, wie Sie es sonst meine Post zu beantworten. Ich weiß, Sie sah ich es geschrieben um 12:12 Uhr und Sie zurück geschrieben einem ganz anderen Thema zu 1:44 Uhr Haben Sie immer einen Kunden zu ignorieren?
    sad just sad
    Liam
    This is the google translation. : I think I've come across a design flaw and it seems like you to answer it otherwise my mail. I know you, I saw it posted at 12:12 clock and written back to a completely different topic to 1:44 clock Have you always ignore a customer?

Sorry Liam, I've not been trying to ignore you. I was not at home at the moment of your post. I know is a design problem that makes difficult the installation of the second motor but as it still possible to install them I haven't made a new design for this part. Please take a look at this thread page. http://fpv-community.de/showthread.p...-Frames/page27

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SIDE MOUNT STANDOFF.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	58029
    I think this will solve the problem. I can make them right now with my 3d printer out of ABS plastic. It can have an M3 nuts inside to have secure thread for the application.